• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

mobile browser access

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 8, 2015
    Hi

Apologies in advance if I am posting this question in the wrong location or the answer is starring me in the face.

Is there a way to access the forum in a mobile browser friendly mode? I'm that technical but know I'm using safari on my iPhone 6. I may be asking for something that does not exist!

Thanks in advance

OTC

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm kinda wondering the same thing. I know PC at least used to have a mobile theme, but I haven't seen that one lately, unless it's name has been changed. My Phone generally loads Lets Fly Together.

Ammako

I hate you. You know who you are.
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    For the time being, there are some themes that are at least manageable while on mobile.
    I use Red's Flame 2008, and that one actually works okay. Not optimal like an actual mobile theme, but it works.
    Probably other ones too, but I've never really used another one. :p I know that the Let's Fly Together one is a little bit annoying to use for me on mobile, due to the bar at the top.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Fundamental is optimized, I believe.
    Would there be a way to make that one the default mobile theme? Maybe Let's Fly Together is the default for PC in general, so if it's not possible then oh well, but every time you mobilely check PC from new / different wifi spots (where you're logged out) you get Lets Fly Together.

I'm not sure if it's just me (?), but on my phone there's no way to change the theme. Going to the bottom and selecting it does nothing, and there's no drop down menu when you click on Controls at the top- it just doesn't do anything. I switched to Fundamental just now by manually putting "pokecommunity.com/usercp.php" into the address bar and then going to Style Switcher, but if you're newer to PC or forums in general you probably wouldn't know to do that. I know you guys are working on a mobile theme, but this is just feedback for the the mean time.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    The style you set through the switcher sets the style for that device, so you should be able to change to Fundamental on the mobile device and go from there.

What style were you using when you tried to change the style?
    It worked through the Switcher in the CP, no issues there~. I've got Fundamental up on my phone now.

I was just saying that unless I manually type in the "pokecommunity.com/usercp.php" into the address bar, there's no way to change themes away from the default.

Fly Together's style choosers at the bottom of the page, and Controls link up top don't work. At least not for me, nothing happened when I poked 'em. So I'm hoping that's not happening for others.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I use my iPhone 5, so it could just be my phone being weird. I couldn't click on the controls or anything. Though, I just brought the site up in a different browser on my PC and it defaults to Forever Standing. So I have no idea why my phone always defaults to Lets Fly Together and gets all messed up. x_x Might just be my issue to live with. I guess it's a good thing that you can't reproduce it. Means it's probably fine for others, too. lol

Back