• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Misty has gotten mean. :\

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I think this game is dead set against Charmander users. :\ Misty totally keeps kicking my butt. I'm seven hours into the game, with a Pikachu at level 19, and even then she totally floors me. Two hits with water Pulse, and Pikachu is gone. That just isn't fair. And my only other pokemon that can survive a hit from water Pulse is Pidgeotto. what should I do? Training is taking way too long, and my sister and her stupid wartortle are getting way ahead of me.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Training is the only way. If you train all pokemon to lv.15 at the beginning (which I do) and mke sure you are lv. 25 you can beat misty anyday with a Charmeleon and Slash.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Well too bad. Training is your only option unless you cheat or trade over some Pokemon from another game. How about borrowing your sister's Pokemon without her consent and kick Misty's butt before she finds out? It'll do wonders for your Dex as well...

I chose Charmander as my starter and it's one of my weakest Pokemon cause of the first two gyms. Just train Pidgeotto a bit more. I used Pidgeotto and a Clefable to defeat Misty.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I hate tedious training though. :\ I keep getting fifteens in Exp. and such, and it's driving me crazy. I need to take out my geodude for my rattatta, maybe do something with one of the two clefairys I ahd caught (one male and one female.) And I have a policy of using only my own pokemon, so sneaking my sister's is out of the question.

Marill909

Pacific Boy
    Years
    I had the exact same problem. What you need to do is get a bellsprout if you have lg and oddish if you have fr and raise it up to about level 18-20. Bellsprout should learn sleep powder by then. Im not sure about oddish. Beat the staryu ; you shoul have no problem with this because you have a pikachu; and then when you switch pokemon switch it to bellsprout/ oddish.Use sleep powder, then use vine whip until its fainted. TaDa!!

Iyanden

Huh??
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 24, 2004
    I had soooo much trouble with Misty pal. I took lil Charrie too. Go get a bellsprout and pickachu. Use worthless pkmon to swap too to heal/revive
    Good LUCK!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Pogiforce-14 said:
    I hate tedious training though. :\ I keep getting fifteens in Exp. and such, and it's driving me crazy. I need to take out my geodude for my rattatta, maybe do something with one of the two clefairys I ahd caught (one male and one female.) And I have a policy of using only my own pokemon, so sneaking my sister's is out of the question.
    So battle trainers instead. There's an entire army of trainers north of Cerulean. If that's not enough, try heading to Vermillion and battling those trainers instead. Not sure if you can though because of the Rocket Member there.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I acutally have been training an abra I caught just yesterday. Just wondering, but what were my chances of catching one with a simgle pokeball and the Abra carrying a twisted spoon? because it was. :\ Anyway, I took out Geodude for Rattatta, and I replaced Abra with Clefairy. i'mnot srue if Oddish really learns any offesnive grass moves besides Absorb. But I'll try it. Take out Paras for Oddish.:\

edit: And I've alredy exhausted that army of trainers. They weren't much help. :\

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    This always works...i train all my pokemon to lv. 21 before mt. moon and make sure they are all on 24 after mt moon and then I beat her...even if i start off with charmander.

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
    Years
    *Giggles.* Sorry sweetie, but Misty isn't much of a challenge. The only thing is to train and get your cute Pikachu a little harder, and try to catch a Bellsprout or Oddish if you encounter one. ^0^

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    I hate tedious training. It was the most boring part of Ruby version. :( I honestly don't suye certian pokemon much unless I'm evolving them for the pokedex, and oddish happens to be one of them. But I'll use him for the sake of this battle.

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Just train....... your sis's wartortle will soon have a hard time against surge anyway, while you have overleveled pokemon leave her in the dust.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    I got lucky. I trained my Fearow to Lvl 23 and my Charmeleon to Lvl 24. I let my Fearows Fury Attack take care of Staryu and it got Starmie down to yellow in its health bar. Then Starmie KO'd Fearow, using Water Pulse on Charmeleon, almost knocking it out. With its last bit of strength, Charmeleon assaulted Starmie with Mage Punch, Koing it.

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    DarkLink said:
    Just train....... your sis's wartortle will soon have a hard time against surge anyway, while you have overleveled pokemon leave her in the dust.

Um... she's floored sruge already. Seriously. I think her wartortle may well be indestructable. :paranoid:

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Bah, I just raised my Pikachu up to level 22. Use another Pokemon (I used Clefairy) to get Staryu out of the way and then Pikachu should be good enough to deal with Starmie. May take you a couple tries, but it worked fine for me~ =\

Iyanden

Huh??
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 24, 2004
    Well, just OWNED Erika with Charizard. :nervous: :rambo:
    How i love the smell of burning Pokemon in the morning!! :rambo:

BigBoss

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2007
    Hmmm........ train pikachu allitle more, or use a oddish, and I don't really train evenly, if you focus on Charmeleon alot and have others on average lv you could floor anybody. I'm at Koga and Charizard is lv 49.

Iyanden

Huh??
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Oct 24, 2004
    well, after my complete xp owning, charry is at 40 for me now...hehe, sabrina are you in for a surprise when i get there.... :knockedou

Pogiforce-14

EV/IV Trainer
    Years
    Your getting off topic. :\ ANyway, I've been raising my level 10 oddish for the lst half hour or so, and excluding the time I took to eat dinner, he's reached level 15 considerably fast. I believe that if I poison Staryu, then send out Pikachu and use Doubl Team and insane number of times, then piokachu just migh tbe able to be evaseive enough to avoid the water pulses enough times to defeat Starmie. It's the only chance I ahve right now, although I want Oddish to level up some more before I try that. :\

Back