• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mistakes you've made

crobatdeluxe

You can't be a legend...
    Years
    1. Acquired the Master Ball.
    2. Catches anything without fail. Hmmmm...
    3. Challenged Red.
    4. Threw Master Ball.
    5. EPIC FAIL
    6. Cried out loud.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    I once threw a master ball at machop >.<

Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Biggest mistake

For the biggest mistake i ve made on pokemon pearl
    go to h t t p : // www[dot] youtube [dot] [com]/watch / v [=] xngCgrG-IWE

sorry for that

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
    Ummm... my first time playing Pokemon Yellow (my first Pokemon game) I ended up somehow missing the first Bug Catcher, and when I ended up walking past there after I had beaten the game, I caught his eye and threw my Master Ball at his Caterpie... yes... *cries*

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    I think i've made most of the mistakes already listed here at some point.

The worst probably being the awful movesets I taught my Pokémon first time round, and the fact I thought the HM moves Cut and Flash were actually reasonably powerful moves. That, along with the fact i've included more than one offensive move of the same type in many of my early movesets and it doesn't make for aparticularly pleasant reading.

Kazukii

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2009
    I used to think attacks like tail whip and curse were a waste of time, little did I know how good they actually were ^_^ Big mistake on my part.
    The only annoying mistakes I always make is when I turn my ds off because I have an obession with pressing the on and off button over and over on my ds (orginal one). The power button on the originals doesn't turn the ds unless you hold it. So yeh sometimes I stupidly held it for too long haha

Camyre

Guess who?
    Years
    The worst thing I remember doing is leveling up only my Meganium, only teaching it Normal moves, and trying to beat Morty with it. It was painful to watch.

Years
    Having no status affecting moves whatsoever. Only physical, And I didn't even really know about STAB so I'd have a Typhlosion lvl 65 (what having no other pokemon XD) trying to beat, say, Clair, with a moveset like; Cut, Swift, Body Slam, and Quick Attack.

It's a wonder I made it past Whitney. o.o;

Ninetales1

Japan-flavoured Europhile
    Years
    My mistakes:
    Yellow: Not even trying to catch one of the Legendaries. I don't think I used the Master Ball at all.
    Yellow: Using a Game Shark. That deleted my whole game--the very first Pokemon game I ever played! I had beaten the Elite 4 and had best Pokemon in the level-70s...
    Crystal: Not catching Suicune; using the Master Ball on Snorlax.
    Crystal: Using my TM29 on Xatu.
    Gold, Silver, and Crystal: Not catching the red Gyarados.
    Sapphire: Filling one of my Pokemon up with Pokeblocks made from Pecha Berries.
    Diamond: Using my TM26 on Wormadam.

AsugetRanzo

гейKuir
    Years
    My worst was on Red.
    I wasn't paying attention and accidentally used my Master Ball on a Tentacool.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    When I was five, I was obsessed with Charizard in Red. I only leveled up Charmander, ignoring all my other Pokemon, and had a Charizard by Misty. Yeah.

I think I'm still oblivious in battle, because I still have this habit of killing all the status-affecting moves and only having attack moves on all my Pokemon. Actually, I'm doing that right now in Platinum. >.<

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    Tried Missingno. glitch in Blue version... After the Elite-4 was beaten.

Completely neglected every pokemon I had except for Pikachu in Yellow version.

Spent all my money on tokens to buy Porygon in Crystal version. (Okay, it wasn't really a waste in my opinion!)

Completely ignored status moves in Sapphire version.

Only leveled two pokemon in Sapphire version.

Stuffed Several of my boxes with Gulpins and Swalots in Sapphire version.

Used the Masterball on Dialga in Diamond version.

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2009
    on LeafGreen

I used a masterball on articuno because I couldn't catch him with an other PokeBalls and I had none left and I wanted to catch him.

I shouldve turned the ds off then on again.

Back