• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mew Glitch Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise Master 8

The n00b Hacker
Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2006
    I know it says that MOST of the time the Mew glitch won't mess up your game on most copies of it, but can it? Also, will it mess up G/S/C if I trade it there? Or will it think I got it correctly?

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    ultimate mewmaster said:
    oh...all this time asking qustions....i thought it was the easier one with the truck next to the ss anie....

That's already been disproved as a way to catch Mew. I guess the developers put that truck there not knowing it would spark up all kinds of rumors. :P

Years
  • Antoshi said:
    That's already been disproved as a way to catch Mew. I guess the developers put that truck there not knowing it would spark up all kinds of rumors. :P

where is the truck??? i can't find it on any of my game versions!

and i first was shown the missingno cheat in 2000 i believe, as i was on a coach going to the millenium dome! the first i heard of the mew glitch was last year, but i don't know how old it actually is.

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    freakgirl said:
    where is the truck??? i can't find it on any of my game versions!

and i first was shown the missingno cheat in 2000 i believe, as i was on a coach going to the millenium dome! the first i heard of the mew glitch was last year, but i don't know how old it actually is.

You have to manage to have a Pokemon that has Surf before you board the SS Anne. When you're going down the boardwalk to the SS Anne, after you show the sailor your ticket, surf off the right side of the boardwalk, and down a bit until you come to a piece of land where the truck is parked.

Years
  • Antoshi said:
    You have to manage to have a Pokemon that has Surf before you board the SS Anne. When you're going down the boardwalk to the SS Anne, after you show the sailor your ticket, surf off the right side of the boardwalk, and down a bit until you come to a piece of land where the truck is parked.

but don't you need a badge to use surf? oh no wait i don't think you do... i see! i think i'm gonna try that on my yellow version and trade something with surf to my red. i started again on my yellow so i can get mew!

THIRTY-SIX

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2015
    freakgirl said:
    but don't you need a badge to use surf? oh no wait i don't think you do... i see! i think i'm gonna try that on my yellow version and trade something with surf to my red. i started again on my yellow so i can get mew!
    u need to beat koga in order to use surf outside battle first u goota teach one of pokemon cut then trade over to yellow use it on the tree in the way of lt surge. the only nessesity for the ss anne is to get cut :P

Years
  • Trading Mew over games doesnot do anything to tell you the truth. My friend had a Mew on his game, and nothing happened to him. And he used an AR on his game. It does nothing to the game you trade it over to, although if you do use an AR it could alter the game you originally got Mew on.

Antoshi

Imagination Station
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2023
    Well, I know trading my Mew from Yellow Version to Gold didn't do anything... Then again, mien was an actual Mew from a Nintendo Event. Not sure about hacked ones, but I'm pretty certain it can't mess up your game unless you really screwed it up somehow.

Years
  • Nothing will happen to your game at all if you trade mew.If I were you I wouldn't try the mew glitch but have a friend do it, that way if it does mess up it's their game lol.Mew in no way messes anything up in a trade though.

Kveran

I'm super-effective!
    Years
  • I used the Ditto+Special=21 glitch to get Mew in my Yellow version and traded it to Blue with no ill effects, even after battling several Missingno. and M-block (and catching/subsequently releasing M-block.) Once school's back in session and I can temporarily steal my friend's GameBoy, Mew will travel over to my Silver version. Since glitching for Mew in the color generation is catching a Pokemon previously included in the game, then (almost) completely removed, thereby making Mew semi-supposed to appear in the game, I doubt that it will mess with anyone's game file any more than catching a wild level-seven Pidgey.

C.O.H

Patrick Star
    Years
  • ~Dragonair~That wasn't the real deal why my game freaked out, I traded with a sandy link cable, and my game just messed up, it has nothing to do with Mew, anyways, Mew does not mess up anything, I've had it in Gold, Crystal and Red and nothing happned!

Years
  • This has been answered over and over.Same replies are coming in.If this did not answer the question please start a new one ^^.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back