• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Minecraft mobs as 64x64 sprites

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
Years
  • [FONT=&quot]Making every Minecraft mob a (hack-compatible) 64x64 sprite out of boredom[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I've been pursuing the idea of making a Pokéminecraft hack thing lately, and step one was spriting. It ended up way better than I was expecting, but these are the two things that still annoy me:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]BACKSPRITES. I can never get the proportions right. Sometimes they end up looking way too blobby, sometimes they mess up perspective, sometimes they end up in the wrong direction. Curse you, backsprites!![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Outlining. I'm great (well... to me anyway) at making blobs but doing a coherent shape is hard. If it's tilted I might as well just give up.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Now that the self-deprecating is out of the way, have some sprites! This is a work in progress to be updated whenever, and yeah.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Sure you can use these! Just contact me first. Although I have no idea why you'd want them.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
    2u6mefd.jpg
    [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Creepegg[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]FUN FACT NOTES:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]This is one of the fake-r sprites I made to fill in evolution slots, because a game filled with standalones would be boring.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]It was my first attempt at spriting, and has a pallete that's too dark compared to its evolution. I used GIMP's noise tool for the texturing. It turns out that doing this makes a unholy mess of the pallete, and its shiny version looks like Missingno.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]I think he's cute though :) his backsprite is lost to the land of using-unlz-and-irfanview-and-paint-and-layers-instead-of-APSE forever, though.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    6xzzeo.jpg

Creeper
    FUN FACT NOTES:[/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]The creeper is the famous one that everyone likes. I think I captured its likeness pretty well, except for the toe regions. What's up with those?![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]I had plans for Creepegg to evolve into Creeper normally by leveling up, but if you used a Thunderstone it would instead evolve into a charged creeper. How do I fit that into 10 characters? I've got no idea. (Shokreeper? Creepvolt? Creepshock?)[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]I really hope that I get a shiny one of these. So much blue :knockedou[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]It has one of the few backsprites I'm not ashamed of. (The ones I am ashamed of remain unpublished, actually.)[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    n65cth.jpg
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Minislimes

• [FONT=&quot]For the evolution tree of slimes, I thought I'd have them start off as a cluster of little slimes, and they'd eventually evolve into a single big slime. It looks like Exeggcute but that's the way it is I guess v:)v[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]The backsprite was terrible to make. The tilted eyes just didn't work out for me. At least the backwards-facing slime is cute :3[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]For the slime family, I was considering Poison/Ground typing. I know this technically isn't the place for such discussion but hey, fun facts![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    334njpy.jpg
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Multislime

• [FONT=&quot]Once again, the 10-character limit and need for evolutions runs me into trouble. I didn't want to make every mob a half-hatched egg, though, because that would be really boring.[/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]Why is the little slime so narrow in the backsprite? Aargh![/FONT]
    • [FONT=&quot]While coming up with names for the slime family, half of the ones I thought of were already taken (or were sort of like the ones taken) by the Solosis family. Duoslime? No! Aaargh! They even look similar!![/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]That's it for now v:)v[/FONT]

Last edited:
    Years
  • They look very rushed, to be honest. Especially the patterns on the Creeper. Take time with your work. And the outlining isn't bad at all.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2012
    I like them, you do need a bit more practice but nothing stands out as terrible to me.

GoombaGeek

what does this box do
    Years
  • The Creepegg has a lot of straight lines, unlike the Creeper. But i like how you did the backsprites of the Multislime ;)
    Yeah, back in the outlining phase I was undecided on how organic to make the shapes, so Creepegg is quite blocky. Everything else should end up fairly non-cubic, though, except possibly the zombie (I can't sprite people-shaped things at all).

Years
    • Seen Jul 9, 2012
    as logiedan said, the patterns on the creepers looks very rushed, try taking your time for a much better end result

Back