• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Mono... I mean, UU Metal/Color Gen Challenge

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Went approves of the following message:

K guys, we're going to try something different. Using the tier lists from Smogon, you're going to try to complete one of the 6 (7 if you count Green) games using only Pokemon from the UU tier. Here's the links to the tier lists. It contains the Pokemon you may use for this challenge:
    RBY UU List
    GSC UU List

Here's the deal about this thing:
    • You're going to have to be picky about which Pokemon you choose. For example, Mantine just plain sucks in GSC. Don't use it unless you're feeling brave or just want to play faves. Be strategic with your roster.
    • Movesets, movesets. Flamethrower/Fire Blast/Ember/Fire Punch is a terrible moveset, even in-game.
    • You're going to have to level up these Pokemon higher than you normally would.
    And about HM Slaves:
    • You may have up to 2 HM Slaves.
    • They must either be UU Pokemon or Pokemon that evolve into UU Pokemon. They cannot be Pokemon that are BL, OU, or Uber, nor can they evolve into any Pokemon on those tiers. Just look at the UU list. If a Pokemon's there, or its evolution is there, it can be used as an HM slave.
    Now, use this thread to state your progress, team and such. Good luck! I might participate; I dunno yet.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2013
    Wow, after looking at that list, I can easily run thru Pokemon Blue with Blastoise, Pideot, and Rapidash. Do you mind if I trade over a lvl 5 Ponyta so I don't have to wait the WHOLE game to get Rapidash?

This could be fun.

Back