• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

moohasart

Hi. You are good. That is all.

Could I wear that space tag? That is awesome. I'll give you moar CnC later, but for now I just gots to say I completely disagree with Gav's comment from December 21st: First off, there is nothing inherently bad about flopping from style to style. Also, your best tag is not our collab, but it's probably one of the last two you made. Lastly your LP is amazing (lack of focal? the girl mebe? lol), great effects, composition and i always love your lighting. Well done.

Happy new year. Stay classy.

moments.

quixotic
Years
  • finally someone who shares my mindset XP

Thanks for the comments, and yes, wear the space tag, but I will link you a somewhat more finished version because I tweaked colours a tiny bit and it looks better methinks.

Years
    • Seen today
    Hey bb, here to drop some critique on some of your latest stuff.

Let's start with your B.O.B tag. Just as a side note before the uh, center note, I seen them live before I even heard of any of their stuff other than Airplanes haha, pretty wild. Anyway, this tag is really super, I have to admit. The smudging is super, though I feel it's a little specific, I think you could have blended the background better with the smudging, the flow is great but it's too clear, and it's not carrying enough of the tag and it makes the effects feel a little too heavy and they stand out a little too much, which actually takes away from the focal. You're aware that the focal is what you should always concentrate on in a tag, and you've done so, but it's a very pro mistake what you've done, it's just in blending and taking into consideration the fact that your effects can't be too heavy or they'll bring the focus a little off point. And here, it's only a little off point. See the black in the shades? Cut that out and do something more interesting with the space, just a thought. Text is pretty good, slightly unreadable but you have the positioning right, and the font well, again slightly off point, I think you could have went with a more bold font, you would have gotten away with it here in this tag. Other than that, just a few small details, like I think you should concentrate on your tag colour quality and making the stock stand out a little more if possible and you've got something fantastic on your hands. Great tag though buddy, no denying it.

Your space tag, it seriously lacks as it doesn't really have much going for it. I know it's a WIP, but add some depth, more interesting shapes and make it look less like an MS Paint doodle and more like some conceptual vector art. Text is a little too plain too, and your palette could be made a little more interesting by contrasting colours. Think up some concepts and ideas for what you want, and try create them.

Also when it comes to what CT said about flooping firstly, progress wise, moving around can hamper growth, is all, not a bad thing, just an observation, and however I still retain my crit on the LP and such, still completely valid, though I still think a lot of your work is great, but when I CnC sometimes, the bad outweighs the good in my comments, but you're used to that by now moom xD

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments, update time, all requests from the shop Gav and I are running. Go and request? xD

moohasart

moohasart

(left relatively empty and few effects because it was a CSS tag.)

moohasart

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Just some C&C from your ol' pal, me.

https://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/dasracist.png
    I'm not too sure on this, and I can't quite explain it, but it just doesn't appeal to me. I don't know why it doesn't but it just doesn't. I'm loving the effects you're using with the font and all, and that part looks really good. I like to think it shows that you know about your colour schemes. Not sure that that green thing is meant to be on the side, and it looks a bit random. The diagonal white lines look nice and show the flow that the signature is meant to give, and I like it.

https://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/togetherforever.png
    Of all your newest pieces of work this is by far my favourite. The burn-looking effects you've done to it look nice and the colouration/saturation looks really good with the image as well. I can understand the emptiness in the tag is for CSS, but I think the clouds in that area make up for that. The font looks really good and works well with the tag. I think maybe if you tried the burn-effects over the top of the next that you'd get a much better blend with the tag and text. My only problem is I think there's a little over-shadowing in the bottom-left corner, and it looks a bit iffy to me.

https://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/foreverstanding.png
    My least favourite of the bunch, and all because of the text. I feel as if it looks too strong in composition with the rest of the tag, and stands out, or even distracts you from the focal point, which is something you really want to avoid in graphics. The colouration and effects look nice, but I think even then, with a lot going on within the stock, that effects seem dismal within the tag. I feel as if the text coul've been placed differently, as it looks as if you've made it the darkest thing on the tag and thrown it on the lightest place, which doesn't look that great. Maybe use a lighter colour, or even go with the overlay and make a duplicate of the font text to get the darker colour, and so it doesn't overpower the focal point of the tag.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments!

So I took a break cause I lost motivation and got bored of my own stuff becoming generic and stuff. And now I've done a couple of pieces since then and hopefully I can pick up more and pump out some content.

moohasart

And an alternative,
    moohasart

moohasart

rockeymon

Real life Silver Shirubaa
    Years
  • You have some pretty good stuff. I am learning to do stuff like this and hope to one day be able to make use of it lols.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • You probably know my feelings for both those awesome new tags. I WUV 'em! <3

Seriously though, like I might've said earlier, it doesn't seem like there might've been too big of a difference if you would've chopped off a little from the left side. Its just empty space which just doesn't look like its all that necessary, imo. Apart from that, I can't really pick out any fault in that tag. Colors look good too. All in all, a great tag. The second one, even if you think it might be the weird version/eeky version or whatever, it looks good. Just that the first one is probably sorta closer to the tags you usually do when compared to the second one. You surely went all out while experimenting in the second one, moo! XD; Just saying that because I can't remember seeing any tag which resembled that in any way. Totally different & unique.

As for the LP, it looks really nice too. Only thing is that...I'm not entirely sure what that is. From the looks of it, it seems like a woman in a wedding gown or something. But the right part..I'm not entirely able to get what that is. :P

At the end of this post, I'd just say that I'm sorry I couldn't say much in detail about your work. Just that I'm not all that 'knowledgeable'. Lack of knowledge prevents me from saying moar stuff. :P

Years
    • Seen today
    Can I like, totally wear this? It is the sex, boy. I love it, by far your best tag combo to date. Totally ripping others' style, but whatever, still a great great tag bro.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • You have some pretty good stuff. I am learning to do stuff like this and hope to one day be able to make use of it lols.
    Thanks for the comments! If you want to learn some of the effects I use, you can download my textures pack here and use them on stuff you make.

You probably know my feelings for both those awesome new tags. I WUV 'em! <3

Seriously though, like I might've said earlier, it doesn't seem like there might've been too big of a difference if you would've chopped off a little from the left side. Its just empty space which just doesn't look like its all that necessary, imo. Apart from that, I can't really pick out any fault in that tag. Colors look good too. All in all, a great tag. The second one, even if you think it might be the weird version/eeky version or whatever, it looks good. Just that the first one is probably sorta closer to the tags you usually do when compared to the second one. You surely went all out while experimenting in the second one, moo! XD; Just saying that because I can't remember seeing any tag which resembled that in any way. Totally different & unique.

As for the LP, it looks really nice too. Only thing is that...I'm not entirely sure what that is. From the looks of it, it seems like a woman in a wedding gown or something. But the right part..I'm not entirely able to get what that is. :P

At the end of this post, I'd just say that I'm sorry I couldn't say much in detail about your work. Just that I'm not all that 'knowledgeable'. Lack of knowledge prevents me from saying moar stuff. :P
    :D
    Seeing posts with this many words makes me happy!
    But yeah, thanks a lot! That first tag I went sorta going for 'good' tag result, and the other one I just literally did random stuff I'd never done before. Worthwhile? Definitely.

Yeah the 'LP' is a woman in a massive puffy white dress. ;)

Can I like, totally wear this? It is the sex, boy. I love it, by far your best tag combo to date. Totally ripping others' style, but whatever, still a great great tag bro.
    Yes you may wear it super Gav. Honestly, it means a lot to me that you'd want to wear something of mine. Makes me feel nice and whatnot. :D
    If I ripped style, I didn't mean to (besides the numbers, blatant rip from vVintage / Tiny) ;)

Thanks everyone for the comments though! I'm going to be away for a few days, so when I get back, I will try churn out more art!

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • So you've probably seen these pieces in that blog entry I did, but posting here for real comments on them... :P

moohasart

moohasart

In a night's work. :D Experimenting with different styles and effects and stuff.

Also an LP here. Basically just colour / atmosphere changes. I don't like to go crazy with effects in LPs.

moohasart

Original image here:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    Spoiler:

Moom, take out the barely visible focal and we've got a texture here. This isn't a generic graphic piece however so I've gotta hand that to you. It's rather out there. But in the graphics world, this does not stand out, it looks more like a well accomplished painting. I think you should have done more about that focal, she's not very visible, and I also feel that the colours are just a little too murky and monotonous. Though, see that blue and orange you got going on there? Brownie points for that, because they are super perfect contrasted colours, there's a reason you see blue and orange used LOADS on DVD covers, games in movies and such, because they flow so well. If you're ever stuck for colours, mess with mixing those two together.

I think if you made the focal just pop out of all those effects like they were surrounding here, you might have come out with a better composition if executed well. At any rate, if you're gonna do more with this style, just take those into account.

Spoiler:

I wouldn't be a big fan of this. Did you used a gradient map for the rainbow effect here? If so it really shows, if you didn't, try making things looks less uniformed and organised when it comes to colour, I don't think they all flow into each other well enough. Again the focal is just swamped here, and it's really pointless. Eh, not one of your best works, the colours and use of stock just threw me off a lot. Try redoing the colours as they're too heavy. A new layer set to colour with brushing of colours would do this better but not so saturated. I like the background effects, the text and everything though, it's just the colours that kill this completely.

Spoiler:

When it comes to LP's this is where people start, but what you've just done, is where they end, because it's too easy, and you've conquered it. So move on, use your ability and move on to doing more challenging and conceptual LP's, they take time to get good at, but you will. The bokeh effect is great though, did you do that yourself or use textures?

Greatly sharpened and coloured, and you made this look like 3D work and not a drawing. I was surprised when I seen the original image. Great work, but just a tad simple for an LP and I'm sure you know that, I'd just like to see you push on for relying on one stock alone. As you have the ability.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments Gav!

Anyways, I've been doing a few icons cause I never really did them properly, so just a few here as well as some LPs I've been working on. Expect less tags from now, just because I think I'm moving on...

moohasart
    moohasart
    moohasart

moohasart
    moohasart
    moohasart

Pokemon icons were pretty hit and miss, but yeah.

moohasart

Spoiler:

That second one is from scratch. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • Spoiler:

You do a fair job with stock icons compared to the Pokémon icons as shown. If I had to say anything, it's that your icons come out a bit dark in certain areas. However, your coloring is really nice. I couldn't say the same with the Pokémon icons though. You have nice positioning on them, but there isn't anything that really makes it stand out. First look, I would just say it was cropped into a 100 x 100 layer with no added effect. Not sounding harsh, but you should try and play around with anime and fanart when it comes to making them into icons. Play with the colors, effects, and even try adding in textures so it's given some sort of perspective rather than a flat look.

Spoiler:

You're quite good with large pieces. This clearly shows that. I think it's time you take the next step up and really start playing with effects more and adding certain textures to make the piece more appealing to the eye. Make it more than just a large piece picture, but something that can stand out in the graphic art world.

Spoiler:

I love this. It's as simple as that. When I first looked at it, a lake, sunset, starlight, forest and fire all came into mind here. And the clarity of it all, how easy I could picture it was breathtaking. Some may say this is probably too simple, but I love it. One of your best original pieces in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    Your latest graphics are looking fabulous, and it seems you have improved in icon making more from last time I dropped by here. Bro, keep up the good work I love your style and colorings in graphics. :3

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • As I've always said, it's a lot hard to critique good stuff instead of bad, but I'll give it my best.

https://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee207/mattimogalli/umbrella.png
    I've liked how you've brang out the bold colours within the icon, such as the greens and the red, and I applaud you for that, but I think this icon is a little too dark for my taste. I can really tell you've tried using darkening techniques to bring out the focal point in the tag and I don't think it works too well, considering it looks like a happy sunshine day. The sky looks a little too dark as well, like you've tried to make it look like it's heading into a night-time state or something. Maybe if you just brightened it up a little bit, then it would be a much better icon.

Back