• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Missingno As A Starter?

Years
    Does anyone have a patch or trick with Universal Randomizer that sets your Starter Pokemon as the Legendary Glitch Pokemon Missingno?

I would like patches for ALL the standard Gameboy/Color and Advance games.

[Red/Blue] [Yellow/Silver/Gold/Crystal] [FireRed/LeafGreen] [Sapphire/Ruby] [Emerald]

Kabocha❤

Feeling sleepy...
    Years
    First above all, why? It's just a glitch Pokemon in Gen 1. Also, why all of those games when the only differences are literally just a few Pokemon? And no randomizer has it because it's not part of the game's data.
    Seriously, do it yourself if you really want to, it takes up less than half an hour.

Years
    First above all, why? It's just a glitch Pokemon in Gen 1. Also, why all of those games when the only differences are literally just a few Pokemon? And no randomizer has it because it's not part of the game's data.
    Seriously, do it yourself if you really want to, it takes up less than half an hour.

I'd do it myself, but I'm hacking retarded, all I know how to do is make sprites and graphics for hacks.

As for why... I don't know, cause it's my favorite "pokemon" (technically).

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
    You didn't think this through much as MissingNo exists only in Gen I. Like Kabocha said, in every other generation you'd need to add it into the game - presumably as a normal Pokémon, and then modify the starter selection.

I'm a bit out of touch with modern ROM Hacking tools but I believe you could make use of this to add it into a Gen 3 game. As for Gen 2, the hacking is a lot less popular and developed so you might need to use some kind of Hex Editor like Goldfinger... I think.

Once it's in the game, just edit the starter script itself using Advance-Map and your script editor of choice. That's for Gen 3, that is. I have no idea what the Gen 2 equivalent would be. In any case, you just need to find the bit of code that gives you the starters and replace them with MissingNo.

I know even less about Gen I hacking, but it's really not that hard to catch - though given the nature of the glitch that's a pretty bad idea - MissingNo using normal glitches. Read up on the Trainer Fly Glitch to learn about how to acquire it in RBY.

2900 posts! That's a milestone for sure.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    You just need to know Missingno.'s Pokémon number in hex. Then do what the last post said and add it to the starter script.

I can see why you would add an error Pokémon, it would be a change.

FlyBlue

Working on Pokemon Dark Edition.
    Years
    Ima try setting all the starters in my game to "No pokemon" with advance starter!
    Hopefully I get a missingno or one of those black and white question mark thingys

FlyBlue

Working on Pokemon Dark Edition.
    Years
    Okay, Just tried it and i found out, I get the black and white question mark thingy but its pokedex name is the UNKNOWN POKEMON. I thought it would be something like ????? Pokemon. Also, Just wait untill you here this:
    Its a level 5 pokemon and it actually has a move, Guillotine. Weird! Also, it seems to have like 0 accuracy cause it keeps on missing! Or, does guillotine just have low accuracy? EDIT: Okay so now i found out that the pokemon can be nicknamed and it has the icon nicknaming sprite of some sort of yellow bulbasaur? I have no idea why, BUT I think i have some guesses why! Here they are: Bulbasaur is the first pokemon in the pokedex and this unknown pokemon might be registered as the 0th pokemon but there is probably no icon sprite avaliable as the devs of the game must of guessed that people would never obtain ?????? Pokemon and when the pokemon has no icon sprite. And the default nicknaming page must have a icon with a yellow bulbasaur as some sort of placeholder. So, the pokemon must be just having the placeholder gui but

Last edited:
    Back