• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mmorpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shigeru

Your Owner ;)
Years
  • RuneScape, how lame. =3 But I too would like to see at least one screenshot. And a few questions.. We will be able to design our own characters, right? Who are the starting Pokemon? (You said Pallet Town was made so I'm guessing the Kanto starters) Can the players have jobs? And, do you think you'll end up quitting? I think it would be sort of hard making a MMORPG. Maybe not for you guys though..

TeNk

Banned User
    Years
  • make sure u guys make the pokemon game almost impossible to beat... I hate it when people make a mmorpg and make it so easy. You could make it like, fainting 200 pokemon thats the same level as your pokemon to gain a level.

Scyther

Te odeo interfice te cochleare
    Years
  • if im not mistaken there will be 3 reagens & u can become the champion and defend your title, not sure about anything else
    there will be pictures when the battle system is finnished

Booda Sack

Sphere Master
    Years
  • Sorry to sound mean or whatever but this sounds as though it is going nowhere.
    Every so often a pokemon mmorpg comes along and everything seems to be going fine but the OMG NITNEDNO HIT!!!.
    Which imo is just away of the people making the game to say they couldnt be bothered to continue.
    I'll believe it when I see it/play it.

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    I agree with booda. Cause there was another mmorpg thread started and the person never worked on it.

And in a MMORPG game it would take a long time to make Pallete Town and you don't have any pictures of the game.

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    (This was previously posted by me a while ago in another post)

I've long time invisioned the idea of an online pokemon game. Maybe it would be like this...

1. Trainers: You could fight preset trainers like in the games, or you can fight online trainers, in the field, or anywhere, for that matter.
    2. Doubles battles: You can team up with your friends to take on opponents online.
    3. Evolving storyline: The story could be updated daily, and the trainers of the online world could change the story just through their actions. Also, this evolving story could result in new regions being discovered.
    4. Houses and rooms: Might be tough, but taking the "Clubhouse" idea from Ruby/ Sapphire, people could customize their homes, and such.
    5. More interactive tournaments: Using the people from around the world playing pokemon, you can do many games. Imagine the bug catching contest with people from around the world!
    6. Gyms: Maybe, people can take control of gyms, if they become strong enough.
    7. Good vs Evil: You can play as Team magma, Aqua, Rocket, or the good guys. This results in daily story changes.
    8. Weather: The weather for online games could greatly affect the way certain events play out.
    9. Need for multiple trainers to beat specific areas: Exactly what it says here.
    10. Jobs: You can get a job, as multiple things, run a pokemart, be a nurse, be a professor, police, Mayor, President, Exec, ect...
    11. Chat: Talk to the people from around the world while on the field or in battle. Also, could receive and write mail via mailbox, or on your computer in the game, to recieve in game e-mail, or just mail in your mailbox.
    12. Trade pokemon and items.
    13. Listen to the radio of real world or pokemon world
    14. New areas to be discovered. In frequent updates, new areas can be added to the game.
    15. Start in Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, or another region as you make your way with people from around the world in the pokemon universe.
    16. Real world Calender: Real world events can affect what happens in the game. EX: Halloween is halloween in the game.
    17. Real world clock: Self explainatory.
    18. Exclusive pokemon on certain holidays. (Maybe)
    19. The addition of new pokemon to the game and an automatic update to your version of the game every time you go online.: With the update every time you go online in the pokemon universe, all stated earlier could be updated to your game, such as new regions and events, as well as, possibly, the addition of new pokemon.

20. I can keep going on, but I think you all get the jist of this. Would most likely take a dedicated team of game designers, graphics designers, ect to do it.

To sum this all up, an online pokemon game would be revolutionary, and the possibilities are endless. If someone was to do it, they should be commended around the pokemon, and gaming world.

Years
  • DMMP said:
    17. Real world clock: Self explainatory.
    Yeah and you could have a whole lot of different timezones and stuff.. Fully customizable..
    DMMP said:
    11. Chat:
    Well now we could have a whole email system going here.. Inbox for chat messages which can't be delivered to receiptants while they are offline.. Maybe a little friends menu for viewing who is/isn't online

Alright now for KM's opinion.. I think that it is indeed possible to do all of these things BUT I highly doubt that these guys are going to do it.. I have searched long and hard for a pokemon MMORPG before and found things like this.. These guys claim they can do all of this but have very limited knowledge on the actual subject.. when asked about test servers/screenshots, they either didn't respond or they changed the subject.. Hell I have even seen some who produced (very low quality) screenies just for show.. They however came up with the same old (Nintendo is after me!!!!!!) excuse.
    If you are actually serious about this then show us some screenshots.. This is a mmorpg, not Microsoft Paint... I very much doubt you completed the whole of pallet town in a few hours.
    What's this I've been hearing about a little TGC mini-game??? You can't just make a mini-game that complicated!!! The pokemon TGC game isn't a mini-game, It is a whole game within itself..

Ok if you guys are really serious about doing this then sorry, I find it a little hard to believe all of those things you said.. I went to your website... Very dissapointing..
    There is completely nothing there. I checked the staff menu option.. I see two of you are 14.. I have no comment. You should have a faq section on your website as well.. Which tells concerned people what type of tools you are using to make this apparently imaginary game.. Hell I'm 16 and I haven't even thought about making an online pokemon game with a dedicated server yet... I did have some plans for one but was no good at the coding, I needed a bit more work to go.. As I suspect you do.

Well that's enough of KM's opinion.. I think I wrote far too much

Years
    • Seen Apr 30, 2012
    I was thinking more on the line of chat, as in the union room. Also, maybe you could send and receive mail, like in the pokemon games. And, yes, time-zones would factor into a players experience.

Years
  • Booda Sack said:
    Sorry to sound mean or whatever but this sounds as though it is going nowhere.
    Every so often a pokemon mmorpg comes along and everything seems to be going fine but the OMG NITNEDNO HIT!!!.
    Which imo is just away of the people making the game to say they couldnt be bothered to continue.
    I'll believe it when I see it/play it.
    and so I

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    Hey can someone close this topic cause we all know the dude was a fake at making the MMORPG. So it should be closed.

santadidit102

GFX Artist
    Years
  • ok.....im lost.......but if this really is a mmorpg.......and it actually works....i cant wait!!....but if it isnt.....curse you liars.....that is if your lying

Ninja Tree

I turn 1 everyday
    Years
    • Age 16
    • Seen Aug 6, 2010
    santadidit102 said:
    ok.....im lost.......but if this really is a mmorpg.......and it actually works....i cant wait!!....but if it isnt.....curse you liars.....that is if your lying
    This thread was made a long time ago...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Well, I agree with the other members about this. Leader Ryu, if you have any new
    information concerning this project, please PM me or Darkmage to get this opened.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back