• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most flawed pokemon designs

Jerme

stupid
Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    i say:
    registeel: what the hell is this thing, a robot?

blaziken: freaks me out, this thing belongs in the digimon universe, looks like a mexican wrestler costume WTF

jynx: this thing looks like a street prostitute wearing a dress skirt

mr. mime

electivire: what were they looking at while making this, dr. robotnik?

probopass: i am going to throw up

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • The only true answer is Lickilicky. At least the other unpopular GenIV evolutions look significantly different from their predecessor, but Lickilicky just looks like a Lickitung with Down's Syndrome. And unlike the likes of Tangrowth, Rhyperior, Magnezone, and Mamoswine, Lickilicky doesn't do much to make his family much more usable. >_>

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Hey, Blaziken is pretty cool.

Agree w/ Timbjerr on Lickilicky. Other than that Magneton to me and Probopass. Magneton isn't flawed, it just seems like a cheap idea compared to some other pokemon..and probpass...nothing to say regarding it :P.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Well I dont thing registeels design was flawed? It's supposed to represent the iron age right? So then anything thats covered in steel will look a little robotic!

I guess I think maybe Magmortar, im not saying I don't like it but theres some parts of its design I don't like, like its lips LOL
    Oh and im not quite sure about Probopass, it has a mustache so... yeah... then again its kinda funny so im still not sure!

Kendall

Fool of a Took
    Years
  • Am I the only one who gets Probopass? Both Probopass and Nosepass are based on the Moai of Easter Island.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moai

Personally, I think it's awesome.

As far as the true uglies, the likes of Lickilicky, Bidoof/Bibarel, Purugly, Tangrowth, and Magmortar fall under that category for me. They flubbed several of the designs in Gen IV. Claydol, Cradily, Ramparados, and Burmy/Wormadam always looked weird to me too. They also could of made Carnivine a lot cooler but they screwed that up too.

Jerme

stupid
    Years
    • Seen Dec 14, 2010
    yea i knew that. but i just dont know why that would be a pokemon

Thunderhead

Ride the Lightning
    Years
  • Magnazone - It may just be because Magnaton is one of my favorite Pokemon, but this thing looks more UFO like rather than a magnet in my honest opinion.

Don't have a problem with any of the others appearance wise...

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • I used a LickiLicky in the Platinum Battle Factory...its back sprite creeped me out for some reason.
    Most flawed pokemon designs It's...drawn oddly or something...o.o

Heck, plenty of Pokemon look weird. So I just don't use them unless, in the case of the Battle Factory, they have a moveset I like.

Resultz

All- round Poke-Whizz
    Years
  • A lot of you diss Probopass, But according to the dex, it controls 'mini-noses' I mean i think hats pretty cool if you ask me..

Years
  • "mexican wrestler costume" LOL
    No but seriously, Blaziken is pure win and is one of the coolest pokemon. I have to agree with you on Jynx though, she's the weirdest looking pokemon...

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    I would have to say Tangela. With most pokemon, you can sort of picture what it would look like in real life. But not this one. Pokedex entry should read:Tangela is a ball of blue strings that walks around in red shoes with floating eyes in the middle of some black abyss. I don't like Tangela.. :disappoin

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2010
    I'd have to agree with everyone saying Lickilicky and Probopass. They just look weird.

Years
  • What about Tentacool and Tentacruel? Now those pokemon are the most boring ones I have seen. I don't even know how to describe it .. :laugh:

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    I always liked tentacool and tentacruel. I almost always use them in each version.

I think "flawed" would imply mistakes in the design, so I'll just pick out some pokemon I just think look bad.

No gen IVs though because I can't remember them all.

Mr-Mime and it's pre-evo whatever it's called. Never ever liked them. Look too much like a clown.

Jynx - seems Jynx is quite unpopular. I used to like it, but now it's just a bit creepy.

Machamp's family is just too human-like for my liking, and I find overly muscular human bodies a bit nauseating.

Hypno is also a bit creepy. Not sure why, but I think it might be because it looks like a creepy old man.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    i just dont like woboffet. or its baby form... too happy lol.
    also... heatran. fire spider thing just doesn't look cool, or legendary...

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • Jynx - seems Jynx is quite unpopular. I used to like it, but now it's just a bit creepy.

This is true. Classic Jynx wasn't all that creepy as it was designed to be a spectral entity controlling a blonde wig and a Nordic princess dress...which is admittedly an awesome concept. After the blackface controversy and they changed it to an odd purple-skinned drag queen, it became less cool and more downright creepy. D:

Back