• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Missing Or New Elements?

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
Years
  • Do you think there should be more or are they missing an element? Why do you think this is occuring? I think that they lost the "cosmic" element.Explain Your Answers.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • ... do we need to imbalance the types even more now... though grass won't mind a little buff...

Phantom Angel

aka Dark Heaven
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen May 30, 2004
    hmm.....new type...
    Meteor
    Concrete
    Holy
    Wind
    And many more that I forget...

Groudon

Owner:F.S. (Spike Razzor)
    Years
  • Kurokoneko said:
    hmm.....new type...
    Meteor = Rock Ice Or Steel
    Concrete = Rock
    Holy = Normal
    Wind = Flying
    And many more that I forget...

Elements are speacial you don't just make the up from you imagination. Cosmic types are a simple rumor they don't set in with natures elements, here is the list.

[ ]-True element [ ]-Can be found on earth

[x][x]Fire
    [x][x]Grass
    [x][x]Water
    [x][x]Ice
    [x][x]Rock
    [x][x]Ground
    [x][x]Electric
    [x][x]Steel
    [ ][ ]Dark
    [ ][ ]Psychic
    [ ][ ]Fighting
    [ ][ ]Normal
    [ ][ ]Dragon
    [ ][x]Bug
    [ ][ ]Flying
    [ ][x]Posion
    [ ][?]Ghost]

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • the belief of prophecy, star navigation or power from outerspace are pretty much still based on the psychic line... not really necessary

if you look at the japanese version, flying type is called "wind type" there.

Concrete- a mix of steel (metals) and rocks... nothing too new. Plus exactly what is made of concrete except walls and roads? Rather hard to make a pokemon out of...

Holy- an element that actually makes sense, but then Pokemon will get into the religion war once again (even though i'm a Christian myself, i see nothing wrong with Pokemon at all, same goes for Harry Potter or the use of magic in games). Plus the suggestion of "dark" doesn't point out evil. While "white" or "holy" is just aiming the gun right at the theme of religion and only religion... There are some major differences between RPGs (where they include the holy element) and Pokemon (where the holy element doesn't not belong) so don't mix them up...

Tweak

i think nintendo already took all the good elements...i can't even think of anything cept for wood type. but that's the same as grass type.

wind = flying type basically...

they CUD have a Rainbow Type that's strong against everything else. =D

Igglybuddy

OMG PENGUINS
    Years
  • I'd like to see a "light" type...a "sound" type might be nice also...a "crystal" type, sort of a physical-based ice, might be cool. Obviously, those could probably fit into other types, but it would be cool to see them. *shrug*

Dizzy

My Father is a Baron!
    Years
  • They should Have a Sound Type lol.

They should also have powered-up elements

Fire>magma
    Water>Ocean

Lol ya

Kyogre

Owner:F.S. (Spike Razzor)
    Years
  • Allstories said:
    What about light? They have dark, but nothing to oppose it.
    Im pretty sure its opposite to Normal types.

And please people, if your gonna suggest a new type give weaknesses resistanced ect.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • normal is as "light" as you can get before religion starts yapping again. But making the dark types weak to return is a diaster... so you see...

sound type is already in effect. Soundproof isn't there for nothing... moves like screech and hypervoice are all sound type (just not an element, but it's still a factor in the game)

Back