• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mewtwo vs Darkrai?

Darkrai or Mewtwo?

• Mewtwo

Votes: 32 54.2%
  • Darkrai

Votes: 27 45.8%

• Total voters
Years
  • Seen Jun 17, 2009
If we're talking about the show, I'd have to go with Mewtwo, hands down. If we're talking about the game, it'd depend really. If Darkrai went for say Dark Void and missed, Mewtwo could possibly own it with Focus Blast. It's pretty much a toss up in the game, but I'm sticking to Mewtwo.

SytheXP

Net Labs/UG Founder
Years
I want to Know about the starly vs arceus thing as well. Also my vote goes to Darkrai.

1. Hes beastly awesome
2. Mewtwos psychic atks are useless and has few other cards in his hands (maybe metronome or focus blast)
3. Darkvoid+Nightmare+Dreameater=OWNT
4. Or darkrai could use Shadowball/darkpulse

They are both powerful but what used to be powerfull hardly compares to power now. I remember when Alakazam used to own everything and now its easy to dispatch.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 15, 2009
It's a tough call.

Darkrai is a Dark Type.

Well, just remember Psychic moves are ineffective against Dark types. Mewtwo can learn some fighting moves right? Well, if you pit DarkRai with a moveset of Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Ominous Wind and Focus Punch, ( I made up this moveset so don't intend on using it.) Against Mewtwo with a moveset of Aura Sphere, Psychic, Psycho Cut and another move. ( Again, made this up. Don't use it if you really want to.)

Being, Mewtwo is a Psychic. And it's super effective against Bug, Dark, and Ghost. While Darkrai is super effective against Bug and Fighting.

Darkrai would win, unless if Mewtwo hits it with Aura Sphere.

This might not be an accurate explaination but it's from what I know.

KnilShadowLink

#1 Arcanine Fanboy
Years
This is a tough one...Darkrai is one of the few (If not the only) 4th Generation Legendary I actually like...but Mewtwo is one of the original 151 so in terms of liking one of the two I'd take Mewtwo, but in game Darkrai would have a much easier time defeting Mewtwo (I'm not saying a Mewtwo couldn't beat a Darkrai, I'm just saying it would be difficult)

Years
  • Seen Oct 13, 2009
Except Electric-type attacks don't work on Ground-types.

What if your Pikachu knows the move Surf?

Andcetera said:
Darkrai,obviously
Psychic types are weak to dark , unless the mewtwo here has fighting type moves >_>

In today's world of Pokémon, a Pokémon's type isn't just the match decider. Their move set and ability play a big part.

Twilight Sky said:
How much could mewtwo even do with a bug type move? Signal Beam? I doubt that's ever going to OHKO Darkrai, especially since no STAB is gained from it whatsoever.

Although the Signal Beam's attack power is 75, there's a 10% chance it can confuse the opponent. But you wouldn't want to rely on that alone.

Resource(s):
Bulbapedia /Pikachu_(Pokémon)
Bulbapedia /Mewtwo_(Pokémon)
Bulbapedia /Signal_Beam_(move)

(Can't post links due to post count.)

Last edited:

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Mewtwo is just barely faster than Darkrai.

a starly with focus sash arcues attacks it starly uses endeavor, then starly uses quick attack

This is actually not true since Arceus has Extremespeed.
1. Arceus uses Extremespeed and Starly is left at 1HP.
2. Starly uses Endeavor and leaves Arceus at 1HP.
3. Arceus uses Extremespeed and BEATS Starly's Quick Attack to the draw.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Mewtwo ofcourse. Id much rather see Mewtwo face off against Arceus though.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
  • Age 92
  • Seen Mar 23, 2023
Mewtwo is just barely faster than Darkrai.

Regardless, he's still faster. I've just done some damage calcs, and mewtwo with a neutral nature and 0 SpAtt EVs will do a minimum of 74% to darkrai with aura sphere. Strap on a life orb and he does a minimum of 97%, a OHKO if darkrai experiences any level of entry hazard or weather damage at all. Of course that would never happen, as mewtwo will be almost always be found running max SpAtt and will KO darkrai several times over. Mewtwo's defences are also better than darkrais, and is able to switch in on a 252SpAtt@Timid spacial rend and in the best case scenario (For mewtwo, not darkrai), not even be 3HKO'd. From here does what we started discussing- outspeed and screw over with aura sphere.

Alec_

Years
Darkrai would really win this match. Because of the ability. It depends on how much they're power can do. the speed. the hp. and the strength. Also it depends on the luck :3.

~Fairytales.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Mewtwo can learn a variety of moves and has a higher Sp. Attack, Darkrai has the Speed and craftiness. I don't know who will win...

©ereal Killer

Illusions or Real Illusions ♥
Years
  • Seen Jul 4, 2011
Darkrai baby!! Its dark type and dark type owns! Well to me it does...

Dark void + dark pulse = *sigh* awesomeness

Back