• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mistaken (Draco Malfoy x Hermione Granger)

Kitteh

Rockin' Mudkip
    Years
    Wellz, I decided to think outside the box and write a Draco Malfoy x Hermione Granger fic!! Enjoy!
    -----------
    Mistaken
    Draco x Hermione
    Chapter One
    Rated PG-13-ish

Wind whistled through the windows of the train, startling Draco Malfoy from his dream. He couldn't believe he'd been dreaming about Hermione Granger- but yet... he liked the dream. It scared him, but he liked it. He had... he shouldn't have... kissed Hermione in his dream.

"****." Draco swore, as the train shuddered to a halt. He quickly changed into his black Hogwarts robes, and pinned his Prefect badge to the front.

"Draco?" Someone stuck their head through the door. The bushy brown hair gave it away immediately. Hermione.

"Y-y-yeah?" Draco stuttered, his robes half-way over his head.

"C'mon, the train's leaving soon. Hurry up." Hermione told the boy, agitated. Draco finally got his robes on, then left the compartment, walking beside Hermione- the girl of his dreams.

"I'm glad you came back to our side. V-Voldemort is horrible." Hermione said, a tinge of fear in her voice upon saying Voldemort's name.

"I expect Potter and Weasley are waiting for you?" Draco asked, a small smirk on his face.

"Well... no. They kind of... dropped me when they learned I'd become friends with you." Hermione answered quietly, staring at the ground.

"Their loss." Draco sneered, hands in his pockets. Up ahead were the carriages that would take them to the castle. Draco's thoughts turned to his two old friends, Crabbe and Goyle. They had died when Voldemort blew up their parents' houses. Oh well, it wasn't too bad a loss.

"Oi, Hermione!" Two girl's voices yelled. Hermione looked up and saw Ginny Weasley and Luna Lovegood.

"Hello..." Luna said in her usual airy voice.

"Hi, Luna, hi, Ginny." Hermione replied, "What do you want?"

"Care to ride in the carriage with us?" The two girls asked.

"Oh... I'm riding with Draco." Hermione answered, and Draco felt his heart swell. Hermione was going to ride in the carriage with him!

"Draco? Draco Malfoy? Have you gone out of your mind?" Ginny screeched, stepping away from Hermione.

"No, actually, I haven't. He's a really sweet boy once you get to know him." Hermione fired back angrily, turning on her heel and walking back over to Draco. Luna just watched.

"I think they're in love..." Luna told Ginny airily.

"No, you think?" Ginny snapped back, stepping up into the carriage behind her, where her boyfriend Harry Potter and her brother Ron waited. Ron was currently dating Luna.

"That git." Ginny said, swearing under her breath.

"What are you talking about?" Harry asked her.

"Malfoy. And Hermione." Ginny answered. That was all Draco heard, because just then, a loud, angry flock of birds swooped into the carriage containing Luna, Harry, Ginny, and Ron.

Draco grabbed Hermione's arm and dragged her away, hissing,

"You'll get in trouble! Snape may be gone, but you never know what McGonnagall will say!"

Hermione glared at the carriage one more time before turning and climbing into the carriage behind it.

"Too bad I'm still in Gryffindor with those mindless idiots..." Hermione sighed, sitting down. Draco sat across from her, wondering if he could get any luckier than being in a carriage alone with Hermione Granger.

"Hermione... there's something I want to tell you." Draco started, but before he could tell her, the carriage lurched into motion, an irritating clopping drowning out everything. By the time they got to the castle, Draco had quite forgotten what he wanted to say.

"Well, see you later, Draco." Hermione mumbled, walking into the Great Hall and over to the Gryffindor table. She sat as far as she could from Harry, Ginny, Luna, and Ron. But she could still hear them talking about her.

"... Hanging out with Malfoy, the stupid Mudblood..." Ginny muttered, several cuts on her face from the birds she'd been attacked by, thanks to Hermione. Hermione didn't care what they thought about her. She just wanted to be with Draco. Those gits could say all they wanted. She just didn't give a ****.

Across the room, Draco was trying to catch Hermione's eye. Finally, after ten minutes, he succeeded, and gave her a grin. She grinned back, feeling the eyes of several Gryffindor's on the back of her head. Hermione glared at them.

"Stupid Mudblood. Set your priorities straight- Gryffindor before Slytherin." Seamus Finnigan yelled, his wand out.

Hermione pulled her wand out too. Seamus started on a Jelly-Legs jinx, but Hermione threw a Bat-Bogey hex at him. Great, flapping wings covered Seamus' face, and he shrieked.

"Who are you calling stupid Mudblood?" Draco spat, appearing at Hermione's shoulder, wand held aloft. Everyone backed away quickly- Professor McGonnagall was coming over.

"Granger! Malfoy! Finnigan! My office, now!" McGonnagall yelled, seeing all three of them with their wands out. The trio trotted out of the Great Hall, Hermione and Draco glaring at Seamus, Seamus glaring at Hermione and Draco. Now that Professor Dumbledore was dead, McGonnagall was Headmistress, and had Dumbledore's office. Seamus, Hermione, and Draco each sat in a chair, Seamus a little serate from Hermione and Draco.

The round circular office was no different than it had been when Dumbledore occupied it, only it was a little more feminine.

"Why did you have your wands out? Finnigan, why are there wings covering your face?" McGonnagall barked.

"Seamus attempted to jinx me, Professor." Hermione told her, and Seamus retorted,

"She used a Bat-Bogey hex on me!"

"You called her Mudblood!" Draco snapped at Seamus, looking him straight in the eye with a glare.

"Detention for each of you!" McGonnagall snapped at them all, "Your Head of House will notify you when. Go."

Seamus bolted out of the room, and Draco and Hermione followed at a walk.

"Thanks." Hermione said, smiling up at the blond haired, gray eyed boy, eyes glittering.

"No problem. Anytime." Draco smiled back, taking her hand. He wondered if Hermione could hear how fast and hard his heart was beating. Hermione wondered the same thing. At the staircase, the two parted.

"See you later." They said simultaneously. Hermione went upstairs, and Draco went downstairs. Hermione smiled, sighing. She couldn't wait until tomorrow.
    -----------
    What do you think??? Comments, Constructive Criticism, and Advice greatly appreciated!!

Everyone's weird pal,

~Kitteh~

ArKiVe

Back In Black
    Years
    • Age 34
    • USA
    • Seen Oct 30, 2006
    A couple grammar errors you could fix in there. Ok from my review I found it kind of annoying that Malfoy ended up with Hermione and that Malfoy got all luvey-duvey about her. Although this is your story so nothing was really wrong with it because that's basically what it's going to be about. It's kinda of a cliche though, I mean love between different sets or sorts of characters from characters from another book. Your story telling clearly casted the image in my mind though, good job on that.

Kalylia

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    All right...?

Your characters were all rather out-of-character. I didn't like that you allowed Ginny, of all people, to use the word "Mudblood".... Ahem... Mr. Weasly... his JOB?!

The writing was fairly solid, but you left a lot to be desired. There was hardly anything for description, and indeed, reminded me much more of a script than a story.

I'm not attempting to be harsh, I just like to see people get better. That, and I like it when people review my things and give me something to better myself with.

Back