• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Map] Messed up palettes and not compiled file

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Hi,

I stumbled across 2 strange (at least for me 😁) problems and I hope someone can give me a hint to solve them.

1) I created a new tileset, some palettes and then inserted my tiles palette by palette and reimported the image after every palette. The first 4 palettes were working fine but when I import with the 5th or 6th palette some colors in the other palettes are messed up (the grass of palette 1 is then partially red instead of green) or the tiles are looking different than in GIMP (brown background instead of black).
    I make sure I only edit the tiles that are meant to be changed and know it´s "forbidden" to use the same color twice in one palette, but can it be that every color can only exist one time in the whole tileset? Or has it something to do that i create a primary tileset?

2) I added the logic for the debugmenu (https://github.com/pret/pokeemerald/wiki/Add-a-debug-menu) and also some custom entries. To test if it works as intended I simply put a "PlayBGM" in them. Afterwards I changed it to the real logic but it seems the file is now ignored by the compiler or something similar (no errors or warnings in the output). No matter what changes I make to the file it stills plays only the music.

Back