• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen MissingNo. in R/S

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
    Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    I appologise if this topic has been discussed earler, but I couldn't find anything relating to this topic. Here goes.

I heard from somewhere (forgot where) that MissingNo. has returned in R/S. Is this true and also, how is it found? Thanks in advance.

-FireFox

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2022
    There is'nt really a missingno. in R/S but you can find something similar to it,just go into a battle with no pokemon and you'll get some funny pokemon ?pokemon.

Toothache

Deepsea Toothache
    Years
    LOL Even if that were true, you can't deposit your last Pokemon in your party, so you can't battle without a Pokemon (unless you're cheating).

The whole Missingno thing is a fake, that was relegated to R/B/Y and died there. One of the glitches Nintendo should have fixed before it went out, but oh well.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
    The "closest" thing to a Missingno is perhaps the "?" boards that you battle if you made a mistake with a cheat code ^^; but that's a cheat code.. meh

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    I heard that theres a code to pass by the walls... So ya pass by the door of the Link Battle and go there alone... Than ya will battle with that "?" Thingy... Uhh... But thats it...

FireFox

Dialga Fangirl
    Years
    • Age 37
    • UK
    • Seen Feb 24, 2018
    Thanks for your replies. The rumor I heard was the following.

Begin rumor:
    MissingNo. appears in 3 forms,
    1. A form that completly ruins your save
    2. A form that is usable, its sprite is an "Unknown Pokedex icon" and its name is 'M'
    3. A form that acts like a proper pokemon, has a dex entry and has its full name "Missingno"
    End rumor.

Sadly, thats all I can remember. I remember a screenshot but it might have been hoax.

Makoto

Years
    FireFox said:
    MissingNo. appears in 3 forms,
    1. A form that completly ruins your save
    2. A form that is usable, its sprite is an "Unknown Pokedex icon" and its name is 'M'
    3. A form that acts like a proper pokemon, has a dex entry and has its full name "Missingno"
    close, but not quite.... i'm a master on all missingnos period, in r/b/y/g/s/c/r/s/fr/lg..... 2 missingnos look like the blank dex icon.... one has no name period and turns into a "bad EGG" if you catch it, the other's name is ??????????(i mean it, that's its name) that's the one missingno i don't know much about, and it's very well possible it could delete your game.... the 3rd missingno(i call all glitch pokemon missingnos)'s name is ?(just one question mark) and looks like 2 HUGE big white blocky question marks.... but this is a safe missingno.... it does nothing to your save file, doesn't turn into a bad EGG or anything.... the only problem with it is it only knows tackle and can't learn any TMs/HMs at all....

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    *Fake rumour alert hoes on another superhypermega mode*

That thing's getting a load of business today XD But anyways... yeah righ. Seriously - Missingno in R/S? Please excuse me while I laugh myself to death.

Back