• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Megaman!

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    I love Megaman! It's my third favourite video game franchise (after Zelda and Pokemon) and I thought I'd start a thread for any discussion regarding Megaman, be it the Classic, X, Zero, ZX, Legends, Battle Network, or Star Force series!A few discussion starters:
    -Who is cooler: X or Zero? (I very much prefer Zero)
    -Which series do you like the best?
    -What's the deal with Dr.Wily? Being a so called mad scientist who wants to take over the world, yet he created one of the greatest heroes ever, who has saved the world multiple times... is there something more there?
    -Seriously what's the deal with the end of X5? It's supposed to lead into Zero being sealed away in the beginning of MMZero, but Zero isn't sealed in X6! Anyone know what that's about?
    Yeah, those are just some ideas, but any discussion about Megaman is welcome here!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Oh man, I seriously loved Megaman. My favorite series would be Battle Network. Haven't missed any games within it; played each and every one of them. xD" Protoman was my most favorite Netnavi, with Shadowman being second. Sucks that they had to end it, though. Besides Battle Network, I also liked Star Force.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
    So far, I've still only played Megaman 2, though that's also been a game I've thoroughly enjoyed. I really like how they managed incorporated challenge in a way where it seems fair, something which wasn't really the case with most games of that era. Like, I feel responsible for just about any mistakes I make, any hit I take, etc. Of course there are certain points where I feel like enemy placements might've been a bit cheap, but the fact is, I'll usually have seen an enemy before they're thrown into a place where beating them or navigating past them is harder, so I'm well-aware of their attacks and movement patterns, and should be able to counter them. And that's why I feel like the challenges are fair. I feel like it's a bit unforgiving with lives though (at least the second one) compared to how much of a challenge it is, but since all you have to do is restart the stage over if you lose all your lives, it'll usually just result in me getting better at the stages, so still not too big of a complaint from here.

I haven't really seen too much of the spin-offs, but from my impression of the one I played, I'd definitely like to try more of that style :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2015
    MM2 is the best MMClassic, IMO. That Dr.Wily castle theme is just so fantastic, and the Metal Blade is so fun! I would recommend the X series (starting with the first, Megaman X). They keep the same core gameplay as the classic series, but make it much more fast paced and add vertical segments via dashing (best mapped to the L button) and wall jumping. The story is also much better, and actually changes with each installment!

I've actually never played the BN series, I'm working on finishing the sidescrollers first. I still have 7, 8, X5-X8, and the ZX series, but then I'll probably play it.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I played Battle Network mostly. I think all 6 of those games were great; but Starforce was a turn off for me. Just didn't feel like Megaman at all after BN 6.

Back