• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mew lives under the Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ceilidh

<3
Years
  • I'm 99.9999999% this rumour is fake. I think the truck is just decorative.
    Yes it is true Mew is not under the truck! That video on Youtube is most likely a ROM hack made by someone to restore the belief of the rumor! Also all legendaries are genderless except Latios and Latias yet they still cannot breed! Although i do spot people branding every single Pokemon including legendaries Male!
    I just checked that video out, I think somebody just hacked a rom.

Last edited:

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
  • No, it's not under the truck, that was due to data error, and in FR/LG, they added the truck on purpose for fun (or to start speculations again).
    And legends aren't really genderless, but humans cannot identify their gender, well, exept for Mew and Arceus, who are both genderless.

Years
    • Seen May 25, 2016
    Man...The truck is a decoration and it's not a sprite, it's a tile. No flipping Mew lives under the truck, it's just a old rumor. The reason the truck is in Fire Red and Leaf Green today, is because Nintendo wanted the game to be the same. And Missingno, well, let's just say if you got a rom a completely destroyed him, everyone else goes *Boom!*. Certain legendarys can be breed and they are "Rotom" and "Manaphy".

I repeat, Mew is not under no truck. Sneasel the Cutter, your brother would have obatianed his Mew by getting it from the old trick.
    If you want to know how to get to the truck I will tell you here:
    1. The first way you can get there after getting Cut is by letting a trainer beat you on the SS.ANNE, then you will be warped to the last Pokemon Centre you visited. After getting Surf go back to the SS.ANNE and then surf to the right and you will come across the truck and you will find out for yourself there is no Mew.
    2. Get someone to trade you a Pokemon with Cut then once you end up with Surf come back and do the same thing I just mentioned.
    And this is final! There is no Mew under the truck! Understood? Good!

Man that was long, let's not do that again shall we...

Rioku_Zanketa

...::Ultimate Warrior::...
    Years
  • Mew is under the truck! I saw it with my own eyes! I fought and caught it with my lvl. 121 ditto!!!(25% of this is true btw)

gad, I wish I was that ignorant just for this thread XD.

Mew is not under that truck, I checked myself a long time ago. I sat there for an hour bumping around that darn truck looking for some hidden feature or something. I would've sat there longer, but my batteries reached their limit at that point if I remember correctly.

EDIT: on a side note, I wish Kirby was a pokemon.

Ceilidh

<3
    Years
  • How old is this rumour btw?

I actually thought something was up with this truck before I even read any rumour. I had a book walkthrough for pokemon red and blue (I think it was Prima's strategy guide)

and I remember the first time seeing this truck and I always thought there was some way to move it or w/e.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2009
    I know there is in Firered and Leafgreen, all you have to do is use Strength on the truck to push it to one side, and Mew is in beetween two white borders. It really works, I tried it!

Tsuki~

Slightly Insane >:3
    Years
  • Mew is not a she. If you would like to argue that point go for it. All legendaries are genderless. Even if they werent. Just because mew is pink does that make it a girl? What about slowpoke, bor, king? I supposes lickitung is a girl then too. If you want to say that mew is a girl because of its voice then that must mean pichu, teddiursa, and vulpix are all girls. Bottom line Mew isnt a girl.

Hey, buddy, take a chill pill, alright? It's a habit. I always call Articuno a girl. Plus, aren't all pokemon genderless, because in the game they always call them an it. So, before you try and be cool by whipping out some smart comeback, relax. Everyone has a different opinion, and by the way, the whole gender thing has NOTHING to do with the topic.

Anyways, for myself, I would say it is fake, simply because I have never tried it. I should do so soon, though.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • I think they call Pokemon it's because most people call animals its. I don't exactly agree with it; because, I think that's referring to animals as items- when they're not. But, hey, what can you do?

Anyway, the Mew under the truck rumor is almost as old as I am. For realz. There is no Mew under that truck. Believe me. I tried it. The truck is there to take up space. For decoration. There's no Mew there. You can try all day for all I care; you'll be wasting your time, though. xD

Or, I can go the other route and say: There IS a Mew under that truck! I totally caught it after catching a Lv 150 YOSHI!!! XD

mrpokemonchampion

Team Dex, a pokedex team
    Years
  • Mew is not a she. If you would like to argue that point go for it. All legendaries are genderless. Even if they werent. Just because mew is pink does that make it a girl? What about slowpoke, bor, king? I supposes lickitung is a girl then too. If you want to say that mew is a girl because of its voice then that must mean pichu, teddiursa, and vulpix are all girls. Bottom line Mew isnt a girl.

rumour is fake/may not be fake thing, I have read something a long time go that said that way to get mew on R/G/B/Y was nintendo event, and it also said that there are VERY! rare copys of Blues and Reds that had Mew in them.

and
    Mew is a FEMALE (SHEMALE, XD lol) , cause theres notes in R/B/Y that says that mew birthed mewtwo and that mew is the mother of mewtwo XD so take that dude that got pissed off cause the maker of this thread for calling mew a she XD

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
    Years
  • Yeah, I always thought Mew was a female, too.

I assumed that she was like Mother Earth only Mother Pokemon. Mother Earth is always referred to as a female; so, I've always referred to Mew as a female. >>

Johto's Best

Luck > Skill
    Years
  • The truck in R/B/Y is sealed to the ground. If you look, items you can move look detatched, while the truck looks solidly placed into/on the ground.

Point? Mew is not under the truck.

On a side note, how do you get a nintendo event on R/B/Y? Link cable? Seems odd.

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2011
    omg i have tryed this for days on end when i was little XD and never found mew well until i did the gambler /flying trick (i got pissed and tryed to slash it tires with cut :/) (and....a also tryed to jack it with the card key O_O) hahahhaha lol

Years
  • On a side note, how do you get a nintendo event on R/B/Y? Link cable? Seems odd.

No it's an actual event Nintendo puts on, normally at a mall or toys r us. You can battle other people, and win stuff. And they also hand out legendaries through events. For a long time that was the only way you could get Mew or Celebi, until glitches were discovered.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2009
    That's just a rumour. It's a hoax. The truck was probably put there because it was supposed to be a place for an event but it didn't push through and they forgot to get the truck out of there.

pkmnhippy

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Sep 9, 2011
    No, the truck is a STORAGE TRUCK USED TO LOAD CARGO ONTO A SHIP.

How come no one knows that?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2009
    lies there is no mew under the truck the only method to get it is the glitch ! yknow the glitch with the gambler so i say NO MEW UNDER THE TRUCK

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back