• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen moderators

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phangy

Master
Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    ever notice that the moderators on here are kind jerks? I mean it's great they have all this going, but half the stuff keeps getting moved or locked cuz it's in the 'wrong place'. Be nice to know where you can post stuff. The Q&A is a complete mess, never seen anything about the challenge stuff. Clean thing up and problems will be solved, which means less work for them in the long run.

Killjoy

"He was a laser fish."
    Years
  • There are a few silly little rules that seem to exist to keep them from getting bored, but that's alright. Most of its the moderators keeping the forum from getting cluttered, which isn't easy on a big forum

It's their forum. Don't like it? Go somewhere else

Outlier

Tell us how you really feel thread starter. We can take it.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Yaaaay! A thread I can lock that's not about trading, team help, or a minor question about the games.

To keep it real short and sweet, there's actually a notice at the top of the forum in HUUUUUGE letters that tell members where to go when they want to trade, battle, etc. I'm not sure how some members tend to miss it, but I try not to dwell on it too much.

As a moderator, it's our job to keep our forum(s) of such a large community clean and kept together. That sometimes entails closing threads or moving them where they have to be. In a section like this specifically that's very active and fairly new, we as the moderators kind of have to do a little more work; hence why we've got three moderators keeping watch of the section. It's always busy and there are always members who will make a thread or post that otherwise fits elsewhere or isn't allowed / necessary. In that case, as a moderator, we help point out where they need to go or what they did wrong so they don't do it again in the future.

In all truthfulness, if members really took the time to look around the forum they would see we have different sections in the community that cover various needs and discussions. We have specific places for trading, battling, competitive battling and team help, and we have a forum specifically for challenges. Right at the top of the X/Y forum here we have a place for people to share their friend codes and ask for help on simple questions. They're all there and available if one took the time to look.

Anyway, I appreciate your feedback and I hope my response to you helps you understand how we work here as a community and moderators of the forum. If you'd like to give further feedback of staff here, there's a thread for that. Right in the Community Questions & Feedback forum you'll find the The Staff Feedback Thread! This is where something like your thread here would belong.

Again, I really hope I help cleared some things up for you here.

edit: This did not turn out short at all. Oops!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back