• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Michael Jackson

R a c h e l

Formerly Sapphiress
Years
  • I'm devastated that he's gone. There are so few artists today that weren't influenced by him in some way, and he's more than revolutionized music. Heal the World is so beautful, and Beat it is so damn funky. Thriller is still one of the best music videos to date, and the moonwalk (even though I'm aware that it was actually Bill Bailey or Marcel Marceau that invented it) came to fame because of him.

What's nice, in a way, about when musicians and actors die, is that their spirit can live on so easily. Jermaine Jackson himself said that Michael's body was just a "shell" for his spirit, and as long as people keep playing and enjoying his music, his spirit isn't going to die.

My friends and family seem divided. Half are playing his music non stop, half are sick of it and brand him a paedophile. I truly believe that he did nothing wrong - he was still a kid thanks to never really being able to have a childhood. He had Neverland built to live his childhood through others, not to lure in children. I respect peoples opinions on this as it's largely the fault of the media that he has a bad reputation, but I still think it's severly unjustified.

He was a sweet man, but regardless of his personality he was famous for his music - and his music is indisputably excellent. From the Jackson Five to his History album, there's nothing and no one like him, and I doubt there ever will be again.

Rest in peace Michael Jackson
    1958 - 2009

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I truly loved him. He was my idol...I grew up listening to his music! He didn't do anything wrong! It was the media that twist everything and made him to become the bad guy. Which in truth he wasn't! And the haters that bring him down and used him. I bet now these people are feeling really guilty! I spit on people like that. They don't deserve sympathy. He had a heart of gold. He truly loved everyone he came across. Yeah he really didn't have a childhood because he had to perform and stuff. So he re-lived it when he got older. While people thought that was weird of him do that, I understood of what he been through. I just wish people realized that he was alone and he needed friends. Not enemies. And I didn't care about his controversy(Didn't let it bother me because it was only the media twisting everything). I loved him because of his music and kind heart. Anyway, he is in a better place now. I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER MJ. HE IS THE KING OF POP! He will always will be. Thanks for making this blog post. <3

Back