• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Missingno.: Raider of Link Cables

Years
    I was battling my friend when a Missingno. showed up! I ended up crying into my shirt sleeve because even though I got it down to zero hp it would not faint, pretty wierd huh?

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    Did your friend have a Missingno?? Never tried to battle against a friend who has a Missingno though.. that's pretty weird!

Intuition

Overwhelming boredom
    Years
    Then you must have caught a missingno or you still have one in you're box..
    and I doubt that it shows up in link battle but hey! if you say so.. :)

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Strange glitches happen all the time in games. This must be just another one of them. All it takes is for the pointer to mess up, really, for a MissingNo to appear.

Winter2424242

Androgynous Role-Player
    Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 19, 2005
    Apparently 'M screws things up more than MissingNo, but I can't entirely confirm that. I tend to avoid such glitches, for fear of them screwing up all my hard work.

Years
    I one time ruined an entire Red Version because of Missingno. I could not even start over anymore, but I cant remember much about it.

LishaKara

オレスシ。
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2023
    Well, Missingno is pertty cool, cuz of the little INFINITE item trick. (Moon stone, Master Ball and Rare Candy are the best things to duplicate)

Eco-Mono

LWH Director
    Years
    • Seen Nov 7, 2009
    The reason for what happened here was that the Link Cable got jostled a little bit, disconnecting one of the contacts. The game tried to read the other player's actions, but since it wasn't getting all the information, it couldn't figure out what Pokemon it was supposed to be using and brought up a Missingno instead.

Firemaker

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Well, about the HP thing, Missigno are strange. But if no one had it something is weird(I wonder if you can get it in LG/FR)

Back