• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mono Teams

Years
    • Seen Jun 19, 2008
    Could you please read and learn your Pokemon.

1. I said ADV.
    2. Lanturn has Volt Absorb.

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I said Lanturn will fall from a GRASS TYPE ATTACK. PAY ATTENTION. You said " at least ADV", so that also means up and above. So don't get snippy with me. I am tired of arguing. If you wanna use a mono-team, go ahead. I give up. Defend them all you like.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2008
    I like the gimmick of Mono teams and whatnot but logically it'd be hard to win with a mono team consistently (especially against some of the OU Pokemon out there). But hey, it's all in good show, themes are very fun. ^_^

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Fighting works good:
    Poliwarth, Lucario, Toxicroak, Heracross, Medicham/Gallade, Blaziken/Infernape.

Toxicroak owns Alakazam and Gengar.

sims796

Years
    I'll assume you mean in plain ole' casual play rather than real copetitive play. Psychic can (and will) tear this team apart.

I'm not saying they are bad, hell, mono-teams are fun to use. But they aren't meant to be played for true, compettitive play. I tried. Had a few wins here and there. But as I said plenty times, I would never enter a tournament with them.

EDIT:Gallade and Psyco Cut, anyone?

sims796

Years
    Infernape, Medicham and Lucario pwn Gallade.

But then they would get beat by Alakazam. Or Slowking. Or Metagross. Hell, even my Reflect-protected Noctowl could (and did, somehow) beat those three.

I don't get why everyone is defending mono-teams. They aren't all that great. If a versitile team, well protected, could lose, why is a team of all fighting types any better?

Ethereal and Sanjay was at least close, but even they admitted that mono-teams are novelty.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    That's the point. Would you actually fight any of those Pokemon with a fighting mono team? They're just for fun, people! But some people actually fight tournaments with them.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2007
    Because Bruno of the Elite 4 uses Fighting pokémons. He is the E4. You are not.

:\ J/K. Mono types aren't perfect, but they work and winning is much more satisfatory.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    No, they win depending on who you fight. Most of all, mono teams lose. If you use a mono team and never lose, chances are, everyone else just sucks.

sims796

Years
    Thank you Wooty. Remember, even if you use a mono team that could win against its weakness, many, many trainers wont be using mono-teams. They will have pokes who know moves that will counter your mono-team.

If you win, it ain't because you made a sucessful SINGLE TYPE team, it's because you're oppenent sucks.

And Portujesus, is j/k joking? I always had trouble with abreviations.

Avolition

TEN THOUSAND FISTS
    Years
    1. I think there should be a mono tournament so we see who wins.
    2. Even if a type wins one time, it might lose the next. It depends on who you fight.
    3. j/k means just kidding.

Astere

Trying to get better ^_^;
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jul 15, 2007
    wow to think my topic got so many posts o_o

Back