• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty Joining the Group Again?

Should Misty re-join the group?

• Total voters

~Amethyst_Callista_Moon~

Ribbon Mint Echo!
    Years
    We now know that Misty temporarily joins the group again to take them to Cerulean, where the Battle Factory is, in the Kanto Battle Frontier Saga. Then she leaves. How sad...

What do you guys think? Should Misty re-join the group again or should she remain Gym Leader of Cerulean?

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    It depends. I mean I love Misty a lot but I love to see her beinguse with respect.

She needs to do something then just stand there andlook pretty. I mean make her a love intrest or something but don't make her background. That what she was when the Battle Frounter started. She just stood there.

I like her to come back and rejoin.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    Yes, I miss Misty... However I think she needs to *grow up* if you get what I mean...

I mean they make her look like a guy, and she seems to never be going to go through a thing called Puberty...

*hopes they make Ash and Co mature a few years...*

Besides, Misty has such a good depth character and her whole infatuation with Ash.... Hopefully now that Pokemon USA had licensing rights, they just make them all mature and misty comes back :3 yay

Years
    I dunno. Frankly both females (Misty/May) don't strike me as anything truly wanting me to know more about them/care about them unlike say James or even Jessie anymore. If we didn't have 5 seasons, 5 movies and 275 episodes of her, I would say "sure, more." But since she always had a kinda "there" feeling to her, I just don't care either way.

I think her time is done but I wouldn't mind a stint of her staying more than maybe 5 episodes. Just not forever.

So my answer would be "yes in spurts but no on the long term."

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    I don't know, I liked Misty in the beginning but May is great to.
    I voted 'yes', 'cause she is a real member of the Pok?gang (ya know... Ash, Max ,Brock,May AND Misty)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Not only does she annoy me
    8D I think I know why you "hate" her so much but to say it here would be a bad thing
    I personally think Misty should come back. She is more of an idol of mine than she was back in Kanto. She has Gyarados and was a freakin' gymleader! I really want a girl in Pokemon to look up to as I do Clair. May's just too.... chicken.... I guess. Although when she got stuck with Bulbasaur, she didn't freak out.

Bocky

<-- the best
    Years
    Phantom_Bugsy said:
    Nope. Never again.

Not only does she annoy me, but people make too big a deal over her. Her time came and went, it's time for other characters to have spotlight.

i totally agree. besides, i'd like to see Ash flirting with May and May[being younger] not know how to react to it. :P i think that would be funny

Hamstar

HALLO.
    Years
    I voted yes...

Though I always hated Misty with a passion, I just can't help but feel like the show is complete without her...She just...Seems to make the series better for some strange reason @.@ With her odd sense of style and her weird personality that always changes...I mean, one minute she could be nice then the next instant she starts getting enraged about something stupid XD I miss that...especially when Ash and Misty used to argue all the time...*sigh* Those was da good ol' days -_-

May and Max are OK...If I had to choose though, I like May more than Max...He's just REALLY annoying and it would be better if they didn't make him travel with Ash Brock and May...He doesn't really have much importance...He doesn't even have any pok?mon >.< He just stands there with his dumb Pok?nav being all smart and stuff...But overall...I'd rather have Misty there in the group than them...Or maybe even WITH them...so then there'd be 5 main people traveling together...((Man, that would stink for Team Rocket XD))

I also think it would be a really dumb move to end the series without Misty there...If they do decide to finally end it, the last episode HAS to have Misty in it...I don't care HOW they do it...Maybe make her fall out of a tree or parachute out of an airplane, I DON'T CARE! They have to stick her in the last ep SOMEWHERE...If not, make her travel with Ash and Brock in the last season...((Which I predict for the series to end in the 11-15th season...If it goes on for more than that...People are gonna get bored of it T.T...BUT that's just my prediction...U^_^))

So yeah....dat's my opinion, yo!

Years
    I like May better. I really don't dislike Misty that much, I just don't want her hanging around Ash because I don't want to take the chance they'll end up together (no offense Pokeshippers, just my opinion). even though I'm 99% sure no shipping will ever happen in Pokemon.

Misty really didn't do much in the show. At least May has her contests and we can see actual character development taking place in her (just compare May's first episode to an episode two seasons later). Of course, Brock doesn't do much on the show either (why don't they do something with his desire to become the world's best Pokemon Breeder?) and neither does Max (just replace him with a map and you've pretty much covered his character).

Hamstar

HALLO.
    Years
    Kaiju Alpha said:
    I like May better. I really don't dislike Misty that much, I just don't want her hanging around Ash because I don't want to take the chance they'll end up together (no offense Pokeshippers, just my opinion). even though I'm 99% sure no shipping will ever happen in Pokemon.

Misty really didn't do much in the show. At least May has her contests and we can see actual character development taking place in her (just compare May's first episode to an episode two seasons later). Of course, Brock doesn't do much on the show either (why don't they do something with his desire to become the world's best Pokemon Breeder?) and neither does Max (just replace him with a map and you've pretty much covered his character).

XD "Replace him with a map" That's a good one!

Nodroz

Gorgonzola Cheese! XD
    Years
    I voted no. Personally, I've always found Misty to be a very boring and useless character (especially in Johto). Besides, she seems to be doing quite alright at the gym, anyway.

Guest123_x1

Though I voted Yes, I seriously doubt she'll be back until the grand finale... whenever that'll be... IF there will be a final episode
    Misty Joining the Group Again?

Years
    Eventhough i love Misty, I voted no because she had her time to be with Ash and Brock, I think they should do a spinoff of her as main and some new characters, similar to Chronicles but more with a more developed story.

Aegis

The Savage Nymph
    Years
    Omigoshies yes! I'd die if she didn't, she was my favorite character!

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    First off, I really hate what they did to Misty.

Misty was cool because she was a girl that did something. Unlike many co-starring girls in anime that has a guy as a main character, Misty actually used her pokemon and battled and looked tough on occasion. She was sometimes hinted as a possible love interest, but she was never made to serve just that purpose.

Then the Orange Islands came around, and Misty got kinda... boring. She still did things though, and her attitude was still there mostly.

Then came Johto, and it all went to hell. XD I mean, this didn't just happen to Misty, it happened to Brock too. Heck even Ash started to get boring! I mean, most episodes centered around developing people we would only see for one episode and never again, and not the actual main characters. Brock and Misty were merely background, there to comment on pokemon moves like some sort of underpaid sports commentators. There were a few times when the old Misty shone through the boring, new one, but those were sparce. I was almost glad when she left, because they had just made her so painful to watch. She was my favorite character.

So I voted "yes" on the poll. But I want it known that my "yes" vote comes with requirements. If Misty is ever brought back, they need to show her off as the tomboy she was, and not the sappy girl she turned into. T_T

It would be interesting to see if she would flirt with Ash though... they seem to have been hinting towards a Misty/Tracey thing in Chronicles. o.o Not that I really mind, poor Tracey needs someone to like besides Professor Oak. XD

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    she shall never return after her embarasing defeat against may

Back