• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

More than 3 movies for DPP?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Its very possible that they could introduce a Gen V pokemon. I mean they showed us Notched Ear, which could very well be a new gender difference. So I mean, they could very well give us a new one. I mean we are coming to the tail end of Sinnoh. By the time the movie is out, Ash will have at least seven (if not more and competes in the leage) badges. I mean if they are going to introduce the new generation, they might as well start now.

I completely agree with what Akio has just said here...

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    Its very possible that they could introduce a Gen V pokemon. I mean they showed us Notched Ear, which could very well be a new gender difference. So I mean, they could very well give us a new one. I mean we are coming to the tail end of Sinnoh. By the time the movie is out, Ash will have at least seven (if not more and competes in the leage) badges. I mean if they are going to introduce the new generation, they might as well start now.

That... Notched Eared-Pichu could have just as easily have been a hint at a Johto Remake. Heck, for all we know, it could have also been a super-secret unlockable exclusive to Platinum. I wouldn't really go that far to say that Pichu is a hint at Gen V. Maybe if there was, you know, an ACTUAL Gen V pokemon released, something we DEFINITELY can't get in the current games, be it actual Generational games or Remakes of older Generations, Like Lucario or Togepi when they debuted. The time where Pichu was unveiled would have been a perfect time to unleash an actual Gen V pokemon rather than some old Gen-II Pokemon with a slight tweak in the ear that could have just as easily meant a remake for Gen II.

Ebon Blade: The Press releases pretty much stated that it will be the last DP movie (or rather, the last of the DP trilogy. I'm pretty sure if they wanted Gen IV to continue, they would have said Sinnoh Trilogy so they won't be concerned about making us think it's the last movie in the DP series.)

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
    That... Notched Eared-Pichu could have just as easily have been a hint at a Johto Remake. Heck, for all we know, it could have also been a super-secret unlockable exclusive to Platinum. I wouldn't really go that far to say that Pichu is a hint at Gen V. Maybe if there was, you know, an ACTUAL Gen V pokemon released, something we DEFINITELY can't get in the current games, be it actual Generational games or Remakes of older Generations, Like Lucario or Togepi when they debuted. The time where Pichu was unveiled would have been a perfect time to unleash an actual Gen V pokemon rather than some old Gen-II Pokemon with a slight tweak in the ear that could have just as easily meant a remake for Gen II.
    Where did I say there was not going to be an actual Gen V? Did I say "notched ear Pichu IS a Gen V?" No, I said it could hint to one. you could be right as well. For all we know they could be adding a generation V pokemon to the movie or even in the short.

GreatLiver

man, myth, stud
    Years
    I would have to say that it is beyond a question of doubt in my mind that there will be more than 3 movies of DPPt. Yes, Sinnoh does seem to be wrapping up, but we have at this point had no mention of Gen V. Something else is going to happen with the anime before the start of the 5th gen, be it johto, battle frontier, or elite four arcs. There is absolutely no way that Ash, and whoever he travels with for the 5th gen will be happening come July 2010. Movie 12 will be happening right around the tail end of Sinnoh, but movie 13 will undoubtedly happen during some kind of filler arc.

Think about it, if they were to somehow manage to start the gen V anime by summer '10, it would have to be most likely at the very beginning. I would have to say that the best bet is that Ash will do the same thing he always does and leave his pokemon with Oak and get some new female companion. The movie would then be taking place when the characters had about 3 pokemon each, hardly useful when quelling legendary pokemon or what have you.

The pokemon probably won't be from the 4th generation simply because we're running out of 4th gen legendaries. The only one i could see it being is Heatran if the filler arc ends up being about a battle frontier located on the same island as Stark Mountain. Every generation thus far, bar the first, has had at least one movie before its actual release with a pokemon from that generation.

About the 12th movie being the last for DPPt, that's a lie. It will, I'm sure, be the last movie to take place in Sinnoh and therefore be the last movie about the main Sinnoh legendaries. Movies 10, 11, and 12 will make up a Sinnoh trilogy, but it won't be the only movies for DPPt. Movies 8 and 9 were both AG while starring gen IV pokemon, so the same will very well happen with DPPt.

Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2020
    I would have to say that it is beyond a question of doubt in my mind that there will be more than 3 movies of DPPt. Yes, Sinnoh does seem to be wrapping up, but we have at this point had no mention of Gen V. Something else is going to happen with the anime before the start of the 5th gen, be it johto, battle frontier, or elite four arcs. There is absolutely no way that Ash, and whoever he travels with for the 5th gen will be happening come July 2010. Movie 12 will be happening right around the tail end of Sinnoh, but movie 13 will undoubtedly happen during some kind of filler arc.

Think about it, if they were to somehow manage to start the gen V anime by summer '10, it would have to be most likely at the very beginning. I would have to say that the best bet is that Ash will do the same thing he always does and leave his pokemon with Oak and get some new female companion. The movie would then be taking place when the characters had about 3 pokemon each, hardly useful when quelling legendary pokemon or what have you.

The pokemon probably won't be from the 4th generation simply because we're running out of 4th gen legendaries. The only one i could see it being is Heatran if the filler arc ends up being about a battle frontier located on the same island as Stark Mountain. Every generation thus far, bar the first, has had at least one movie before its actual release with a pokemon from that generation.

About the 12th movie being the last for DPPt, that's a lie. It will, I'm sure, be the last movie to take place in Sinnoh and therefore be the last movie about the main Sinnoh legendaries. Movies 10, 11, and 12 will make up a Sinnoh trilogy, but it won't be the only movies for DPPt. Movies 8 and 9 were both AG while starring gen IV pokemon, so the same will very well happen with DPPt.

Then why did the press releases call the "Last movie of the DP Trilogy"? If they truly wanted to make sure people don't think of it as the series ending soon after this movie, why don't they just say that it's the last movie of the Sinnoh Trilogy. I know Bulbapedia, and the thread releasing the announcement of Movie 12 with Press Summaries said that it's the last of the DP trilogy.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Yeah. The last of the DP trilogy. The trilogy in DP. There's still a chance there could be a fourth DP movie, unconnected to the trilogy.

GreatLiver

man, myth, stud
    Years
    Then why did the press releases call the "Last movie of the DP Trilogy"? If they truly wanted to make sure people don't think of it as the series ending soon after this movie, why don't they just say that it's the last movie of the Sinnoh Trilogy. I know Bulbapedia, and the thread releasing the announcement of Movie 12 with Press Summaries said that it's the last of the DP trilogy.

1. Really, how much sense does it make to think that DP's ending sometime within the next year and a half. Sure that's a long ass time, but anyone with an ounce of sense can realize that we're gonna be seeing these same characters for at least a little longer.

B. Oh god you're here too.

daydreambeliever

Awkwardturtleshipping (L)
    Years
    • Seen Nov 8, 2011
    I just don't see why they would make only 3 movies for DPP when all the overs have had 4 or more. & i will admit, they are running out of legendary pokemon from sinnoh, but it annoys me that Sinnoh has the most legendary pokemon than any other region and they can't just find a couple to use for another movie. They have pretty much put all of them in the 3 DPP movies.

Still, I want more Sinnoh movies.

Back