• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Meowth game hack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    I'm pretty sure about the plot, but its mainly a personal-use game, so I likely could use a couple ideas on making it a hack for any Meowth fan. This is using TR's, so heads' up if you don't like that character.

Basically, the idea would be where your a new trainer, & you get to have the same Meowth from the show as one of your Pokemon. He'd have quit TR by this point, for one reason or another, & basically if you really wanted him, you could convince him to join you on your journey. & personally I like the idea of it being possible to train him like any other Pokemon, so the option would be there, but you couldn't teach him Pay Day like in the show, but he could learn the other attacks, it'd just take higher levels than regular Meowths, because I figure if he CAN learn new moves, it'd take longer than usual. He could also learn TMs & HMs, since we've never had confirmation either way about them. (unless I'm missing something from DP since I refuse to watch because of the new VAs)

I would say you'd find him somewhere just after you start your journey, either during your errand run for the Proffessor of the game, or just after. You'd talk to him for a couple of seconds, then have the option of convincing him to join you, & I guess the cancel option, (you'd play the game normally I guess, since the idea is to have him on the team like Pikachu in Yellow) since I can't come up with anything else.

Then if you choose to keep him with you, he'd follow you around & everything like the Pikachu in the Yellow version, but unlike Pikachu, you'd be able to actually talk with him like any other character in the game, reacting to whatever events are going on, things you'd expect, & similar. The text block would be directly under the face block, & I'd imagine you'd hear the Meowth-cry from the game when you start talking to him, like with Pikachu.

I'm wanting to try this with the Crytal version, since 1) its the first option in which you can play as a girl, 2) one would think its one of the easier Pokemon games to hack.

That's all I got right now, & honestly I've always wanted a game like this, especially for the DS, but ones like Platinum I'm sure would be near impossible to hack. If not DP, then maybe fire red or leaf green, maybe the RSE games, one of em. But I'm clueless with hacking, so I'll be looking up tools in the toolbox & learning how to do this stuff, unless someone wants to be kind enough to help me create it, but I doubt that since I'm new here & all.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • Ok I like the idea. But I have to ask what skills can you contribute? I don't mean to sound rude but people want to know how the creator can help.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2009
    That's just it.. not a thing. I obviously want to learn a lot more of actual hacking before I even think of asking anybody to help me with this thing, right now I just want to see if the idea's even possible, going on the tools you guys have here. I know I saw a Yellow remake in the works around here.. if that person manages to (or we somehow end up helping each other to) get the Pikachu to follow Ash in their hack, maybe so long as I obviously give credit, I could hopefully use the script for this idea.

BUT, I'll definitely ask before I even think of using anything from anybody, & obviously any possible help WILL be given full credit.. I hate art thieves of any kind with a passion, & isn't hacking a type of art? should be.. well, you get the idea, thieves = HATE em, so.. yeah. Just letting people know here, that's all. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back