• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty? May? Dawn?

-Raiken-

L is real 2401
Years
  • Hmmm, this should be a pretty straight forward question. Out of Misty, May and Dawn, which of the three is your favorite and would be the best girlfriend for Ash?

I choose Misty because every since the first season, even though they fought a lot, they seemed to have that connection where they indeed liked each other but maybe that was just me. So what does everyone else think?

Starway

Artist and Gamer
    Years
  • NO WAY IT'S DAWN. Sorry but it's not a perfect match to me but anyway I think it should be Misty as well. I always watched the shows and I always thought they would fall in love with each other.

MadAboutMew

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jun 10, 2009
    Well my favourite is Misty because she's the original girl but I think May and Ash do look cuter together than Misty and Ash.

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2009
    Misty! She's the original, and is most strong-willed and 'tough'. I really enjoy times when she argues with Ash, yay for 'love-hate relationships!'

Though May and Dawn do argue with Ash and show their stronger sides at times, their more 'girlish' tastes would probably not suit him much. Oh well, it's only my opinion.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    My favorite is May, but I don't pair Ash up with any of them.
    He only thinks of them all as friends. :/

Years
  • Misty of course. She cares for Ash. He even cried when she left. He wouldn't even let Dawn hold his Misty lure. Pokeshipper FL! Even Team Rocket knows that they're two "lovebirds."

May should be with Drew. That's why she went to Johto-to be with him and do contests.

It's so obvious that Dawn likes Gary for his poetry.

So Misty is my favorite. She should be with Ash. (IMO.)

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Misty would be, seems like no one could take the spotlight there from here lol, I really like Misty. But Dawn would probably be mine haha kidding aside. Either of the three would fit in well I think though but Misty the best.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
  • Misty and Hikari. I don't like May.

But I still must say that all three girls get too much fandom attention. Because of them, characters like Cassidy, and female gymleaders barely get any attention and let's not forget the other Team Rocket/villains like Domino, Annie and Oakley. All of these girls are overshadowed by the three twerps.

Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2009
    My favorite would be Dawn. To me, she the most entertaining and most versatile character of the three.

As for best gf with Ash, I'll go with Misty no doubt. It's been pretty much solidly and strongly implied that Misty likes Ash. Even though I don't understand why they made Misty look older than Ash, well at least to me. She looks like somewhat of a big sister to him. *shivers...*

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Misty and Hikari. I don't like May.

But I still must say that all three girls get too much fandom attention. Because of them, characters like Cassidy, and female gymleaders barely get any attention and let's not forget the other Team Rocket/villains like Domino, Annie and Oakley. All of these girls are overshadowed by the three twerps.

Well, I can at least say that I liked Whitney's characterization in the anime more than in the games (in the games, she basically acts like a sore loser who cries if you win.), as well as Claire (because she at least gave Ash the badge as soon as he won the battle, unlike the games where she herself acts like a sore loser, thus forcing you to get the badge via other means.).

Also, I thought the anime showing Erika working part-time as a perfume shop manager AND as a group therapist explained her... ahem... "Sleepy Beauty" complex in the games pretty well. And Sabrina mentioned in the games that she trained herself and honed her abilities by bending spoons when she was a toddler, and that part was shown to be true in a flashback from her father.

I can't comment on the female Gym leaders from Hoenn in the Anime because, to be frank, I haven't even seen them (though from what I've read and heard, I'm not impressed with 3/4ths of them.), the same would have to be said with Gardenia (though I heard/read that they did capture her personality pretty well.), Fantina, or Candice.

As for villains such as Cassidy, Domino, Annie/Oakley (though in the original, they weren't really rockets.), I wouldn't have cared anyways since they are bad guys, and all the stories I've been taught is for me to hate the bad guy.

On topic, I'd choose Misty as being the best character. I can't really choose one way or another in regards to ships, though, since, to be frank Disney influenced my belief that love only happens when it's at first sight.

Vernikova

Banned
    Years
  • I choose Michelle since she has those really cool glasses that assist her in battle.

Hiki', Kasu', and Haruka have their own strengths and weaknesses that make them unique from one another in my opinion.

Back