• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen More difficult than Elite Four? (FireRed)

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    I'm going to beat the Elite Four soon on FireRed by the skin of my teeth, and there isn't really anything to do except for beat them over and over again and level up other Pokemon using the Exp. Share, so you can in turn beat them with those Pokemon.

I think it was on Gold and Silver version where you could go deep into a mountain and fight "Red" who was Ash basically, he had like a level 95 Venusaur, Blastoise, Charizard. A level 100 Pikachu, and thats all I remember. And he was like the TOP dog of that game, moreso than the Elite Four. I was wondering if there was anything like this for FireRed or if I'm doomed to the monotony of destroying the Elite Four in as many different ways as I can?

Charmageddon

Charizard has evolved into ^
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2016
    1) Red's Pikachu was lvl. 81 in GSC, and 86 in HGSS. His other Pokemon were all in the 70s.
    2) No, there's nothing like Red in FRLG.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • Do the Sevii Island mystery and try to catch Mewtwo without MasterBall. That is challenging.
    Red's Pikachu is 81 in G/S/C and 88 in HG/SS. Venusaur, Charizard and Blastoise are in 80's in HG/SS whereas in G/S/C they are 76

Greeeny

Yes, that's three E's.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 29, 2011
    There are some decent trainers on the sevii islands you can battle, not to forget they'll get stronger the more times you use the VS Seeker against them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Thanks for the tips.

Guess it doesn't matter though because I'm playing on an emulator and after I defeat the Elite Four it won't let me save.

Great.

NecromancingSaga

Dreaming LOVELY BOY
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 1, 2011
    Thanks for the tips.

Guess it doesn't matter though because I'm playing on an emulator and after I defeat the Elite Four it won't let me save.

Great.

if you did configure the emulator (put the save option to flash 128) you can save, but if you configure afeter already do some advance you will have to start again.

Years
    • Seen Oct 4, 2009
    Well that really sucks cause I care just not quite enough to start the entire game over. =(

Thats really really sucky.

Know what sucks the worst? I actually own FireRed and Ruby but I played on an emulator because I let a kid borrow my GBA SP a long time ago and he never returned it. It was even that cool paint job so it looked like it was the old school NES.

Damnit.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • If you battle the Elite Four a second time, they have a different team and are higher leveled. I don't think it gets any higher than that, though. And personally, I find Trainer Tower to be a bore, but it is a challenge. Guess you could always do that.

Josh B

You better slam her dizzy!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2009
    awesome stuff.. that mewtwo thing.. i tried w.o master balls.. gotta say it takes.. alot of patience haha

hi fi wi fi

Retired Poke master
    Years
  • No im afraid theres not but you can go into a cave after you beat the elite 4 and catch mewtwo ! That will be something kinda fun to do :]

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • just stiick to the exp share, or just battle alot of cool trainers using the Vs seeker, that way you get a lot of cash and experience

Back