• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most Over Rated Pokemon

What do you think are the most over rated Pokemon? (A-Z)

• Total voters

Monochrome

[♠]♦]♣]♥]
    Years
    Pikachu, all the Eeveelutions, and Lucario, yes Lucario my friends! He is overrated and although I originally thought he was a decent Pokemon I've become very much so averse and disgusted in him as a Pokemon.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I don't find Pikachu to be overrated, though. It's the series' mascot. Of course a lot of people who does not know Pokémon would obviously heard of Pikachu.

I think Lucario is quite overrated. I have no hate against it, but it is not that great of a Pokémon.

Niprop

The Fighting Porygon Team
    Years
    P. I. K. A. C. H. U

Pitiful Irritating Krone And Can't Hold Up

Not that I have anything against Pikachu (except for that time it got Porygon perma-banned from the animie), it's just that it's EVERYWHERE! Sure, we get it, it's cute, now lets get on to the next pokemon!

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
    Lucario. Hands down. I hate his design, I dont like his swagger, I hate his voice. Lol okay im done. But seriously, just look at his thigh's. Weird stuff.

Honestly whats the point of
    Darkrai, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Heatran, The Regis,
    and Jirachi? They don't have any role of major importence.
    They should of saved these for future games. I won't be
    surprised if the newest region has twice as many legendaries
    as Sinnoh.

With the exception of the Regis, I totally agree with you. I really hold nothing but distain for all of the unnecessary legendaries. It takes the specialness out of the pre-existing ones.

s l u g

arriving somewhere but not here,
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 2, 2023
    i hate the damn rat!! oh yeah mouse

Pikachu is simply overrated and a .. well let it be.. i don't understand why do some people still love it.. and i don't think it deserves to be a mascot..

well anyway no offense to anyone but i don't like him.

Ŧøry vs. M£A†¥³

It's nice like Icicle Spears!
    Years
    Pretty much every legendary pokemon is overated to me.
    Theres really no point for legendary pokemon they're a
    waste of space. Its really annoying to see other trainers
    use legendary pokemon in their teams, its pretty much
    taking the easy way out. Lately Hoenn and Sinnoh have
    been making a ton of legendaries. Even ones that have
    little to do with the game. Honestly whats the point of
    Darkrai, Cresselia, Phione, Manaphy, Heatran, The Regis,
    and Jirachi? They don't have any role of major importence.
    They should of saved these for future games. I won't be
    surprised if the newest region has twice as many legendaries
    as Sinnoh.

Lucario. Hands down. I hate his design, I dont like his swagger, I hate his voice. Lol okay im done. But seriously, just look at his thigh's. Weird stuff.

With the exception of the Regis, I totally agree with you. I really hold nothing but distain for all of the unnecessary legendaries. It takes the specialness out of the pre-existing ones.

Hey, don't hate on the Regis, they are my favorite trio. This is the reason for there legendary classification:

Regirock: was form from the Stone Age.
    Regice: was form from the Ice Age.
    Registeel: was form from the Iron Age.

I haven't even answered my own question yet. I think the most overrated Pokemon is Darkrai. In competitive battling, I have to say Cresselia.

Last edited:

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
    Years
    I notice the overwhelming level of Pika-hate emanating from this thread. That's exactly why I'm tired of the anime, and why I'm sick of Nintendo using us as the Pokemon mascot. True, there are fan clubs everywhere, but for every fan there's a hater. I just don't care for that ratio.

Unfortunately, it's been the standard for so long that there's a less-than-zero chance of it changing. And as for the cute thing...I honestly just don't see it. I mean, I don't think I'm cute (or at least as cute as I'm supposed to be, anyway,) and...there's just more to us than that!

As much as it pains me to do it, I have to go with Pikachu...but ONLY because Nintendo pushes it too hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm not self-hating - well, not for THAT reason, anyway - it's just Nintendo severely overdoes it.

Pikachu the representation is overrated due to Nintendo, but NOT Pikachu the species.

Last edited:
    Lucario. Why?

-Any pokemon with average attack that he can't kill can kill him in one.

-Almost all pokemon movesets in competitive battling have a ground or fighting move. Oh, what a coincidence, they're the types Lucario is weak against!

-The movie made Lucario look mystical, cool and strong with that aura thing.

-People think he should be a legendary, then Magmortar, Electivire and Togekiss are more uber uber uber uber hyper mega infernal thunderly liek lolerz OMG magestiv uber than Arceus.

-My gabite lv 50 (yes, I didn't evolve him until a few levels more when he learned dragon rush) resisted one aura sphere and killed him with dig :/

AuraAshley

Wê'll §†å¥ £ðrêvêr †hï§ wå¥
    Years
    lets see most over rated pokemon would have to be pikachu. heres why.

in the show pikachu is unbeatable; ash's pikachu never looses a fight

mattattack

Huh, Son?
    Years
    EEVEE AND ESPEON. I hate them fan girls/boys are like "oh so kawii" the the f--- the kawii mean anyway and their really annoying pokemon too get a life EEVEE ESPEON FANS

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    Not a big fan of Eevee or Flareon or Vaporeon, but Jolteon is one of my favorite pokemon.

I think Mewtwo is awesome, but isn't as strong in the game as everyone makes him out to be. With proper EV training, a Gengar can totally own him.

I don't really like some of the pokemon that came after the original 151, but that's just me.

Everyone seems to really like Blaziken, but it doesn't really do much for me.

Years
    Pikachu why? Because everytime people that don't even play pokemon think pokemon they think pikachu.and whenever pikachu gets hurt in the anime ash calls out in his uber obnoxius voice "PIKACHUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!"
    any illegal hack/action replay pokemon why? well i love my cheat pokemon(my deoxys, jirachi, arceus, darkrai, shaymin etc.)but i have a friend and whenever he gets a new hack pokemon he comes up to me and says"I have DEOXYS! Mwahahahahaha!" JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE CHEAT POKEMON YOU ARE NOT INVICIBLE! I KNOW I'M NOT!!!
    and i can't stand meowth. I'm so sick of watching the anime and hearing
    "Meowth that's right!" every middle of the episode.

FalconJoker

Joking with the Devil
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2009
    in the show pikachu is unbeatable; ash's pikachu never looses a fight

He's lost many times.

With that said, Pikachu is still over rated. Eevee and all it's evolutions (cept Jolteon, that's my fav). Also, all Pokemon that don't evolve in the anime. I hate battles with first form Pokemon. They evolve for a reason LET THEM (I'm LOOKING AT YOU ASH)!!!

As for competitive battling, Scizor, Garchomp and Lucario.

Zach.Is.Me.

As my name suggests, I am Zach
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2009
    Also, all Pokemon that don't evolve in the anime. I hate battles with first form Pokemon. They evolve for a reason LET THEM (I'm LOOKING AT YOU ASH)!!!

Seriously, why won't he evolve his freaking Bulbasaur? Venasaur is one of the strongest Grass-types. Silly Ash.

Eevee and all it's evolutions (cept Jolteon, that's my fav).

True that. Jolteon pwns.

kingofjokers

This is not a custom title!!!!
    Years
    pikachu and mudkip i dont understand why people like mudkip and the rest of you just nailed pikachu i got nothing else to say

Back