• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Most Horrible Battle Animation in R/B/G

luke

Master of the Elements
Years
  • I liked the Bubblebeam sound. T_T I'm such an oddball.

Surf was pretty bad. It was... weird. At least it was a good move.

Me too. I'm reading this and thinking "I liked that sound..." Glad someone else agrees with me. I hated Surf. So. Much. And Hydro Pump stunk. Lame.

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    I liked the Bubblebeam sound. T_T I'm such an oddball.

Surf was pretty bad. It was... weird. At least it was a good move.

I have to agree with you of the bubblebeam sound. You're not alone in the oddball world. Surf was just plain weird too. The bubblebeam sound sounds better if the super effective sound were to be next.

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Have anyone seen 10manboruto in Green? Why is the animation different from the other games? The Gym Leader's Raichuu used it. It's shorter animation in Blue and Yellow version.

bitter_doom

im a house elf
    Years
  • SCHHREEECHHE

screech or i think thats how i spell it...? lol yeah but when i was verseing onix's and stuff like that and there yousing always doing it... really high-pitched

spenceroone3

<he eats lots of burgers.
    Years
  • I hate EVERY SINGLE MOVE.... But I didn't mind the sounds that much. The one I hated the most was sonicboom, I thought it was invisible, not like a tornado!

Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2009
    Wing Attack also looks like tornados (in the 3rd gen) and that seems strange.

Years
  • I liked the Bubblebeam sound. T_T I'm such an oddball.
    Haha, I kinda did, too. It was so dramatic sounding xD.

Um, hm. Oh, the noise that acid made. *cringe* It always annoys the crap out of me. And it looked dumb, too, it was like a little flower dripping poison on your head O_O.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 12, 2008
    Wrap, Constrict, and Pokemon coming out of the balls. And the cry of the Nido's killed me. But I liked Bubblebeam. D=

Scales

Man of Infinite Jest
    Years
  • I never liked surf and bubble beam. I didn't like surf because the enemies pokemon looked like some weird pipe things were jutting into it and some weird noise was playing. Bubble beam just sounded strange. I was glad that they changed it to a much more realistic animation and sound in later games

Years
  • I didn't like Lick, Leech and Flash.
    Lick looked so strange and Leech and Flash sounded badly-_-
    And not forget Psychic. I think it was cool but it looked silly either.
    But what are you all talking about? Bubblebeam had such a great sound XD

Some Pokes from the back were sucking, too. When I remind off Moltres or Charmeleon... Ahh!!! Poor Pokes XD

Back