• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono Flying Team

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    Mullet said:
    You get a AA TM.

Return gets stronger the more the poke likes you, that statment was correct, but it does have it's limits, it has a max power of 109.

102 I believe is the maximum

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Drowning Faith said:
    I'm doing it as a challange and as a fun team ~-~;; Oh and can you get Skarmoury is LG? I thought you could only get it in FR... hmm. Well I know I'll use Dodrio, JUmpluff and Aerodactyl. Pokemon I cant use though...

Charizard, I started off with Bulbasaur and do not wanna reset the game.
    and all the others not in LG. So I cant use Flygon.... read lol =P I really would like to use Xatu and yeah... oh and for the others is there any other m/sets with-our the HP flying...

well, you can get skarm if you trade with emerald that's for sure -_-;; maybe it's obtainable in LG but i dunno, i pretty much stopped catching pokemon after i beat Elite 4 and just went crazy on breeding bulbasaurs.

and you should have picked charizard if you wanted a mono flying team... though i guess it's hard to resist the cuteness that is bulbasaur, i would know.

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    this is an rmt not an mmt but, yea I'd use those pokemon and flygon for the last one since I'm cheap like that except dodrio over Fearow and Gyarados over Ninjask

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2005
    c_dog said:
    well, you can get skarm if you trade with emerald that's for sure -_-;; maybe it's obtainable in LG but i dunno, i pretty much stopped catching pokemon after i beat Elite 4 and just went crazy on breeding bulbasaurs.

and you should have picked charizard if you wanted a mono flying team... though i guess it's hard to resist the cuteness that is bulbasaur, i would know.

Well apart from the fact that Im only making this team out of bordem since I have finished the game.. lol when I started I didnt decide to make a mono team.

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2010
    Drowning Faith said:
    Well apart from the fact that Im only making this team out of bordem since I have finished the game.. lol when I started I didnt decide to make a mono team.

all the more reason to start a new game win charmander. i mean you've beaten the game and you're creating a new team anyway.. or you can always ask a friend to trade you one of their new born charmanders.

Years
    It's hard to effort train early on, though.

On a mono-flying team, Zapdos and Dragonite could fare pretty well, to at least partially cover that Electric weakness. Personally, I don't find that there are enough Flying-types to make for an interesting mono set. I'd do something like Steel or Electric. :)

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    there are less steel and less diverse electrics then there are flying types =/

charizard_maa

Queen Chair
    Years
    I don't know if this is a good idea but how about Gligar. You know that ground/flying type pokemon. He in nit effected to elelctric attacks. Could stal or something.

Just an idea.

Espy Psyche

General of Pokemon Defender
    Years
    Skarmory is obtainable in Sevault Canyon, I believe it is.
    E, I, R. Flying types must fear these. E I R means Electric, Ice, and Rock. Use a Fire/Fly to defend against Ice, a Ground/Fly or Flygon against Electric, and a Water/Fly against Rock. Yanma sucks. Any all Fly team needs Zard, Flygon, and Gyarados/Articuno. Skarmory is mostly unneeded if you use these. Dragons are good too, but the only one you can get is Dragonite. It can be used to protect against E also.

Hope this helps!

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    elitefour_protector said:
    a Water/Fly against Rock.

water/ fly is still weak to rock

Water/ fly takes neutral damage from ice so it should be used

and ground/fly takes care of electric and rock very nicely

husk1442

needs more [i]Mod[/i]
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 3, 2009
    with gyarados's base 60 special attack
    I'm quite sure a few rock types could take its surf

stopping rock types isn't the point. Stopping rock type moves from messing up your team is the point. Pokemon like salamence who is a rock type can also use rock slide. Which is why flygon is IMO more useful to stop rock type attacks

Mullet

Banned
    Years
    Husk is right. Mence can take his Surf, and outspeeds Gyarados when neither have a Speed boosting nature. Mence uses Rock Slide gg Gyarados. Even if Gyarados, had a Speed boosting nature and max Speed EVs, Mence outspeeds him with 212 Speed EVs, or 252 Speed EVs..:P

Last edited:
    Back