• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Metal Coat

BountyHunter15

Helpful Foe
Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    I'm trying to get another metal coat in leafgreen and emerald.
    But i'm having trouble.
    I know you can get metal coat in emerald by stealing a magnimite's hold item.
    Can anyone lend a hand?

AdvanceMapper

Stop scaring the little kids!
    Years
  • Or, you could just go to Memorial (place) in the Sevii Islands and give the weird guy a Lemonade.
    On the south side, there's a Metal Caot.

If you want to do your way, just get a Meowth for your Leafgreen with Pickup and a Zigzagoon on Emerald with Pickup.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Another alternative is if you have a Pokemon with Trick, Covet, or Thief. If the wild Magnemite is holding a Metal Coat and you use one of the three listed moves on it, you will obtain the Metal Coat. It doesn't take that long to get it.

BountyHunter15

Helpful Foe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 10, 2008
    Another alternative is if you have a Pokemon with Trick, Covet, or Thief. If the wild Magnemite is holding a Metal Coat and you use one of the three listed moves on it, you will obtain the Metal Coat. It doesn't take that long to get it.
    I've been trying to do that with my kadabra using trick.
    It takes so long to get.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    i caught mine using a phanphy.(metal coat is rare, i caught about a dozen of'em magnemites until i found one!!)

Back