• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Mew Trick Rendered me a Gary

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2011
    Ok, I was trying to do the Mew Trick, but I saved in between, and somehow when i wont back to the route, i began to battle Gary. Is there something wrong with my game? He gave me like 15,000 bucks though, so that was a plus.

Hyster-ia

Hyster-ia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2006
    No, there's nothing wrong with your game. The Mew trick always gives this kind of weird things.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    The samething with the Missing NO. trick. But there is another way to get it. 1st get a Pokemon that has cut from a different game. Then you have to go through the game without having cut to get strengh and surf. Once you get those go back to Vermillion city and dont talk to the guy just surf dow. When you see a truck use strengh and when you go inside Mew will be there. Thats all I remember.

:t003:Dark Venusaur:t003:

Ketchup as a Vegetable

All your muffin belong to me!!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Dark Venusaur said:
    But there is another way to get it. 1st get a Pokemon that has cut from a different game. Then you have to go through the game without having cut to get strengh and surf. Once you get those go back to Vermillion city and dont talk to the guy just surf dow. When you see a truck use strengh and when you go inside Mew will be there. Thats all I remember.
    Thst's not a real cheat. It's been proven wrong multible times. I've tried it too.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Ketchup as a Vegetable said:
    Thst's not a real cheat. It's been proven wrong multible times. I've tried it too.
    well I didn't know. I got it from a certain website but I know the real code of finding mew near Lavender town is real because I tried it and I susseced but I dont remember how to do it.

Hyster-ia

Hyster-ia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2006
    Once again; that stupid truck is there for no stupid reason, which mean only stupid minded people are still trying to make something out of it.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Hyster-ia said:
    Once again; that stupid truck is there for no stupid reason, which mean only stupid minded people are still trying to make something out of it.
    I know you are not calling me STUPID MINED YOUR THE ONE. Anyways it has to have a reason to be there. But certain websites are just giving bad information of that rumor. So please dont call people that if they are getting information from websites.

Hyster-ia

Hyster-ia
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2006
    Nobody is stupid minded, since everybody knows that truck doesn't do a **** thing. What you say is true, that much websites give bad information..

It@chi Bl@st

Lone Trainer
    Years
    There was a trick about that truck... It was "when you collected all the pokemon, go to the ship and surf east... When you reach at the truck, use your Machamp and use Strengh... Once the truck is pushed out of the way, there's a hole... Jump there and you'll be in Johto." Is that a TRICK!? That is the most STUPID cheat i ever heard... DO NOT BELIEVE IN THOSE TRICKS ABOUT THE TRUCK, they may decieve you and you'll be stupid and crazy like them who created these stupid cheats...

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Dark Venusaur said:
    I know you are not calling me STUPID MINED YOUR THE ONE. Anyways it has to have a reason to be there. But certain websites are just giving bad information of that rumor. So please dont call people that if they are getting information from websites.

The truck does not have a reason -_- It's just an easter egg and easter eggs never have a purpose -.-

Anyway... back on topic:
    No, I don't think there's anything wrong with your game, it's not anything unusual for the R/B/Y games to glitch up.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    It@chi Bl@st said:
    There was a trick about that truck... It was "when you collected all the pokemon, go to the ship and surf east... When you reach at the truck, use your Machamp and use Strengh... Once the truck is pushed out of the way, there's a hole... Jump there and you'll be in Johto." Is that a TRICK!? That is the most STUPID cheat i ever heard... DO NOT BELIEVE IN THOSE TRICKS ABOUT THE TRUCK, they may decieve you and you'll be stupid and crazy like them who created these stupid cheats...
    It say something like that but when you use Strengh with any Pokemon there will be a Mew in there. I do have pics of that cheat, but I got them on some gaming website which I can't remember now.

:t003:Dark Venusaur

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2006
    Is the only legit way of getting mew from Pokemon Stadium by beating the Elite Four the second time around? Thats what Ive heard.

I remember having mew a long time ago when I used gameshark but I got carried away with those codes and I accidently deleted my game, threw the gameshark against my wall breaking it to pieces and swore to my self to never use cheats again.

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    It say something like that but when you use Strengh with any Pokemon there will be a Mew in there. I do have pics of that cheat, but I got them on some gaming website which I can't remember now.
    The screenshots are fake, because:

- I used a hacking tool to check out the map on my Pokémon blue ROM some time ago and the truck didn't have any such event -.-
    - It's an easter egg
    - And, R/B/Y screenshots are very easy to fake

I have also tried that cheat and it turned out to be false.
    Is the only legit way of getting mew from Pokemon Stadium by beating the Elite Four the second time around? Thats what Ive heard.

I remember having mew a long time ago when I used gameshark but I got carried away with those codes and I accidently deleted my game, threw the gameshark against my wall breaking it to pieces and swore to my self to never use cheats again.
    Well... if you don't mind using glitches you could just send me a pm and I'll give you the details on how to get Mew ~_^

Buffalo State College
    Years
    Smarties-kun said:
    The screenshots are fake, because:

- I used a hacking tool to check out the map on my Pokémon blue ROM some time ago and the truck didn't have any such event -.-
    - It's an easter egg
    - And, R/B/Y screenshots are very easy to fake

Oh yeah thats true due to bad graphics. I know its an easter egg. I just also found on another website that you can find Mew there BUT you have to have to use a Game shark to find it there. thats probably the only truth.

It@chi Bl@st

Lone Trainer
    Years
    forest said:

Well, that's bad when you waste your time on those gameshark but you did good on wrecking your useless gameshark

seanmorely

Self-proclaimed sexiest member
    Years
    Small remark I want to make on the so called Mew trick.
    I have heard and seen bad stuff happen to the people who traded a tricked Mew, as it totally glitched a destroyed their game.

So, I come to the conclusion that it's just another form of MissingNo. I could be wrong on this, but it's a possibility.
    So if you have a tricked Mew, don't trade it to some friend, so that they can get the pokedex entry ...

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Sep 15, 2008
    Mew is catcheble through yellow. i followed this site and i got it lvl 7 but its tuff.

Buffalo State College
    Years
    seanmorely said:
    Small remark I want to make on the so called Mew trick.
    I have heard and seen bad stuff happen to the people who traded a tricked Mew, as it totally glitched a destroyed their game.

So, I come to the conclusion that it's just another form of MissingNo. I could be wrong on this, but it's a possibility.
    So if you have a tricked Mew, don't trade it to some friend, so that they can get the pokedex entry ...
    It crashed my friends game when i tried to trade him the Mew. When he came out his game just crashed. But thank god he didn't lose any data from this. But Mew was all glichty like.

Back