• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty saying goodbye to Togetic

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    After Misty left the show to go back to Cerulean Gym, it would always make me sad to think of her all alone in that big gym. And then I would think "Oh, at least she still has Togepi!"
    And for whatever random reason, she then came back to the show for a few episodes, only for Togepi to evolve into Togetic and leave her.
    Does Misty's not having Togepi/Togetic anymore depress anyone else?

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
    I don't really mind that Togetic left. It finally did something long-term.

I don't think Misty's alone. She has her pokemon, that one guy from Pokemon Chronicles who wanted to date her, Tracey, Proffesor Oak, maybe her sisters and whatever Trainers come to challenge her.

nidorina

Ash Ketchum groupie~1998♥
    Years
    I don't really mind that Togetic left. It finally did something long-term.

I don't think Misty's alone. She has her pokemon, that one guy from Pokemon Chronicles who wanted to date her, Tracey, Proffesor Oak, maybe her sisters and whatever Trainers come to challenge her.

You do have a good point, but Misty's sisters aren't really with the gym anymore. The only one who spends any time there is Daisy, I'm pretty sure.

ArcanineOod

DESU.
    Years
    It was sad when I first watched it... And the second time... And the third...
    Simply because it's an emotional scene where Togetic leaves. However, I don't dwell on it and think 'Poor Misty; no Togepi' or anything like that.
    Thought now you mention it, I could turn this into angsty fanfiction-
    Naa.

I don't think about it, really. It shocked and saddened me when I watched it, but it doesn't anymore.
    xX

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    well now that you brought it up, yes it does. I loved togepi ever since its first appearance in season 1. xDD I would immitate its cry all the time.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    It was probably the same when Butterfree had to leave Ash. Sigh, it's so sad, though. I always liked Togetic, and Misty too. I wonder if they would ever reunite.

Years
    • Seen Jul 8, 2010
    I always think it's sad that the goals of Pokemon (collecting as many as you can) are directly in opposition to what a good trainer does (gets close to his pokemon and has them as companions). Misty losing togetic is just like Ash leaving all his pokemon with prof oak, necessary to get new pokemon. It seems wrong to discard your pokemon "friends" because you essentially got bored with them, especially since after you caught them they can't choose to go back to the wild. Imagine it... you're a happy pokemon in the wild, some trainer catches you, and you spend the rest of your life unconscious in a pc, lol.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
    It kinda bugged me. She carried that thing around for how long, just to let it go. It annoyed me more than it made me sad.

*hylian*sakura*

Rawr~ =3
    Years
    I find it pretty bothersome when anyone lets go of their pokemon. But, honestly, the only thing we can ever surely count on is that Ash will have Pikachu- anything else is just awaiting some new twist or change.
    I didn't necessarilly expect or appreciate Togetic's ridiculous parting with Misty, but we never see that good ol red-head gal anymore anyway, so I never think about it.
    Still, I was really bugged by it when I first saw the episode. >_>

MarstheCar

I lurk often.
    Years
    It's sad since Togi's been with her for so long, then it just leaves with the Togipis. But I'm sure she'll be just fine. :)

Years
    I always think it's sad that the goals of Pokemon (collecting as many as you can) are directly in opposition to what a good trainer does (gets close to his pokemon and has them as companions). Misty losing togetic is just like Ash leaving all his pokemon with prof oak, necessary to get new pokemon. It seems wrong to discard your pokemon "friends" because you essentially got bored with them, especially since after you caught them they can't choose to go back to the wild. Imagine it... you're a happy pokemon in the wild, some trainer catches you, and you spend the rest of your life unconscious in a pc, lol.

I can't imagine any pokemon ever obeying a trainer who stores them in a PC if that is even possible. I'm glad this was dropped from the anime and instead are alive and well at Oak's Lab or wherever. Or maybe the games really meant PC as in Pokemon Center. If only...

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2010
    I personally want Misty bak. I liked her personality so much more then Misty...actually I pretty much just liked her more then May and was seriously dissapointed when she had to leave. What do u guys think?

pyronical

KOFFING!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2010
    It kinda bugged me. She carried that thing around for how long, just to let it go. It annoyed me more than it made me sad.

Haha. Agreed. By the way, which episode does Misty come back? I'm just watching Season 6 at the moment.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Yes it does depress me but ill go to her gym and keep her company;)

Back