• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More Legendaries by the Gen!

Umbr3on

Ouchie..*
Years
    • Seen May 23, 2008
    I know, some of you are thinking what a fool he is, there will always be new legendaries every generation. However I'm talking about the number of new legendaries every generation.

Kanto there was Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo and Mew(5 pokemon)

Johto there was Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-Oh and Celebi(6 Pokemon)

Hoenn there was Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi and Deoxys(10, doubling the original 5)

and now Sinnoh has Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia , Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and finally Arceus.(A wooping 13 legendaries)

At this rate the legendary name wont be so legendary, they will have so many legendaries that it will doimate the regular pokemon(nowonder so maybe ppl use legendaries in battles) .I think they should tone down abit. What are you thoughts on this?

Edit, this refers to both game and anime.

Last edited:

diamondpearl876

you can breathe now. x
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 25, 2022
    I never, ever thought legendaries were legendary.

I've always thought that pokemon who could only be obtained through events were legendary. It'd be even better if no one would hack them, or use glitches.

How can a Pokemon be legendary when millions of people around the world have it? Yes, there's only one in the game of them, but Rotom and Spiritbomb and Snorlax and all that crap aren't legendaries either.

I'm probably the only one who thinks that, but whatever.

Rebellious Treecko

The coolest.
    Years
  • Being a legendary dosen't have to mean that there can only be a few of it's category in the world.
    I like the fact that there's more legendarys by the generation,
    and how they look more original too. (I hope that the 5th gen has lots of unique and cool-looking ones.)

Years
  • I agree with u all. :/ They're just legendaries because (in the game) they're almost impossible to catch without a masterball. Well of course, like Eternal Smasher said it's cool that they're more original, but they don't really seem that legendary anymore...

Umbr3on

Ouchie..*
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2008
    thats what i mean, the more and more legendaries the less they focus on regular pokemon, i mean look at Nosepass, and Bidoof, the look like they had no thought in making them.

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • I say stick with the three game titlers, add two or three dogs/birds/whatever Azelf and co. are, thats 5 or 6. Then add 1 or 2 event pokemon. thats 6-8. And for a sub plot they could add another 1 or 2. That would be a total of 7-10. That seems like a fair nomber to me counting event pokemon. as much as I love catching the "vocano protectors," like Heatran we don't really need them. Plus thats what the three dog/bird/Azelf and co. legendaries are for half the time.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Mr.May16 basically said what I'd agree to. 13/14 legendaries is just too much in my opinion. For the next generation they should tone it down. I swear, when I first saw the list of DP Pokemon, I litterally said to myself, "Wow, it seems like half the new Pokemon are legendaries!"

Waffle-San

Blue-Steel
    Years
  • Mr.May16 basically said what I'd agree to. 13/14 legendaries is just too much in my opinion. For the next generation they should tone it down. I swear, when I first saw the list of DP Pokemon, I litterally said to myself, "Wow, it seems like half the new Pokemon are legendaries!"

If you are counting new ideas and not new evolutions then they are basically half of the new ones, i still love the game and series though, nothing can change that.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I think it's stupid. :| My friend and I were talking about it at lunch a while ago and it's just too much of a hassle to have that many legendaries. I liked it back in RBY when there were only a select few legendary Pokémon to collect--now in D/P you've got almost 15 and that's just too much.

I don't care that everyone has a chance to get them; they can still be legendary to me if there's just the one in the game. But the fact that every legendary is eclipsed by all the other legendaries is annoying. In RBY, there were five. Each one seemed pretty important. But in D/P? There are too many. You find one and just thing "oh, another legendary" and there's no excitement in it because you've already got about 10 other legendaries over the course of the game. -_-;

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2012
    I agree, I love the improvement of design in each generation but it's too much...they should otne it down. before we know it we'll have 493 legandaries and 3 normals...

--now in D/P you've got almost 15 and that's just too much.

Actually there're 34...

Last edited:

Umbr3on

Ouchie..*
    Years
    • Seen May 23, 2008
    Sinnoh has Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia , Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus am i missing some???

Years
  • I agree that they're going a bit overboard on the legendaries. But as the plots of Pokemon games get more complicated, I guess they feel they have to add in all these Pokemon to contribute to the storyline. Back in Red and Blue, the whole story was basically "become a Pokemon Master", and the legendaries were kind of just... there. Then in Gold and Silver, we had this whole story about Lugia and Ho-oh and the legendary dogs/beasts. And in Ruby and Sapphire, we had this huge plot about Groudon/Kyogre... which got even bigger in Emerald.

I kind of don't want to know how many legendaries they're going to have in the next generation if there is one...

MasterZ

The Unbeatable Viking of Fury
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2008
    Sinnoh has Uxie, Mesprit, Azelf, Dialga, Palkia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Cresselia , Manaphy, Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus am i missing some???

Yeah, you forgot Phione (Manaphy's pre-evo).

Years
  • i agree 13 new ledgends, 3 of which are almost the same, uxie, azelf, mesprit. but its alot more exciting to have more ledgends. the orignal 5 ledgends were boring, the newer ledgends are more creative, with new types and abilities.

Back