• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Megakarp

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Well i looked and to my shock i couldent see a topic on this???

Anyway as im sure a lot of you know the resort area in platinum has pokemon with level to rivel those of the mt silver ones in gen 2
    but this is on a whole new level, and as far as i know the oly pokemon that can be caught that is at a higher base level than arceus. Using the super rod in the water in the resort area can if you are very lucky land you an amazing treat, a level 100 magikarp. I stumbled upon this today while playing, so have you ever had the fortune of finding the megakarp and why do you think ninetend would give one of the weekest pokemon the highest level of any wild pokemon ever.???

InfinIcy

I like Metroids.
    Years
    • Seen May 27, 2010
    I've never found it, but the highest I've found was 93. I'm not sure why they'd put that there except maybe to surprise a few people who thought the "Hidden Ruler" was some kind of legendary pokemon or something. O_o

xxChazxx

It's Been a While
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2016
    I-I-Incredible!

I've never known about the Megakarps! I must obtain one!

thegeneticway

"He has kickin' powers"-Trixie
    Years
    At first I thought when they said "Ruler" I thought of an actual ruler or ruler-shaped pokemon and not ruler as in king/queen.

:X

I gave up on that

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    The highest lv magikarp I caught at the resort area was lv 87. I traded it away at the GTS shortly after. I havent caught a lv 100 magikarp yet but if I do, it will end up on the GTS. :D

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    Not at Lv100, but I did find one somewhere in the 90s. I laughed that that was the "Hidden Ruler" and didn't catch it. That was probably why they put it in: comedy value. XD;

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    I have caught this "megakarp"

I actually use him in competitive.

Alucia

Random tile/map artist
    Years
    • She/Her They/Them
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I have caught this "megakarp"

I actually use him in competitive.

it really is cool isnt it

but seriously the magikarp in this area are insane they pass fully along the level spectrum from level 1 all the way to 100... WHY???

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    My highest is only lv 70 and that was the first one I saw. I haven't bothered since then.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2009
    i never knew wild Pokemon got much stronger than the legendaries that you can catch at like level 70.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    it really is cool isnt it

but seriously the magikarp in this area are insane they pass fully along the level spectrum from level 1 all the way to 100... WHY???

I know! He's awesome!

It's really funny if you baton pass a couple of swords dances to him, and then sweep.

La Foudre

<3 Sneasel.
    Years
    I lol'd at the title.

I'm not up to that part in Platinum yet, so the highest level magikarp I've gotten is 10, I think.

jolteon.

asdfasdfasdf
    Years
    Haha, I've seen a Magikarp sweep before, and it was awesome. I don't remember all the details, but it was magikarp vs Kyogre (in the rain) so Magikarp's swift swim was in effect. Kyogre used Thunder and Magikarp endured the hit with a focus sash. Then Magikarp switched out to something else, which fainted, and then to Smeargle. Smeargle spored, substituted, and swords danced and baton passed to magikarp, and magikarp killed everything off with flail.

It was awesome. xD I want to use one in the battle tower but it would take too long to set up, plus I wouldn't have rain that lasted forever. D:

The highest level Magikarp I've caught from there was about level 90.

harig07

Pokemon & SSBB newbie, YGO Pro
    Years
    But if you were to evolve it into Gyara it would lose all its moves...

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    Move Tutor/Relearner?
    That's how you could get the moves back.

Back