• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mew lives under the Truck

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Maybe it was going to be used by Team Rocket for some evil and devious plan (that was definitely going to fail...) involving Mew except they never got around to it after you beat up Giovanni.

Just an idea.

:)

quillmagma

powercrazed trainer
    Years
    the only way to Catch Mew

Step 1: Preparing to Catch Mew
    Mew lives under the Truck

This code is for Red, Blue, or Yellow
    Don't battle this trainer at Route 8
    Don't battle this trainer at Route 25​

First of all, Nintendo didn't make this intentionally so that people can get Mew. This is a code, or otherwise a glitch in the game. The only true method of getting Mew is getting Mew directly from Nintendo, from their promotions. However, GameShark (a cheating device) may be used to get Mew (warning: GameShark may cause problems to games). And of course, this code/glitch can be used to get Mew. This method has been proven safe by many. Nevetheless, using any code/cheat/glitch should be used with caution, you are taking a risk of causing a glitch that you may not like to have. Use at your own risk.

Now on to preparing to get Mew...

For this code to work, there's some important things that needs to be followed. If you already finished the game, chances are, there are things you did that will cause this not to work. So most likely, if you finished the game already, this cheat won't work. And you'll see why in the below preparations in order for this to work.

Make sure you follow these instructions carefully. This code works for Red, Blue, and Yellow versions. Do NOT battle the trainer at Route 8 and Route 25. If you do, the code will not work. You need to play the game from the start till the point where you get HM02 Fly from Celadon City. At that point, you can do this code. Also, make sure you have a Pokemon that knows fly with you while doing this code.

Step 2: At Route 8

At Route 8, stand in front of the door
    Get to the menu before being seen!​

Go to Route 8, and stand in front of the door in the building shown above. Be careful, to move so that the trainer near the house can't see you. This would be a good time to save your game, because you can't save the game until you got your Mew, and you may mistakes, so this will leave you at a good point to start over.

When you take a step down, that trainer will see you. However, when you are taking that step down, quickly press start. If you did it right, then the menu should pop up first before the trainer can see you. If you didn't get it right, then you'll have to start over. Because you can't battle this trainer. Battling this trainer will ruin the code.

Fly to Cerulean City
    The trainer will see you when you Fly...
    But it will be too late, off you go!

Now go to the Pokemon menu, and using the Pokemon that knows fly, fly to Cerulean City. The trainer will see you. But don't worry, it's normal. You will fly off to Cerulean City before that trainer can even battle you.

Step 3: Cerulean City

At Cerulean City
    The Nugget Bridge​

Now you're at Cerulean City, and go across the Nugget Bridge north of the city.

Find this trainer east of Nugget Bridge
    You need to defeat this trainer
    After the battle, go to Lavender Town​

After going up the Nugget Bridge, go east towards Bill's House. You won't actually go to Bill's House, but along the way, you need to find the trainer seen above. This is very important: You have to make the trainer walk up to you. So don't go in front of the trainer, it will cause your game to freeze. Walk above the trainer, so that he has to walk over to get to you. Once he walks over, and meets you, then you'll have a battle, and you have to win. It shouldn't be a problem, the only Pokemon he has is a Slowpoke at level 17. After you won the battle, fly to Lavender Town.

Step 4: Lavender Town
    At Lavender TownHead towards this pathHere it is! Mew!​

Ok, you're almost there. At Lavender Town, go to the path seen above. Take one step towards a path, and the menu will automatically pop up. Exit the menu and you will immediately encounter Mew. Mew is only at level 7, and only knows Pound. So it shouldn't be hard to capture.

sorry for the mixed up picture i hope you can solve the puzzle :D

The Red Chain

Mew is a FEMALE (SHEMALE, XD lol) , cause theres notes in R/B/Y that says that mew birthed mewtwo and that mew is the mother of mewtwo XD so take that dude that got pissed off cause the maker of this thread for calling mew a she XD

Mew is not a she, it's genderless.
    In every single game Mew is always referred to as 'it' in the Pokedex entry.
    Never once have I heard it referred to as a she..
    Mother is used because males can't 'give birth' correct?
    Giving birth in Mew's case means it's DNA was used to create another life form, Mewtwo.

Edit ; On topic, no, Mew isn't under the truck. You can only get it through the glitch above my post.

Last edited:

Neutrino

The Jelly-Stuff of legend...
    Years
    https://www.psypokes.com/rby/mew.php

Thsi is the way to get mew, it works, i did it myself, and i trained it to level 32 from level 7, but i accidentally dropped the game and it corrupted. you need a pokemon with fly to get it, so the earliest in the game you can get it is when you get to celadon city

Maybe it was going to be used by Team Rocket for some evil and devious plan (that was definitely going to fail...) involving Mew except they never got around to it after you beat up Giovanni.

Just an idea.

:)

Yes, but the problem still remains, if it was, they would have programmed the game so it went away

Last edited:

Harry Blue5

I vill suck your Electricity..
    Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2011
    From the Mew glitch (not the truck) and trained it to level 60-something using another glitch with level 80 'Ms. Hee hee. Loads of free exp.

Years
    Yep the way quillmagma explained works. I have a level 68 Mew in my red version by using that glitch. Well, my friend used the glitch and traded the Mew over to me, because I was already too far in the game to do it myself.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Thsi is the way to get mew, it works, i did it myself, and i trained it to level 32 from level 7, but i accidentally dropped the game and it corrupted. you need a pokemon with fly to get it, so the earliest in the game you can get it is when you get to celadon city

Nope, you can get a Mew by the time you reach Cerulean City. I'd post the link to the YouTube vid but alas, I cannot for I am a n00b and cannot post links.

In short, it's exactly the same technique as is used in the version you've described, only instead of fly you use an Abra to teleport and instead of battling the Gambler, you battle the trainer that's in the patch of grass on Route 24 (Just left of Nugget Bridge). Catch the Abra, scroll down so the trainer sees you and teleport back to Cerulean, fight the Slowpoke, teleport back to Cerulean and then head north to Nugget Bridge once more. At about the same place you battled your rival, the menu will pop up. Press B and you'll find yourself battling a level 7 Mew.

For slightly more detailed instructions just search "Catch Mew Red Blue" into YouTube, it's one of the first vids on the list iirc.

And that's it, a Mew before you've got your 2nd gym badge (Or even your first if you've skipped Brock)!

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    Mew is not a she, it's genderless.
    In every single game Mew is always referred to as 'it' in the Pokedex entry.
    Never once have I heard it referred to as a she..
    Mother is used because males can't 'give birth' correct?
    Giving birth in Mew's case means it's DNA was used to create another life form, Mewtwo.

Edit ; On topic, no, Mew isn't under the truck. You can only get it through the glitch above my post.
    Who cares if someone calls Mew a she, some people assign genders to the genderless, usually in a feminine way. Besides, I call my Mew a she, my Mewtwo a he, and my Darkrai a he. Its like this, every living thing in the real world has a gender, so people tend to assign other things genders. It isn't a big deal so settle down. Honestly, who cares if someone wants to assign a gender to genderless Pokemon!

Wolfwhispers

Trainers for Life
    Years
    This is actually indeed true, but only for the old red and blue games. Its a glitch, much like with Missingno. I don't know how you do it, but I have read an actual article about the glitch when they described the history of the pokemon games.

Years
    Talking about that truck in SS.Anne, there are a pair of keys in Celedon Game Corner,..I wonder if it has any connections with the truck in S.S.Anne...

Never heard of that one, are they hidden somewhere?

OMG guys you take the keys, start the truck and move it, and Mew is underneath the truck!

That's why no one could get it before! You don't use strength on it you use the keys!

Guys omg lets all start new internet rumours omg!

Lord_Sesshoumaru

Not interested.
    Years
    how do you even get to the freaking truck i never saw it

You just need surf....
    go into the SS.Anne port(After you pass the guard), face right and use surf....

you may think that you cannot get surf before the SS.Anne but if you have a friend that knows cut, you may trade for it so that you don't have to get cut from the captain and say bye-bye to the ship...After you get surf from the Safari Zone, go back to the port and do what I said earlier...!

Do you mean they're actually an item you can get, or are they just in the code?

I couldn't get the keys at first but I heard a rumor that if you get the diploma(getting all 150 pokemon) from the Celedon Mansion, you can push the truck in SS Anne...!

Last edited:

Syrex

[b][i][COLOR=black][font=Rock Salt][glow=green]Hen
    Years
    I heard of this too, and I actually went through with the 365 battles with the elite four. In the end, I wasted so much time =/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back