• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Monkey Island, Greatest Adventure game ever?

shwoop-de-wooper

3rd gen noob, 2nd gen legend!
    Years
    I am a big fan of all the Monkey Island games.
    Infact all of the Lucas Arts adventure games rock (Grim Fandango XD) but Monkey Island stands out for me.

They are probably the stupidest games ever but the first time you play them the puzzles get to you, you get really frustrated lol (e.g. Monkey Combat >.<)

Shame they're not making a new one until atleast 2008 =[

Apart from Pokemon (obviously) and Zelda I'd rate them the best games of all time. Also one of the few games screaming out for a movie that won't suck (¬_¬ Resident Evil)

Jack Sparrow ain't got nothin' on Guybrush Threepwood.

anyone agree?

Tombstone

The Gravekeeper
    Years
    Starwars can't compete with Monkey Island. Nothing can beat its in-game jokes.

"Look behind you, a three headed monkey!" *Takes item while person isn't looking"
    But there is going to be only one more game, since they already announced it in Monkey Island 4.

shwoop-de-wooper

3rd gen noob, 2nd gen legend!
    Years
    Starwars can't compete with Monkey Island. Nothing can beat its in-game jokes.

"Look behind you, a three headed monkey!" *Takes item while person isn't looking"
    But there is going to be only one more game, since they already announced it in Monkey Island 4.

lol. i love the murray gag.

just walking up to random skulls saying "murray?... guess not"
    my mates getting that tattooed on his arm. A random skull with Murray? written above it lol.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    I wouldn't say it's my favorite Adventure game, but yes, Monkey Island is amazing.

Tombstone

The Gravekeeper
    Years
    I guess its not the best ever.
    Speaking of Lucas Art Games, I also remember Maniac Mansion one and two.
    It's just too bad it's been 14 years since the last Maniac Mansion game and close to 8 since the last Monkey Island game.

Scarlet Weather

The Game is Afoot!
    Years
    Hmm... I haven't actually played any part of this game except the "I choose the banjo!" scene, but if the entire game is like that, I've gotta buy it.

Dragon Commando

I SUPPORT TEAM KABUTO!
    Years
    The Monkey Island games are just downright hilarious. My favorite one is The Curse Of Monkey Island.

Back