• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Do you think there will be new Mega forms?

• Yes

Votes: 232 93.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 6.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
    Wasn't Sharpedo Archie's ace Pokémon and not Wailord? You should be asking for a Mega Sharpedo instead, and watch as it gets banned to ubers like Mega Blaziken due to Speed Boost.

Would make sense having a Mega Sharpedo having Speed Boost since it is based on a torpedo after all haha x3 But yeah, stoked to see a Mega Sharpedo and Mega Camerupt seeing as they are perfect Pokemon for Archie and Maxie!

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Blaziken was already OP because of Speed Boost, so I don't see why you'd want megas for Swampert and Sceptile just to 'equal' them to Blaziken. Besides, Charizard got an extra mega as well, right? But because all three of them are awesome, and Swampert is my favourite, I do wish they'd go around adding something for these guys. It would do them a lot good.

Years
    Giving them Mega evolutions wouldn't be about balancing them and Blaziken. Speed Boost made Blaziken the most powerful starter in the game before Kalos was even released. It would be more about consistency. Why give Blaziken special treatment and let it remain as the only Hoenn starter with a Mega evolution, even when they're developing a Hoenn remake?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I still hope sceptile gets 2 megas, one being a dragon. Also, I would not trust anything at the moment, but people seem to be forgetting a few things.

Mega Blaziken was only an event for 4 months, therefore, you can no longer get if you didn't do the even or trade with someone who did. With this being so, if they bring in Megas, which I am almost 100% sure they will, this would be a good time to make Blaziken available to everyone, along with Sceptile and Swampert.

Also, Maxie and Archie could have a mega of their own. They are not really that evil and obviously love their pokemon, which is why they are trying to give more land to these types of pokemon. This would be a good time to introduce megas for at least one of their pokemon.

Maxie could get Mega Camperupt. He could also get a Houndour.

Archie, could get a mega of Sharpedo. He could also get a mega Craudaunt if they change their teams, which I do not think they will.

They both have Crobats, they they both could get a Mega Crobat, but I do not really like that idea. I think it should be their special pokemon.

People say that it makes no since for them to have Megas in Hoenn, tell me something, why does it make any sense at all for Kalos to have Unova pokemon when Unova was suppose to be far away from other regions? The maker of pokemon has already said he wants every pokemon to have its own Mega eventually.

Also for those saying that they could go without megas because they did it with BW2 and BW Kyreum, that was only 2 pokemon in which you fuse two pokemon together and they stay together until otherwise taken apart. There are 30 mega pokemon right now and they are in battle transformations, not to mention, usually, everyone makes the newer games their main game, so why wouldn't there be megas?

Just because it does not make sense, does not mean it can't happen. Since when does pokemon as a whole make sense? They have always broken this "sense" barrier. Why now is this any different? I think the main reason, is because some people still do not like the concept of megas. This is just my 2 cents.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I still hope sceptile gets 2 megas, one being a dragon. Also, I would not trust anything at the moment, but people seem to be forgetting a few things.

Mega Blaziken was only an event for 4 months, therefore, you can no longer get if you didn't do the even or trade with someone who did. With this being so, if they bring in Megas, which I am almost 100% sure they will, this would be a good time to make Blaziken available to everyone, along with Sceptile and Swampert.

Also, Maxie and Archie could have a mega of their own. They are not really that evil and obviously love their pokemon, which is why they are trying to give more land to these types of pokemon. This would be a good time to introduce megas for at least one of their pokemon.

Archie, could get a mega of Sharpedo. He could also get a mega Craudaunt if they change their teams, which I do not think they will.

They both have Crobats, they they both could get a Mega Crobat, but I do not really like that idea. I think it should be their special pokemon.

People say that it makes no since for them to have Megas in Hoenn, tell me something, why does it make any sense at all for Kalos to have Unova pokemon when Unova was suppose to be far away from other regions? The maker of pokemon has already said he wants every pokemon to have its own Mega eventually.

Also for those saying that they could go without megas because they did it with BW2 and BW Kyreum, that was only 2 pokemon in which you fuse two pokemon together and they stay together until otherwise taken apart. There are 30 mega pokemon right now and they are in battle transformations, not to mention, usually, everyone makes the newer games their main game, so why wouldn't there be megas?

Just because it does not make sense, does not mean it can't happen. Since when does pokemon as a whole make sense? They have always broken this "sense" barrier. Why now is this any different? I think the main reason, is because some people still do not like the concept of megas. This is just my 2 cents.

I also think they should Sceptile two Megas. One could be Grass/Dragon and the other Grass/Dark or Grass/Steel.

I've been thinking that...maybe they won't give us the Mega stones for the starters until some later point in the story. I didn't like how they simply handed us the mega stones for the Kanto starters.

Years
    I've been thinking that...maybe they won't give us the Mega stones for the starters until some later point in the story. I didn't like how they simply handed us the mega stones for the Kanto starters.

If not post-game, I think it would make a lot of sense if Norman gives the player the Mega stone of the starter they chose. It would add some importance to him, who needs it, being the player's father. The 5th gym is also around the time starters reach their final form, so a great fit in that respect as well.

Years
    Rumors about 'Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire'

Mega Evolution in Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire

Latest reports claimed that new game "Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby" will feature a storyline about mega-evolution involving the Mega Latios and Mega Latias.

As Pokemon X & Y featured a cliffhanger about the mega evolution of the said creatures, the new game was expected to continue or give resolution to the storyline. Moreover, the remake of the third generation was speculated to upgrade the Hoenn region with all of the latest features in the franchise.

Salamence™

Gen 3♥
    Years

If there would be one with two mega evolutions i think it would be blaziken since you could only get its mega evolution in a mystery event

Years
    Spoiler:

Latest reports claimed that new game "Pokemon Alpha Sapphire and Omega Ruby" will feature a storyline about mega-evolution involving the Mega Latios and Mega Latias.

As Pokemon X & Y featured a cliffhanger about the mega evolution of the said creatures, the new game was expected to continue or give resolution to the storyline. Moreover, the remake of the third generation was speculated to upgrade the Hoenn region with all of the latest features in the franchise.

Do you have a source for this report? I haven't heard anything of the sort, but of course, I may just not be looking in the right places.

Actually, I'm starting to feel like Mega Lati@s were just events and still pertain to X and Y, not the remakes. Could be wrong, but it's odd how they were discovered at this point in time. I suppose we'll have to wait and see on that one.

Years
    I think it'll be strange if they do the Latis event in XY. Z or sequels maybe. However, I feel they will be out of place in Kalos.

I could see them expanding on the Latis storyline, and would very much love it if they did so as there was none in the originals.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If not post-game, I think it would make a lot of sense if Norman gives the player the Mega stone of the starter they chose. It would add some importance to him, who needs it, being the player's father. The 5th gym is also around the time starters reach their final form, so a great fit in that respect as well.

I wouldn't mind if they gave all the task of introducing mega-evolution system to Norman, honestly. He's one of the more important characters, and definitely needs to be portrayed as such. This would actually give him something to do and not just lay around in his gym, haha.

Years
    Megas don't make sense for ORAS

Everyone has talked about megas being in the game. Most likely you will get the mega ring, just to use pokemon megas from XY traded. What people don't realize is inconsistency. If we have
    Spoiler:
    , then it most likely will be in ORAS, the games that added them. Though if they are already in the code, then why wouldn't the other "New Megas" not in code already? If we are getting them in an update, then wouldn't we already get
    Spoiler:
    in the update, therefore not knowing about them? So, unless
    Spoiler:
    are going to be given away in all of gen 6 in an event, which considering they are RSE characters, that most likely wouldn't happen. And no compatibility between the same gen would make no sense. So, what is your opinion?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    If there would be one with two mega evolutions i think it would be blaziken since you could only get its mega evolution in a mystery event

They were probably working on ORAS at the same time as XY and decided to make a Hoenn starter a mega, and sense Blaziken was to be featured in the anime, it made sense for them to go ahead and release it. This will probably change in ORAS, Mega Blaziken will probably be available to all. Sceptile, to me, has the greatest potential to have 2 megas. There is not much more you can do with Blaziken, at least not at the top of my head. With Sceptile, I can think of about 3 or so possible megas.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I think there'll only be two new megas, Sceptile and Swampert and they'll update XY. If there is no mega Sceptile/Swampert then I'll be very disappointed

Years
    I just thought of the chance that they may make Mega Arceus' for this game. Since God in the Abrahamic religions is referred to as the Alpha and the Omega it'll make sense to give Arceus two megas for these games. MegaArceus Omega and MegaArceus Alpha. It's similar to how Mewtwo whose theme was genetics got two for the pair named after genetics.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    I just thought of the chance that they may make Mega Arceus' for this game. Since God in the Abrahamic religions is referred to as the Alpha and the Omega it'll make sense to give Arceus two megas for these games. MegaArceus Omega and MegaArceus Alpha. It's similar to how Mewtwo whose theme was genetics got two for the pair named after genetics.

Very possible, but Arceus is already real overpowered... I guess they'll have to ban him from being transferred with the mega stones anywhere. But that's not the problem, the problem be the plates. Arceus already depends much on plates, how can he change type while holding the stones?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back