• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo against...Giratina?

Years
    I know that will never happen, since the Arcues movie is the last Gen 4 movie, but i just had a thought. Why is it in every single movie, Pokemon from the same Gen are always fighting. What I would like to see is different Gen pokes clashing against each other in a new Pokemon movie. Especially Mewtwo. I would love another return of Mewtwo! I can just picture, the new Gen 5 legendaries are obviously fighting, using overused material like the past couple Gens, but then, the disrupt the calm Mewtwo, who is risding in that rock (i hope i am getting this right, i havnt watched that movie in years) then. Mewtwo lets all his hiddne anger out he has conceled for years, and the big, probably dragon dudes clash agiabst mewtwo, who is levitating and shadow balling and all that crazy awesome stuff. And then Mewtwo accidenally gets out of control and kills ash, and then his anger stops, and he defeats the legendaries for ash. Thho in the end, Mewtwo turns out to sacrifce himself to bring Ash back to life. You know, all the cliche Pokemon stuff! So what do you think?

*Charizard*

Velocity
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2012
    Mewtwo would smash Giratina. (I believe that the original legendarys are the strongest)

Mew: The DNA of all Pokemon.
    mewtwo: Clone of Mew

Empty Pot

a new beginning...
    Years
    I would have to say Mewtwo, that is, if it is Giratina Modern Forme. If it was Origin Form, Mewtwo would be smashed.

Years
    heh...guys? why are you saying that! im not even asking that question. thats the just the title, to allure ppl in. im asking about your opinions about if in the next movie old against new would work. Not specifically Mewtwo vs. Giratina! o.O READ PPL!

Feign

Clain
    Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    heh...guys? why are you saying that! im not even asking that question. thats the just the title, to allure ppl in. im asking about your opinions about if in the next movie old against new would work. Not specifically Mewtwo vs. Giratina! o.O READ PPL!

I think your plan backfired XD

Needless to say, aside from small non-legendary skirmishes, I can't see a cross gen legendary fight happening.

You've got to remember, this show is for kids, so they'll show the most up to date version of the newest pokemon, and have them battling to appease the supposed young crowd.

It's kind of the same reason why we see that Ash has barely matured, or for that matter, the anime in itself hasn't really changed.

As for the actual Giritina Vs. Mewtwo fight, I can't be sure, we've seen Mewtwo do some pretty intense stuff, but would it be strong enough against Giratina?

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
    I know that will never happen, since the Arcues movie is the last Gen 4 movie, but i just had a thought.

Where do you get your false information from? There's going to be another movie by the way.

Why is it in every single movie, Pokemon from the same Gen are always fighting.

To advertise.

What I would like to see is different Gen pokes clashing against each other in a new Pokemon movie. Especially Mewtwo. I would love another return of Mewtwo! I can just picture, the new Gen 5 legendaries are obviously fighting, using overused material like the past couple Gens, but then, the disrupt the calm Mewtwo, who is risding in that rock (i hope i am getting this right, i havnt watched that movie in years) then. Mewtwo lets all his hiddne anger out he has conceled for years, and the big, probably dragon dudes clash agiabst mewtwo, who is levitating and shadow balling and all that crazy awesome stuff. And then Mewtwo accidenally gets out of control

This is turning out bad so far.

and kills ash,

Again?

and then his anger stops, and he defeats the legendaries for ash.

Not for himself?

Thho in the end, Mewtwo turns out to sacrifce himself to bring Ash back to life.

what is this i don't even

You know, all the cliche Pokemon stuff! So what do you think?

Well, Lugia fought Zapdos, Articuno, and Moltres in Movie 2 so that counts as "Cross Generation battling". I don't really know what you're getting at here but I think any movie with legendary Pokémon fighting is a good idea.

Silver_Hell

Ocean wave...
    Years
    I also really want to see a collapsing battle between different generation legendaries, that would be epic. And I really miss Mewtwo and Mew, they seem most powerful to me but idk. The idea of Arceus looks promising I hope the 12-th movie will be good.
    I personally think the Pokemon anime deserves one last uniqie series without new generation and there would be something more epic in it, like last series of the anime, and returning of character like Misty, Tracy, Mey, Max and some other secondary characters like Richie, Gary, etc would make great work on it. But no new pokemon that would took the anime too far away...
    And in a movie on a series like that it should be possible to see a lot of legendaries and their mysteries, and especially the mistery about life, about Mew and Mewtwo can be back, cause the first movie didn't explain completely everything. So battle between different gens will be great to see in a movie like that.
    But all that money making of Pokemon ruins everything...

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    I'm sure Giratina would win against Mewtwo, but the fight would probably be pretty cool.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2013
    I would squash that thing like a bug

Somehow I doubt that inter-generation Super Epic Sky-High Battles would ever happen in canon. My reasoning for this: making these anime episodes and movies cost a lot of money and time on their part, and it seems to me that the Pokémon animators, directors, crew in general, etc. would be more interested in sticking the new Pokémon on a pedestal and give them all the epic battles so that they can make the most of their time and money.

And fulfilling the wishes of nostalgic fans for a couple of hours probably isn't going to do that too well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Hmm... I like this idea!
    Seriously, I don't see why Pokemon from two different generation can not clash against each other.
    But then again, we have at least seen Legendary Pokemon from different generation appear together - like Mew and the Regi trio in Lucario and the Mystery of Mew.

The rest of the idea for the movie that you gave wasn't that good though...

Mewtwo would smash Giratina. (I believe that the original legendarys are the strongest)

Mew: The DNA of all Pokemon.
    mewtwo: Clone of Mew

I would have to say Mewtwo, that is, if it is Giratina Modern Forme. If it was Origin Form, Mewtwo would be smashed.

I know this part has nothing to do with this topic, but you do realize that Giratina is part Ghost type, and so is generally at an advantage?
    Even by normal level up moves, Giratina can easily knock out Mewtwo using Ominous Wind and Heal Block, and using moves with STAB effects as it is full of it like Shadow Ball, while just by level up moves, Mewtwo doesn't have any move that is Giratina's weakness.
    And in the anime, you can't expect them to use anything else other than level up moves, like Mewtwo using Ice beam, do you?
    Added with the fact that Giratina is giant compared to Mewtwo is another easy win for Giratina.
    So Giratina would easily win without breaking a sweat. But then again, its a movie, and in movies they put away the weakness strength factors...

But lets think about it, at least Mewtwo has no reason to ever make a return...

Years
    Sounds like a good idea. Mewtwo was always the best, obviously most people would've been a Mewtwo fan after the 1st movie, but I really started liking him after the Mewtwo Returns special, putting himself on the line for all of his clone friends. Showed he had a heart bigger then that of any normal Pokemon, and I'm pretty certain he'd handle Giratina. His physic powers were just so destructive and strong, if it were Arceus different story, but I dont think Giratina could defeat him.

Honestly, if there's a 14th movie, it should just tie in all Legendaries and all the legends of Pokemon and end it with a bang. (Literally! :P)

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Well, Going by what was said about Mewtwo in the first movie (he was designed to be the strongest Pokemon in existance, and canonically, they would have known about most of the other Pokemon in existance [Ash, before he even turned 10, watched a "red" movie with a Teddiursa in it, despite it technically not existing until after he goes to Johto. Plus we also have the whole "James encountered and even owned some next Gen pokemon.].), he'd definitely mop the floor with Giratina, both formes.

Arceus might give Mewtwo a bit of a challenge, but I don't think he'll ultimately be able to overpower Mewtwo in any way.

For a Power Comparison, in "Mewtwo Returns", Mewtwo was easily able to overpower two machines designed to try and trap pokemon in a forcefield. In fact, the only time he didn't even attempt to resist the machines was when Giovanni threatened Mewtwo's friends.

In Movie 13, on the other hand, Arceus was easily defeated by a mortal brainwashed by another brainwashed pokemon in control of another mortal, and they didn't even need some sort of machine to mortally wound it (I know it was missing five of it's plates, but come on, that's still very weak even by that standard.). Going by those facts, it's a bit obvious who is stronger.

Back