• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono Flying Team

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    I am currently building one up on Leaf Green and this time I wanted a real good one even if I gotta breed. I dont have a link cable so I can only use one Arial Ace and the pokemon offered in LG. These are the pokemon I currently have:

Fearow
    Farfetch`d
    Dodrio
    Jumpluff
    Yanma
    Aerodactyl.

I didnt say the movesets since I am still leveling them up and they dont have ones worth posting. Also if you think I should use other pokemon please say! Thanks =)

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Ok, thankyou! I think I will have Pidgeot instead of Fearow! Anyone got any other tips for me. I really would like the natures and items and remember I dont have a link cable so I can only get what you get on the game.

Doomhanger

Infusion
    Years
    Dodrio and fearow do pretty much the same thing, so use the better one, dodrio. It will help if u told us the planned movesets as well. Dont bother with yanma, because it has a cruddy moveset, go for something along the lines of gyarados, xatu or charizard, something that is a good special attacker.

Or u can even get a ninjask

Ninjask@leftovers
    -Baton Pass
    -Protect
    -Substitue
    -Swords Dace

This boosts your team's attack and speed, pretty useful.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Ooh, cool! I would use that 'cept as I said I cant trade =-=;; I am really bad at movesets but I will give you the planned ones....

Pidgeot
    @ ??
    Fly/Arial Ace
    Feather Dance
    Quick Attack
    Whirlwind

Dodrio
    @ ??
    Drill Peck
    Tri-Attack
    Agility
    ???

Jumpluff
    @ ???
    Sunny Day
    Solar Beam
    Synthesis
    ????(maybe attract?)

Xatu
    @ ???
    Psychic
    Wish
    Reflect
    Light Screen

Aerodactyl
    @ ???
    Ancient Power
    Double Edge
    Earthquake
    Flamethrower??

Butterfree(Ill use her....maybe)
    @ ???
    Silver Wind
    Giga Drain
    Psychic
    Safegaurd

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Doomhanger said:
    Or u can even get a ninjask

In Leaf Green? He said that he hasn't got a link cable and Ninjask is only obtainable in R/S/E.

Maybe give a try to Charizard(if Charmander was your starter), Gyarados and even Crobat.

Gyarados@Leftovers
    Dragon Dance
    Earthquake
    HP(Hidden Power) Flying
    Taunt

Crobat@Choice Band
    Poison Fang/Sludge Bomb
    Shadow Ball
    Steel Wing
    Aerial Ace(but if you only have one, then give it to Pidgeot instead)/HP Fighting/Ground

And a few suggestions for your other pokemon you currently have:

Pidgeot@Choice Band
    Aerial Ace
    Double Edge/Return
    Quick Attack
    Steel Wing/HP Ground/Fighting

Farfetch'd@Leftovers
    Swords Dance
    Agility
    Slash/Attract
    Baton Pass

Dodrio@Choice Band
    Drill Peck
    Return
    Quick Attack
    HP Ground/Fighting

Jumpluff@Leftovers

Annoyer moveset: Encore, Substitute, Sleep Powder, Leech Seed
    Attacking moveset: Sleep Powder, HP Flying, Swords Dance, Leech Seed

Yanma... It's not the best pokemon, but if you want to use it, give it Leftovers and be sure that it has Compoundeyes, because the following moveset only works if the accuracy of the moves get boosted:
    Hypnosis
    Supersonic
    Signal Beam
    HP Flying

Aerodactyl... probably the best pokemon from your team... Give it Choice Band and be sure that it has Rock Head and give it the following moveset:
    HP Flying
    Rock Slide/Ancient Power
    Earthquake
    Double Edge

It will be a bit hard to get all those Hidden Powers to be the right type and with a good damage, but if you don't have more than 1 Aerial Ace TMs then you should try to get the right ones.

Well, hope this helps and good luck!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    Oh thanks heaps! That would be really helpful. Hmm... how do I find out the HP?? Is there a simple way?

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    HP (Hidden Power) depends on the IVs(the individuals using it). It might be hard to get them and you won't know for sure what kind of HP has your pokemon got. In R/S/E is easy to find out but in Leaf Green you have to observe which pokemon is weak to it and which is resistant. Though any physical HPs would be better than any special ones. I suggest you to search on the net, there are some sites that can help you find out how to get the right Hidden Powers and it won't be that simple.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    awww *cries* T-T too hard... I know on R/S/E you just save the game infront of Kecleon and then get the pokes to attack it... **** this really will be hard!

Squarewalker

Have a nice day.
    Years
    Yes, because it's totally random and only depends on luck and on the Individual Values what type will the Hidden Power be and with how much attack power. The attack power usually varies from 30 to 70 and if you can get at least 55, then it will be quite good. So if you want it to be a certain type... you must be really lucky to get the right one and not with a low attack power.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Drowning Faith said:
    Fearow
    Farfetch`d
    Dodrio
    Jumpluff
    Yanma
    Aerodactyl.

too many normal types, and yanma is no good. dodrio, jumpluff, and aerodactyl are the only pokes who i like, with aerodactyl being your best poke.

i'd use:
    gyarados<--really not a flying type but since it's counted as one, why not?
    charizard<--not a particulary good poke or anything but i like. you need a special sweepert anyway and he can be a good one.
    dodrio<--best normal flying type
    jumpluff<--sleep powder user and can avoid leech seed
    aerodactyl<--your best poke
    skarm<--why not? you can use a tank

crobat can probably go somewhere.... you don't have enough special sweeperts so you're in trouble with you run into a physical tank like other skarms(charizard's your only counter).

gyarados@lum
    -dragon dance
    -taunt
    -earthquake
    -hp flying/aerial ace

charizard@salac
    -flamethrower
    -hp grass
    -dragon claw
    -endure/sub

dodrio@salac
    -sub
    -drill peck
    -flail <--sub 4 times to set up flail, sword dance when you get the chance
    -swords dance

jumpluff@leftover
    -sleep powder/leech seed
    -sub
    -swords dance
    -hp flying

aerodactyl@CB
    -hp flying
    -earthquake
    -rock slide
    -double edge?

skarmory@lefties
    -drill peck
    -spike
    -roar
    -rest

yeah, obviously not enough special sweeperts... you can also use a special tank yourself.... consider dragonite as a special/combo sweepert and salamence and flygon as they have better stats. there's also the legendary birds.......

Doomhanger

Infusion
    Years
    Dodrio@Salac berry

-Endure
    -Flail
    -Agility/Rest
    -Drill Peck

Oh, an sorry for the ninjask thing, didnt realise u weren;t playing netbattle

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    more like:

Dodrio@ Liechi
    ~Agility
    ~Endure
    ~Flail
    ~HP: Fighting/Rock/Ground/Ghost

BTW I'd add flygon (if you want to count it) for its rock resist and electric immunity and STABb'ed Earthquake

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    yea thats true but, flail is also STABed

rock and steel are resistant to fail so I figured you'd want to cover that more

if you go with HP: Fight as I suggest you do, beware of ghost types

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    too bad anything with bolt rapes this team. Anyway Swellow>Pidgeot.

Swellow@Salac Berry
    EVs:252 Attack, 252 Speed, 6 HP
    Nature:Adamant/Jolly
    Sub
    Reversal
    Return
    Aerial Ace/HP [Flying]/HP [Ground] (for Electric types)

Sexy Swellow, like my avatar lol!
    :P

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    I'm doing it as a challange and as a fun team ~-~;; Oh and can you get Skarmoury is LG? I thought you could only get it in FR... hmm. Well I know I'll use Dodrio, JUmpluff and Aerodactyl. Pokemon I cant use though...

Charizard, I started off with Bulbasaur and do not wanna reset the game.
    and all the others not in LG. So I cant use Flygon.... read lol =P I really would like to use Xatu and yeah... oh and for the others is there any other m/sets with-our the HP flying...

Back