• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Misty to Return?

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    LanceLite and MaxMan said:
    Meh, OF COURSE! NO WAY IS THAT WOMAN TO GO AWAY AND KEEP MISTY AWAY!

I'll stop watching the anime the day Misty is permanently taken off the show.

You should have stopped watching at the end of Johto then, since Misty already is permanantly off the show.

The reason Misty won't come back is because there's no reason for her to come back. She has nothing to contribute to the anime anymore. What's she to do? Stand there holding Azurill and say a couple of lines each episode? There's just no point, and that's why the writers won't bring her back.

Misty has been gone for over 130+ episodes now, and there are no signs that she wants to do anything other than to tend her Gym.

Pokemon Advance has been critically acclaimed by fans, as the majority of people who aren't Misty fanboys think the show is better than ever.

I can't wait till the D/P cast is revealed and people see that Misty still isn't part of the series, maybe then they can shut up about it and let the rest of us get on with our lives.

Years
    Man, there's so much debate to decide if Misty's character is fully developed or not. People say she's done. Others, like me, see more potential since all characters can never be 'complete'.

If Misty's character is 'complete', then Ash should have been out of the picture soon after her. I personally think that Ash's character hasn't changed all that much since his adventures in Kanto. Of course, I'm not implying that Ash should be gone, and it's just my opinion.

And there's no need to be bashing Misty fans. For cryin' out loud, they're not gonna stop as long as the show exists, and you all know it.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    What if Ash really says its goodbyes on battle frontier.

They may want to show Wes and Rui now. Wes seems cool.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Rukario_911 said:
    hi mystic trunks im sorry

Dude for the last time dont spam or I'm telling a mod!

Anyway, I really want Kasumi and Satoshi kiss and make up a=on the last eppy. They gotta do it. Thats the last piece they must put to end the adventures of Ashyboy. Anyone know whats the new region? Is it hoenn? :\

jc_rcw

:God:
    Years
    MysticTrunks said:
    Dude for the last time dont spam or I'm telling a mod!

Anyway, I really want Kasumi and Satoshi kiss and make up a=on the last eppy. They gotta do it. Thats the last piece they must put to end the adventures of Ashyboy. Anyone know whats the new region? Is it hoenn? :\

The region where the battle frontier is at is Kanto, and I want ash and misty to get together too.

Years
    Misty has to come back. I really think she is going to make a surprise return during the Battle Factory filler in Kanto. They are in Kanto after all. I don't know how far along they are in it now since I'm not form Japan and havn't watched them online either, but I have been saying from the get go that she will come back in the middle of the season or at the end of it and she will travel with Ash and co again. As for Tracey I don't really know what's going to happen with him. Then again I haven't given much thought to his character since I don't like him for obvious reasons. As for Ash and Misty getting together I think it will happen somewhere down the line in the Diamond/Pear Season and if they finally have a kiss it probably won't be until he becomes a Pokemon Master.

Last edited:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    I have a few theories as to the whole Misty thing. And I haven't read any articles regarding the Japanese version of Pokemon, but they're usually tight-lipped about these things anyway, so it probably doesn't make too much of a difference.

1: The occasional reunions with her hint at the fact that Japan hasn't forgotten about her. They could hint at the possibility of her returning in the future.

2: Pokemon changes its cast from time to time, so they might just be waiting to write off Brock, Max and May as well and add new people into the fray, or recall other characters.

3: My most dreaded theory: Misty has become a minor character in the series. If this is the case, one of two things will happen. She'll either become a rival later on, or she'll become Ash's main love interest.

I hope it's not #3, even though I'd like to see Ash and Misty get hitched.

Back