• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Mega Evolutions Discussion and Speculation

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I really don't see how it would help if Sceptile became part dragon-type. It'd just add a few additional weaknesses to it, such as fairy and dragon. Plus, it would become four-times weak to ice. Ice-type Pokémon and attacks may not be used very often in competive play, but they're still there. ): If Sceptile were to get a MegaEvolution, I would like it if they kept its type the way it was. Also, I would like to see them raise its Attack and Speed, if possible. That way, it would be easier for us to use it as a sweeper. It'd be nice if they increased its defensive stats a little as well.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well Swampert has a 4x weakness and is the 2nd most used of the Hoenn starters...
    Also it being part Dragon will remove Fire as a weakness as well as give it additional STAB, and we all know Sceptile has a lot of Dragon moves.

I thought of a good Mega Evolution however it's unlikely to happen...MegaUnown! It can get a new move that only appears during MegaEvolution that is effective against all types...

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I really don't see how it would help if Sceptile became part dragon-type. It'd just add a few additional weaknesses to it, such as fairy and dragon. Plus, it would become four-times weak to ice. Ice-type Pokémon and attacks may not be used very often in competive play, but they're still there. ): If Sceptile were to get a MegaEvolution, I would like it if they kept its type the way it was. Also, I would like to see them raise its Attack and Speed, if possible. That way, it would be easier for us to use it as a sweeper. It'd be nice if they increased its defensive stats a little as well.

Yeah that makes sense, id just love to see sceptile with a more dragon style, heck id even think grass-flying would be pretty cool, just to spice it up a bit. I've always thought that it had a sort of wind aspect to it, and i think it would be pretty unique. But like you said, ice will destroy it, but its still fun to speculate. But I think you're right that if Sceptile's mega evo kept its type, got some stat boosts, maybe a new ability, and a cool design that would be best.

Years
  • Grass/Flying sounds worse than Grass/Dragon imo.
    Maybe it'll have an ability symbolising it's role as a forest guardian. Maybe something like- Nature's Blessings which multiplies the power of grass,bug,and ground moves by 1.5 (no 'in a pinch' needed).

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    Grass/Flying sounds worse than Grass/Dragon imo.
    Maybe it'll have an ability symbolising it's role as a forest guardian. Maybe something like- Nature's Blessings which multiplies the power of grass,bug,and ground moves by 1.5 (no 'in a pinch' needed).

That sounds pretty cool, and im just talking in purely a design standpoint for the typing, grass/flying would be abysmal. I stand my ground with grass/dragon though, I mean its got some dragon moves already, and the mega evo makes it completely optional for those who prefer it with the pure grass typing. That ability sounds really good though, but this is assuming we get a mega sceptile and swampert in the first place. There are some pretty cool designs floating around

Years
  • I imagine the seeds on Sceptile's back will bloom in it's Mega Evolution. Also it's blades of grass will proably look more sword like and become longer...maybe taking the shape of a schimitar.
    It's harder to imagine a MegaSwampert...maybe a darker shade of blue and it's fin's color becoming red...and growing more taller and having larger fins...

I want to see how Mega Torterra will look like...hopefully it'll be bigger with a taller mountain. Maybe have an ability like Solid Rock reducing the damage it'll get from SE moves...specifically Ice moves.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    If MegaSwampert were to be created,
    it should have Sap Sipper,
    it doesn't make sense at first,
    but it can give Swampert an advantage over Grass moves.
    Sheer Force, Huge Power are great for this bulky monster as well! :D

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Sceptile ever got a MegaEvolution, I would like it to have an ability that would make it easier for it to win more battles. One ability that could truly help this Pokémon is Moxie. Moxie would eliminate the need for it to use Swords Dance, as its Attack would be raised automatically every time it takes out an opposing Pokémon. Intimidate could work, too. This would lower the strength of your opponent's physical attackers, which would give it a chance to endure some extra punches and kicks.

If Swampert were to have a Mega form, then I'd like its ability to be Sand Stream. Swampert has an extreme amount of bulk, but unfortunately, its popularity was dropped as soon as Pokémon Black and White were introduced. If it ever got access to Sand Stream, then its popularity would rise back up in an instant. I'm sure.

Years
  • If Sceptile ever got a MegaEvolution, I would like it to have an ability that would make it easier for it to win more battles. One ability that could truly help this Pokémon is Moxie. Moxie would eliminate the need for it to use Swords Dance, as its Attack would be raised automatically every time it takes out an opposing Pokémon. Intimidate could work, too. This would lower the strength of your opponent's physical attackers, which would give it a chance to endure some extra punches and kicks.

If Swampert were to have a Mega form, then I'd like its ability to be Sand Stream. Swampert has an extreme amount of bulk, but unfortunately, its popularity was dropped as soon as Pokémon Black and White were introduced. If it ever got access to Sand Stream, then its popularity would rise back up in an instant. I'm sure.

I also see Swampert getting sand stream. Or maybe Drizzle. Or maybe Swift Swim (which will make it great in a rain team!).
    Sap sipper will instantly make Swampert go up in tier! It's 4x weakness is proably it's most major hindrance and will open up one to using more moves as it wouldn't need to have an ice move to finish off Grass Pokemon as it's ability will remove it.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Im thinking eevee, itself, will get a mega Eeveelution. There were rumors stating eevee having two evolutions this generation. I know all the mega evolutions announced have all been about fully evolved pokemon, but considering eevee's unstable dna, a mega evveelution can still be possible. I don't know, whats your opinion?

Evee still hasn't gotten several type evolutions yet: steel, ground, poison, rock, ghost, flying, dragon, or fighting evolution, koff~

I'd like to see if they can do three this time around instead of just two. I'd like to see what they'd call a poisonous evee. Toxeon? Seepeon? Terreon. I think I found it. Terror + eon. That sounds good, right, koffi~

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    I think giving eevee mega evo would a nice to create normal type eeveelution without making alot of fans mad.
    But or this thing to be useful he need his every stat to be boosted.

Make the Mega Eevee all 120 in stats, that way Mega Eevee will not 'steal the spotlight' of his evos.

Years
  • I think they should just give each Eeveelution a Mega...or at the original 3 for classical reference sake. Maybe the Mega Kanto Eeveelutions will look similar to Entei, Suicune, and Raikou...as a reference to the fan theory that those three are revived Eeveelutions...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If Eevee were to get a MegaEvolution, then I'd want it to have longer legs, bigger eyes, and shorter ears. This would make it look a lot cuter, in my opinion. I would want its ability to be either Serene Grace, Natural Cure, or Magic Guard. Color Change could work, too. This would allow it to change its type depending on the move that the opponent uses on it. As for its stats, I would have to ditto Fiery Dash on this. It would be great if they made all of its stats one-twenty.

Years
  • Mega-Eevee: Evolves from Friendship,
    Colorchange: The attack mega Eevee changes to that type. (every attack gets stab)
    Eevee has such a small move pool to have that ability

dreamcatcher

Lump Appraiser
    Years
  • I don't think I can see GF making a Mega Evolution for a base-stage Pokémon, but that's just my personal opinion. Mega Evolutions for all of his evolutions would be cool, but it seems like too much to hope for.
    But seriously; if Flareon gets a Mega Evolution, it better at least get a boost to its Special Attack stat because it's pretty ratchet as is.

Years
  • You know if there were another eeveelution to represent dragon they could have all the eeveelutions Mega Evolve and give them a secondary type that was formerly physical...I doubt they'll do that but if they did I can see MegaFlareon being Fire/Fighting.

Atmageth

The One and Only
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    I imagine the seeds on Sceptile's back will bloom in it's Mega Evolution. Also it's blades of grass will proably look more sword like and become longer...maybe taking the shape of a schimitar.
    It's harder to imagine a MegaSwampert...maybe a darker shade of blue and it's fin's color becoming red...and growing more taller and having larger fins...

I want to see how Mega Torterra will look like...hopefully it'll be bigger with a taller mountain. Maybe have an ability like Solid Rock reducing the damage it'll get from SE moves...specifically Ice moves.

I like the scimitar idea, and mega torterra would be really cool, this is also assuming all the previous starters are getting mega evos. With that said id really like a mega typhlosion too, i think the designers could have a lot of fun with that.

Back