• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Metal Gengar with Queen/Mewtwo

Darokkian Magmortar

Pokemon TCG Lover <3
    Years
    I wanted to play Metal Gengar...
    Pokemon (26)

4-2-4 Gengar SF
    2-1-2 Metagross SV
    2-2 Claydol GE
    1-1 Mewtwo Lv. X
    2 Uxie LA
    2 Spiritomb PA
    1 Azelf LA

Trainers/Supporters (18)

4 Rare Candy
    4 Bebe's Search
    4 Roseanne's Research
    3 Night Maintenance
    2 Looker's Investigation
    1 Luxury Ball

Stadiums (2)

2 Broken Time-Space

Energies (14)

8 Psychic
    3 Metal
    3 Call Energy

Comment please

cartercr

Sour Kangaroo's best friend!
    Years
    Time to break this down for ya.

Gengar: It becomes more effective as you gain trainers in the discard pile. I like this percentage of trainers, but you can't hold them if you want to make gengar effective. Also, call me old time, I would recommend using the Base Set 1 Gastly, it's going to be effective using destiny bond to keep you from losing it and making a Gengar ineffective.

Metagross: Gravitation is extremely effective. End of story. DO NOT PLACE IT WHEN YOU ARE IN A BIND! If you place this when you are struggling, your opponet will just take advantage of the lack of HP. Also, I would run more Stadiums, and less of the other trainers. Geo Impact will work well when there are stadiums in play, due to the fact that a lot of people will run mono color decks.

Claydol: Cosmic Power is another effective pokepower. The ability to draw cards can help when your in a bind. This could combine well with metagross. If you can use Cosmic Power, you may be able to get stadiums (which I once again stress you should run more.) Then Metagross becomes more effective. Keep this on the bench if Metagross is in play.

Mewtwo: The heart of the operation. Psybarrier is going to be really usefull in the next few sets due to the increase of level ups and the decrease of evolutions. Giga Burn will kill you though. You should run about 25-30 energy, so I would recommend dropping some trainers/pokemon and increasing your energy usage. Also, I can't make recommendations on what to do if you don't state which Mewtwo you are using, though I once again recommend you refer to an old card in the Black Star Promo 3 card of Mewtwo. Not only is 70 HP a decent spot for even cards today, but the fact that you can use it's attacks while you have Mewtwo LvX out can allow you to Giga Burn and then Energy Absorption 2 of the Energy cards back onto Mewtwo (the opponets will most likely not be attacking allowing you to execute this attack due to the effects of Psybarrier.)

Uxie: Drop it and put in an energy.

Spiritomb: If you get this card out your opponet will lose. Just keep it out and it your opponet doesn't get any trainers, and you get to evolve your pokemon. I didn't mention it before, but you should add some Potions. (I'm not going to go through the trainers.)

Azelf: I'm kinda back and forth on this one. You need the energy, but the ability to look at prize cards will help you with this deck, because, well obviously you'll know whats sitting there. The attack Lock Up isn't that great, so I would use this pokemon only for a benched pokemon and a wall.

Anyways, that's my analasis of this deck, if you want I'll go throught the trainers and tell you what to drop and what to keep. I still recommend you add some energy.

Raikou Trainer

Competitive Pokemon TCG player
    Years
    This list looks pretty solid. If you can, maybe switch a Gengar with the lv. X. Level Down will really help if you run across Dialga G lv. X, especially with Metagross being a big part of your strategy, and is good Power Spray bait. Also, if you can find room for a Relicanth (SV uncommon), that will punish your opponent if they play a lot of Pokemon Tools/Unown G. It also goes great with Metagross, since with two Tools in play, you could OHKO the opponent's Claydols, AND gets around Unown G.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Don't listen to cartercr; he's a n00b. XP

You should take out one Uxie, 'cuz the bench space would like it. XP Well, now that you only have Meta for this, I'm liking Relicanth, like Raikou said. It's too broken with the snipe after some Unown G drops. AR added E-Belt, so \o/

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Okay. Now for the Relicanth.

Remove the 3 Metal Energy (Why?), 2 Night Maintenance, 2 Spiritomb or 2 Rare Candy, and a Uxie for a Palmer's, 1 Relicanth, 1 Fighting Energy, 2 Miasma Valley (Lock versus Gyarados? =O), 1 Metagross LA (Bring up junk and KO it or bring up Claydols and snipe) or Gengar Lv.X, and 2 Unown [G]. Metagross LA is just an idea. IDK if you'd like it. XP Metagross SV makes it easy to avoid Fainting Spell versus BlazeRay, and it's a free prize. Spiritomb would make SP match-ups better for you and gives you automatic set up, pretty much, plus you get Poltergeist abuse lol

Back