• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Memories of collecting Pokemon Cards

Years
  • I'm not gonna lie, I haven't collected any cards since the original packs with either Charizard, Blastoise, or Venasaur on the front, but I do remember the experience I had. I remember when they first came out, the comic book store only sold one pack per person, per day. But my mom would buy me a pack while I was in school, then let me get a pack after school so I got two on which ever days my mom felt generous.

Anyways, what were some of your favorite memories when you started collecting the cards? Also, on another note, is it true that the first generation of Pokemon cards are not allowed in tournaments? Someone told me that a few years back, but I wasn't collecting them at that time either...

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2012
    You can check my thread on where to start, I fell the same way as you. I never bought packs, rather traded other stuff for cards. I recently started buying cards lately and want to play again. Sort of falling back on childhood memories! :)

Back