• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty to Return?

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    OI was just a filler though, it had no real point aside from giving Nintendo more time to get Gold and Silver out before the anime got to that point. Kasumi leaving is part of the major plot and won't be undone.

Shadow0faBandit

Your worst Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2007
    Mihara said:
    OI was just a filler though, it had no real point aside from giving Nintendo more time to get Gold and Silver out before the anime got to that point. Kasumi leaving is part of the major plot and won't be undone.

What exactly is the major plot have to do with that had to have Kasumi leave?

Matt

Shadow0faBandit

Your worst Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2007
    So your saying, as of right now, they don't really know if she will return as a main character?

Matt

Shadow0faBandit

Your worst Shadow
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2007
    Okay, That clears some things up. But why can't they just get someone else similar to her voice to play the part if she did quit?

Matt

Cooltrainer Lance

Flannery Fanboy
    Years
    I really do hope misty returns and Tracy too. That's why I enjoyed the Orange Islands. I can't wait to see the new region or whatever, I just hope that Misty and Tracy come back.

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    Sorry if I sound a bit out of the loop, but since when was the next region officially Orre?? *is confused* I thought that was just a rumor....

Anyway, Misty is my favorite character from the anime, and as much as I love her and having her in the main group, I don't think she's coming back.

I think it's clear that the writers/producers want to keep Misty as a side character and nothing more. But we'll see for sure when this little filler arc is over. I mean, the reason she left (her sisters being gone) has been remidied, and she still stays at the gym. It makes me angry to admit that, and had I been talking about this a year ago I would have totally agreed that May was stupid and Misty should come back as soon as possible; but now I like May more than I used to and Misty seems fine where she is (I'm the one that's not fine).

We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Oh, and I agree, I think Richie went to the bathroom and fell in as well. If you listen hard enough on a cool, winter night, you can almost hear his cries... "Come on Sparky! A little farther and we can make it out...!"

Years
    Just to point out...

Should the gang go to Orre Region during the times of Pok?mon Colloseum or XD, it doesn't make sense because technology in Orre looks riduculously advanced. Just compare the games to the show. It doesn't make sense...

That, and the Orre Region is mostly a desert without ANY wild Pok?mon. (probably water too) I doubt Ash and friends are willing to head towards a region that is as hostile as that! Oh yeah, and no 'Orre League'! (sure there's a Gym, but one?! and notice the name: Pregym)

Anyways, many voice actors have been replaced in different animes and cartoons, yet their characters either have the same roll as they used to, or even gotten better ones. (although there have been cases where it's niether of the two...) That doesn't mean that Kasumi will be gone for good.

If Kasumi's VA actually did leave, why? I'm pretty sure that VAing has decent benefits considering that Pok?mon is still a massive hit in Japan...

Personally, I think the majority of Japanese females sound the same, so replacement shouldn't be a problem! (just my opinion, considering I've never been to Japan and only heard a handful of Japanese females actually talking with real accents) It will be unfortunate should the producers kick out Kasumi permanently though. I'd go beserk should they decide that.

But is it possible that the producers are waiting for just the right moment...? I'm not happy with all the waiting!

pokeknight

Hyper Member
    Years
    Well.

I just hope misty comes back. This is my post after 10 months and 19 days at Pc, ouch, see how i ignored pokemon once the story got degraded. I just can't believe the show is goign on being more kiddish than ever.

Miss Reyna

Happiness~
    Years
    The problem is what will Misty do? She comes back holding a azurill? That what she did with togipi and that was boring. To tell the truth she did the the same thing when she came back for those three epis in Kanto. She can coach Ash but is better then to be coach because he prove he can take care of his own in a battle now with out Brock and Misty yelling at him from time to time.

Was it me or did she did more in here 2 Hoenn guest eps then her 3 Kanto guest eps.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2006
    The Hoenn eps were a little more focused on her; that's probobly why. Anyway, I really want Misty to come back. If she will or not is different. She is my favourite character and I dearly miss her Kanto attitude. She was more fiery then, she had a chance to get that back again after Togetic left but they gave her Azurill (but Azurill's cute though I just hope it wouldn't sit in her arms the whole time). If she were to return maybe having it use attacks and maybe evolve so it doesn't need to be carried. She would have to do something to make her travel worthwhile, so she's not just a cheerleader like she was in Johto.

Wow my post almost seemed a little bashfull o_0 I mean...oh you know what I mean XD Anyway I really do want her to come back and have a purpose. She has a lot of potential which the writers miss used. I heard about Misty's VA leaving but I also heard it was a lie =/ I hope if she was on leave, she returns and if she never returns at least get a new VA that sounds as similar as possible. *waves Misty banner*

Years
    I reckon it's about time they brought Misty back as it's getting a bit beyond the joke leaving her out for 3 seasons.... Brock had one season off then came back for the Johto season and made a suprise return in season 5

So why cant the animators/producers have Misty make a surprise return to the traveling party rather than a 2 part episode guest appearance it would be good if Misty makes a surprsie return just before Ash & Co head off to the Orre Region

To be honest pokemon hasnt been the same since Misty, i miss the days gone where Misty used to get out her lucky mallet and smash Ash & Brock around the head if they misbehaved

Years
    But she used the megaton hammer only on Brock! I dunno if Ash;s thick skull could take it...

Like I said before, the producers could be planning to put her back in later, but that's up to them and has little to do with fans, unless we revolt.

Oh, and rest assured. Considering Misty's nature, I'd easily believe that Azurill is the new Togepi. She'll hold the baby Pok?mon in her arms as much as posible, no doubt. Whether you like that or not, it's very likely she's gonna do just that. That doesn't mean that her attitude will stay the same, though.

And there's always the posibility of Misty to resume her quest of becoming the greatest Water Pok?mon trainer. I mean, if you think Misty's useless in the Johto episodes, what about Brock? I think he's done nothing much to further his career to becoming a great Breeder.

And it's always possible to further her character one way or another, no matter how many people don't want to believe it. Pok?mon sparked in Satoshi's head, therefore imagining things is the basis on the Anime, and anything could happen.

Years
    That is very true dqle the producers/animators could further Misty's character abit more as she's not getting any where towards her goal of becoming the Greatest Water Pokemon Trainer because she is stuck in Ceruelan City taking care of her sister's gym

As for Brock being the only person who Misty used the megaton hammer on is very true but there were times during Kanto & Johto where she One Hit KO Ash using her fist and it worked 100% of the time

You are very right by saying that the producers might be planning a surprise return for Misty but still i think they should bring her back just before Ash&Co head off to the Orre Region

mistywishmaker

such a thing as f o r e v e r
    Years
    ^=___=;;

I wouldn't "woot woot" about Misty not returning... =T

I don't think the writers are planning for Misty to return anytime soon, but I still believe she'll return. Call me crazy, but when she really does return there will be a lot of "Wh00ting". ;)

Years
    According to rumors (that I've heard) on the next Pok?mon season, it's gonna be called Pok?mon: "Shadow". That tells me that something shadow-y is gonna be involved. Shadow Pok?mon, perhaps? And the only place that Shadow Pok?mon exist is Orre.

But still, I seriously don't see why Ash and friends would go there in the first place! (maybe they could go before the times of Colloseum...)

Genius Sonority may have helped developed the Gamecube games, but that doesn't mean that the producers won't intergrate it in the show. If it's Pok?mon, it could as well end up on the show.

Just wondering, but does Genius Sonority actually develop the game and storyline completely?

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    dqle said:
    According to rumors (that I've heard) on the next Pok?mon season, it's gonna be called Pok?mon: "Shadow". That tells me that something shadow-y is gonna be involved. Shadow Pok?mon, perhaps? And the only place that Shadow Pok?mon exist is Orre.

But still, I seriously don't see why Ash and friends would go there in the first place! (maybe they could go before the times of Colloseum...)

Genius Sonority may have helped developed the Gamecube games, but that doesn't mean that the producers won't intergrate it in the show. If it's Pok?mon, it could as well end up on the show.

Just wondering, but does Genius Sonority actually develop the game and storyline completely?

Yes thats the same rumor I've heard as well. But heres a thaught. Havent you wonder if this is Ash's final region? I mean this could be it for Ash Ketchum and his adventures.Think about it. The OVA have done their voice for more than 6 or 8 years on Pokemon. They may be complaining and may want to quit. I would like someone to find some info about the OVA.

Then they start a new Pokemon anime called Pokemon:Shadow and Wes(The hero in Pokemon Colisseum) and Rui are the new characters. So we may have to say goodbye to the old gang.

As for Richie I hope he shows up in the battle frontier and fights ash one more time. Richie was cool.

And as for tracie....well he has to got to go to the battle frontier as well. I really want to see him again. Is it really hard to put the entire gang all at once? They should all go to the new regions together not separate.

And lets not forget misty. Does anyone know if she says to Ash finally if she loves him? And they probably end up kissing and Misty flyes all the way to Cerulian City crying. No I dont want it to end that way.

Say whatever happen to Snap? You know...Snap, the guy who loved to take Pictures and took one of articuno back in Johto.

Years
    MysticTrunks said:
    Havent you wonder if this is Ash's final region? I mean this could be it for Ash Ketchum and his adventures.Think about it. The OVA have done their voice for more than 6 or 8 years on Pokemon. They may be complaining and may want to quit. I would like someone to find some info about the OVA.
    If they wanted to stop Ash's/Satoshi's adventures, I'm pretty sure they would have done it long ago! Because Ash's Japanese counterpart is named after the creator of Pok?mon, I don't really see a way they'd kick him out. And the only voice actor that I've heard was 'tired' of acting was the VA for Kasumi. I don't know the details, but I do know that she left the set. Whether it's for a time or forever, I don't know.

MysticTrunks said:
    And lets not forget misty. Does anyone know if she says to Ash finally if she loves him? And they probably end up kissing and Misty flyes all the way to Cerulian City crying. No I dont want it to end that way.

The likelyhood that Ash actually sees why Misty kept traveling with him all that time is really slim to none. Again, he's so thick-skulled that he doesn't know love if it was right in front of his nose! Also, there's many that don't believe that it will happen. Proof is in the Japanese episodes, where, according to sources, Kasumi lost interest in Satoshi a LONG time ago.

Personally, although I support AAML, I don't want that to happen anytime soon. Reason being that it could end the series all together...

MysticTrunks said:
    Say whatever happen to Snap? You know...Snap, the guy who loved to take Pictures and took one of articuno back in Johto.
    Actually, the second time Snap showed up in the show, they changed his name to Todd to relate to the game Pok?mon Snap, where Todd is the main character's default name.

Oh, and the Pok?mon Ranger sounds like the GBA and DS games that will be released in Japan later.

Supreme Edgeboy Max

alphabet tour
    Years
    Meh, OF COURSE! NO WAY IS THAT WOMAN TO GO AWAY AND KEEP MISTY AWAY!

I'll stop watching the anime the day Misty is permanently taken off the show.

Back