• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo Speed Drawing

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Charmeleon Speed drawing

Hey there pokefans! I recently uploaded a speed drawing video and was wondering if I could get some feedback. Any feedback is welcomed!

https://youtu.be/AR7WJCeR3jY

charmeleon_by_franbren-d9zrqs6.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Kinda broke my heart when I clicked on this Link. I like the body. The arms are meh, Mewtwo neck is like a stick ( as far as I could remember ) and the head was a more softer but this makes me think about the orginal R/B/G/Y Metwo

The thing about these "speed drawings" is that they are really meant to be called "time lapse" anybody in a real world working environment doing this would never be able to make any real material. So do not be fooled by the term.

Three hours is usually the standard time for all works. To flesh it out in pencil, then to ink it ( if you choose to ) and then apply color. However you can also do the color first and then ink it afterwards. Even so you can even do a variety of things.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Mega Gengar Speed Drawing

https://youtu.be/TSqReiaqvwA
    The drawing took about 3 hours to complete. Copic markers were used to color it in, overall I really like how this piece came out, it suits a spooky ghost Pokemon like Mega Gengar. I was trying to go for a darker tone with this Pokemon drawing. Let me know what you guys and gals think any feedback is welcomed!

untitled_by_franbren-da1vqzc.jpg

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
  • Hey! That's some decent shading, the colours/tone definitely suit a Ghost-type. However, I suggest you work on the linework, as it gets a bit rough here, and is really noticeable considering Pokémon designs are usually rather smooth and round. On that note, I'd probably expand Mega Gengar out a bit, as it looks a bit squished at the moment. However, that's still a good effort!

Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2016
    Look. Because people use the computer they feel they are great artist, but is not the case.

Due the "Timelapses" AkA speed drawnings even a person who illustrates on paper looks like they are actually accomplishing somethng in a small amount of time but is really a recording that could last 3-6 hours.

This creates a problem when people works on one figures/objects with lack of detail and they call it a "speed drawing"

Years
  • There was actually a time when "speed paints" were actually fast drawing/painting, but honestly the specific vernacular changing isn't something to get upset about. The video has no real bearing on the end artwork that he's posted here, it's just a way to show his process in a short amount of time.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2016
    these are really nice but you should look up for more references because some things are really off

Back