• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Declassified Documents

Jack O'Neill

Banned
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015

More Declassified Documents [A Graphics Gallery]

Updated 18 September 2010

OVERVIEW

I've been in the graphics business since November 2008. I used to have another image gallery here, but it fell into disrepair. I've done some more work since then, though I honestly don't think I've improved much. I'll go through the old archives and try to dig up what graphics I can so I can exhibit them here. In the meantime, enjoy some of my more recent work.

All my graphics were made using GIMP 2.4.6. I seriously need to update.

RULES AND REGULATIONS

1. Don't steal. Just don't.
    2. This is just a gallery, so don't pester me with requests. Go get other people to make graphics for you; they're probably better at it than me anyway.
    3. If you don't have anything constructive to say, don't say it at all.
    4. Follow the general rules and regulations of this forum.

MY WORK SINCE JULY 2009 [in no particular order]

1. Remilia and Flandre Scarlet - Touhou Project
    Spoiler:

In retrospect, I probably should have toned down the red filters. I don't think the outlines worked particularly well, either. Oh well.

2. Alfred F. Jones and Liberty Prime - Hetalia: Axis Powers and Fallout 3
    Spoiler:

Scan lines were a favorite technique of mine back in the day. In retrospect, I should have either toned down the opacity considerably or removed them entirely. Also, the text probably could have used some work.

3. Rise Kujikawa - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
    Spoiler:

This is actually my first banner with a height below 300px; while it actually started out as 300px in height, I decided that it'd look better with 50px trimmed from the bottom. I also decided to take the opportunity to get some use out of those circle textures. I actually liked the end result.

4. Naoto Shirogane - Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
    Spoiler:

I also like how this one turned out. It makes a good complement to the Rise banner, seeing as it's essentially a palette and character swap of said banner (with some extra tweaking).

5. Perrine H. Clostermann - Strike Witches
    Spoiler:

I was actually inspired by an entry in Christina/Siggy's blog to make something Perrine-related. However, unlike Siggy's four-minute Perrine tag, my Perrine tag took me at least two hours of work divided over approximately three days.

6. Sanae Kochiya - Touhou Project
    Spoiler:

In its incomplete form, this was the last graphic I had posted to my old gallery before it shut down. Which version is better?

7. Lyndon B. Johnson, William Westmoreland, and Nguyen Cao Ky
    Spoiler:

My attempt at emulating this tutorial. I don't think my attempt at cropping and retouching the actual picture of Johnson, Westmoreland, and Ky (available at Wikimedia Commons) for use in this graphic went too well, though; it's too dark, and there's a whole lot of empty space.

8. ROCS Tang Yan and ROCS Lo Yang
    Spoiler:

Another variation on that same tutorial, this time using Mecha Musume and a Kang Ding class frigate. If you've visited my LJ recently, this is the header image. Unlike the previous graphic, I'm actually pretty satisfied with how this one turned out.

9. Tsumugi Kotobuki, Ritsu Tainaka, Mio Akiyama, Azusa Nakano, and Yui Hirasawa - K-On!
    Spoiler:

Technically, this was made before the Rise banner, but I didn't upload it until now. I'm also pretty satisfied with how this one turned out.

Last edited:
    Back