• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] More than 16 colors for type icon?

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    Could someone help me figure out how to allow the pokemon Type Chart to have more than 16 colors for FireRed?

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2019
    As far as I know, you're stuck with a 16 colour palette. Any more would require ASM to allow the game to read past the 16th colour.

I think ShyRayq meant that in order for the game to read more than 16 colors, you would have to either modify the ASM code for the original Pokemon Summary GUI or make a Pokemon Summary GUI from scratch to replace the original one.

What I've been trying to find is the original ASM source code for that GUI (in FireRed)... although I haven't had any luck finding it so far. If someone could help me locate it I would very much appreciate it.

Back