• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Most overrated Pokemon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Before the 4th gen i would have said pickachu because almost everyone knew it and nintendo picked it as a mascot (clefairy was WWAAAAAYYYY more deserving). Now i gotta say darkari (it's ugly, not as powerful as others, and has a very uncreative name).

IMO the most under rated poke' is either igglybuff (it's so cute but nobody gives a (alternate word for poop)) or giraffig (IDK it's a very average pokemon but luvdisc gets the title as most known average)

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • 2. I never said anything about "unoriginality".
    really?
    Infernape - lol blazekin
    Glameow - lol skitty
    Azelf - lol celebi
    Garchomp - lol another overpowered pseudo-legendary dragon for sinnoh-lovers to dry hump
    Gallade - lol scyther & another evolution to the antisocial queer and ballerina that is ralts and kirlia
    sounds like your talking about originality to me. but who knows maybe i'm just crazy. :\

I'd have to say it's exactly the opposite. And aren't Pokemon supposed to be animals with superpowers? I'd much rather have an actual animal than some machine garbage like Metagross, Bronzong, Giratina, and Zekrom.
    dont remember there being anything that states that pokemon were supposed to be animals. You even admit it yourself.
    "HURR DURR TAKE OFF YOUR NOSTALGIA GLASSES HURR DURR MAGNETON DUGTRIO DODRIO HURR DURR RATTATA IS A MOUSE", you get the point. Good god, what do you expect of the first Pokemon you encounter? :/
    It's a rat, deal with it.
    hmm so we're meant to deal with it while you can't deal with the fact that some pokemon aren't animals?
    The way i see it is pokemon are meant to be monsters. monsters can be anything. anything includes freaky mechanical things. whether you like it or not doesn't change the fact it's a pokemon.

All B&W Pokemon fail, and that's a fact.
    hmm so whatever your opinion is, suddenly becomes fact does it? sure, i can see why you would hate some of the new pokemon but thats just your opinion. Also fail doesn't work in this context. Do you know what the creators intentions were when they were making these pokemon? it could have even been that they wanted to create a generation of pokemon that SandslashFTW would hate which would mean that the pokemon are a success.

if your going to troll, atleast don't contradict yourself. its a shame as you make sandslash look low. :(

Jirachi²

Make a wish!
    Years
  • Most OverRated Pokemon

In My Opinion, I feel that Scizor is overrated. Personally, I love the design of Scizor but due to my personality I like being unique, I like being the individual that doesn't follow the crowd, which is why I see Scizor as being overrated because of its high use in Competitive Battling.

As for
    SandslashFTW, I'll start by quoting Sydian.

SandslashFTW, once again, try to keep yourself cool as a cucumber, otherwise you'll see a locked sitting atop this thread soon enough.
    Now, onto my second quote, which happens to be you. You are asking people for their opinion whether they dislike another Pokemon or disagree with your opinion.

Now start your ranting, or feel free to disagree with what I think. Go.
    Pan posts later stating his opinion, what Pokemon he dislikes, and brings up further points for discussion.

(By the way, does MR. MIME function more like a HUMAN or a POKEMON?)
    You take this as a personal stab when Mr. Mime was never mentioned before in this thread, nor was Pan even referring to you in his post.

I never said I liked Mr. Mime. And nobody's getting wet in their pants over any Mr. Mime, only Lucario.
    You go on to say all Pokemon in Black and White are Machines.

And no, B&W "Pokemon" aren't Pokemon. They're machines.
    There are several Pokemon that aren't machines, I'm only going to point out one since there is too many to list, but Aaken and Archeos are ancient birds. Nothing Mechanical. You then state this thread has nothing to do with stats, but about their design. I'll quote your first post when you created this thread.

Is there a Pokemon you just can't stand, but it gets so much love? A Pokemon that just gets on your nerves, but everyone seems to love it? If so, say it here.
    Stats = A reason why a Pokemon can get on someones nerves, or why they can't stand it. Your next post is actually half useful, you somewhat politely state that you disagree and state why. Good Job.

I'd have to say it's exactly the opposite. And aren't Pokemon supposed to be animals with superpowers? I'd much rather have an actual animal than some machine garbage like Metagross, Bronzong, Giratina, and Zekrom. Also....
    Then your post falls to pieces again. When you make a personal attack making out that they have some sort of mental illness, when all they were doing was stating their opinion, which is what you ask for in the first post of this thread.

"HURR DURR TAKE OFF YOUR NOSTALGIA GLASSES HURR DURR MAGNETON DUGTRIO DODRIO HURR DURR RATTATA IS A MOUSE", you get the point. Good god, what do you expect of the first Pokemon you encounter? :/
    It's a rat, deal with it.
    After that your next post isn't an opinion, you are forcing your belief on other people by stating they are facts.

All B&W Pokemon fail, and that's a fact.
    The definition of "Fact" from Wikipedia.

The word fact can refer to verified information about past or present circumstances or events which are presented as objective reality. In science, it means a provable concept.
    Your Opinion isn't verified information, nor is it a provable concept. If you disagree, please explain to me how you can prove a Pokemon fails, then again Pokemon isn't Science, so your argument would be invalid.

I'll ignore the next few posts as they are just personal attacks and should not have been posted. In My Opinion.

Now, on page three. You start with a personal attack, very original slamming someone for being as what you call "not-original". You then mention Ditto and babble on about it's design, when the only time Ditto was mention previously was about it's attacks.

1. First off, you aren't cool, unique, or original because of your green font. You're actually quite retarded.
    2. I never said anything about "unoriginality".
    3. I never mixed up Nintendo and GameFreak.
    4. Ditto is the transformation Pokemon. It transforms into other Pokemon, you see? Understand the whole concept? That's why it's a blob. Why in hell would they give a transformation Pokemon a detailed design?
    5. Fair enough, Ash's Pikachu is overrated.
    6. Obvious troll is much too obvious. Sandslash FTW, baby.
    So, I'm glad I could do what you asked, and input My Opinion and Disagree with you, while further contributing to the discussion and mentioned what Pokemon I feel is overrated.

Now start your ranting, or feel free to disagree with what I think. Go.
    I hate making these types of posts. =[

- Jirachi² -

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    really?

sounds like your talking about originality to me. but who knows maybe i'm just crazy. :\

dont remember there being anything that states that pokemon were supposed to be animals. You even admit it yourself.

hmm so we're meant to deal with it while you can't deal with the fact that some pokemon aren't animals?
    The way i see it is pokemon are meant to be monsters. monsters can be anything. anything includes freaky mechanical things. whether you like it or not doesn't change the fact it's a pokemon.

hmm so whatever your opinion is, suddenly becomes fact does it? sure, i can see why you would hate some of the new pokemon but thats just your opinion. Also fail doesn't work in this context. Do you know what the creators intentions were when they were making these pokemon? it could have even been that they wanted to create a generation of pokemon that SandslashFTW would hate which would mean that the pokemon are a success.

if your going to troll, atleast don't contradict yourself. its a shame as you make sandslash look low. :(
    Your avatar is the freaking chandelier Pokemon. Seriously, just stop talking. When a Pokemon is based on a chandelier, you know the series is going downhill. And when people actually like this chandelier, you know the fan base is experiencing mass retardation.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • Your avatar is the freaking chandelier Pokemon. Seriously, just stop talking. When a Pokemon is based on a chandelier, you know the series is going downhill. And when people actually like this chandelier, you know the fan base is experiencing mass retardation.

And when you post on a forum based around a kids game just to tell them they're retards because they like a character from a 3+ video game, well, I'm sure you know since that's you I just described. Seriously, you do realize that you're just acting like an immature troll? If not, you need to get yorself straightened out and sto crying over people liking something. It's like if an infant said they like po the best and their dad called them retarded because noonoo is clearly the best. Just...no.

And no, I don't think I'm cool because I have green font, liking a colour does not make one retarded.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    In My Opinion, I feel that Scizor is overrated. Personally, I love the design of Scizor but due to my personality I like being unique, I like being the individual that doesn't follow the crowd, which is why I see Scizor as being overrated because of its high use in Competitive Battling.

As for
    SandslashFTW, I'll start by quoting Sydian.

Now, onto my second quote, which happens to be you. You are asking people for their opinion whether they dislike another Pokemon or disagree with your opinion.

Pan posts later stating his opinion, what Pokemon he dislikes, and brings up further points for discussion.

You take this as a personal stab when Mr. Mime was never mentioned before in this thread, nor was Pan even referring to you in his post.

You go on to say all Pokemon in Black and White are Machines.

There are several Pokemon that aren't machines, I'm only going to point out one since there is too many to list, but Aaken and Archeos are ancient birds. Nothing Mechanical. You then state this thread has nothing to do with stats, but about their design. I'll quote your first post when you created this thread.

Stats = A reason why a Pokemon can get on someones nerves, or why they can't stand it. Your next post is actually half useful, you somewhat politely state that you disagree and state why. Good Job.

Then your post falls to pieces again. When you make a personal attack making out that they have some sort of mental illness, when all they were doing was stating their opinion, which is what you ask for in the first post of this thread.

After that your next post isn't an opinion, you are forcing your belief on other people by stating they are facts.

The definition of "Fact" from Wikipedia.

Your Opinion isn't verified information, nor is it a provable concept. If you disagree, please explain to me how you can prove a Pokemon fails, then again Pokemon isn't Science, so your argument would be invalid.

I'll ignore the next few posts as they are just personal attacks and should not have been posted. In My Opinion.

Now, on page three. You start with a personal attack, very original slamming someone for being as what you call "not-original". You then mention Ditto and babble on about it's design, when the only time Ditto was mention previously was about it's attacks.

So, I'm glad I could do what you asked, and input My Opinion and Disagree with you, while further contributing to the discussion and mentioned what Pokemon I feel is overrated.

I hate making these types of posts. =[

- Jirachi² -

First off, I made this thread intending to debate with people. What's with you people and agreeing with everyone? What's the point of the forum if everybody just posts their opinion and moves along, with nobody to contrast on their opinion? God, this forum would be boring if I did that.

Secondly, I said Lucario looked too much like a human. Then Pan said Mr. Mime looked to much like a human. Of course he was referring to me. :/

Also, When I say all B&W Pokemon are machines, and that they all fail, I'm not being literal. Do you understand that? Obviously there are B&W Pokes that aren't machines, I'm not an idiot, I'm simply exaggerating, joking around, ever heard of that?

Oh, I hate making these posts too.

And when you post on a forum based around a kids game just to tell them they're retards because they like a character from a 3+ video game, well, I'm sure you know since that's you I just described. Seriously, you do realize that you're just acting like an immature troll? If not, you need to get yorself straightened out and sto crying over people liking something. It's like if an infant said they like po the best and their dad called them retarded because noonoo is clearly the best. Just...no.
    I'm not crying about anything, haven't you idiots ever heard of debating? What is this forum for, people to skip around holding hands agreeing about crap? And no, this is nothing like a dad calling his infant a retard, that's a family relationship between a year old baby and his father. This is an internet forum. Learn the difference.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Your avatar is the freaking chandelier Pokemon. Seriously, just stop talking. When a Pokemon is based on a chandelier, you know the series is going downhill. And when people actually like this chandelier, you know the fan base is experiencing mass retardation.

OK, now you're just being ridiculous.
    You're acting like the previous generations were any more creative. T_T

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
  • First off, I made this thread intending to debate with people. What's with you people and agreeing with everyone? What's the point of the forum if everybody just posts their opinion and moves along, with nobody to contrast on their opinion? God, this forum would be boring if I did that.

Secondly, I said Lucario looked too much like a human. Then Pan said Mr. Mime looked to much like a human. Of course he was referring to me. :/

Also, When I say all B&W Pokemon are machines, and that they all fail, I'm not being literal. Do you understand that? Obviously there are B&W Pokes that aren't machines, I'm not an idiot, I'm simply exaggerating, joking around, ever heard of that?

Oh, I hate making these posts too.

I'm not crying about anything, haven't you idiots ever heard of debating? What is this forum for, people to skip around holding hands agreeing about crap? And no, this is nothing like a dad calling his infant a retard, that's a family relationship between a year old baby and his father. This is an internet forum. Learn the difference.

You mean an internet forum with a kid who thinks he's more important than everyone, "I think you're kinda retarded because you like that character from a babies game. That really is quite retarded. Did I mention retarded?", well no, because it's a character from a video game, it's less retarded than the colour green, which btw, is not retarded.

Whoever banned him is now a god IMO.

Last edited:

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I won't really be commenting on stats/powerfulness, but rather in terms of aesthetics, and just the Pokemon itself.

I don't understand the obsession with Lucario, either. He's alright, but I don't get why he's so many people's favorite

Same with Quilava. Don't get me wrong, Typhlosion is a cool Final form, though he is one of my least favorite final form starters. Cyndaquil is pretty cool and cute, but he doesn't get much better. I mean, he's a mouse, right? Or is he a rat? What is Quilava? A weasel? A Ferret? I've heard people call Typhlosion a fire wolf, but even that seems to be a stretch. Still seems king of weaselly to me. Or maybe he's a Giant Fire-Ferret. Really though, what's the big hooplah over Quilava?

Though, I know many would feel the same about some of my favorites, Tyrannitar, Charizard, Squirtle, Heracross, Remoraid (he's a fish shaped like a gun that can breath ice,electricity, and even fire. Not to mention he turns into an octapus) Mamoswine, and Snorlax, to just name a few off-hand.

I suppose that's what is so grand about Pokemon. With so much variety, everyone will find ones they love, and ones that they don't understand others love of.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Lugia. Especially if people think it can one-shot Ho-oh with Hydro Pump.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • I don't think Lugia's overrated, I just prefer Ho-oh's design much more.

It's also one of the most easily confused pokemon typewise. People keep thinking of it as a water-type when it's a psychic-type. It doesn't help that its design doesn't make it look like either. XD

razzbat

dancer
    Years
    hahaha there we go again. so you don't like talking to people who have a differant opinion to you? seriously, grow a pair of balls. opinion doesn't mean that all your opinions are fact and everybody else's is retarded. opinion is not fact, and it only makes you look retarded if you think other peoples opinions are retarded.
    you talk about debating. you debate with facts, not through the bases of opinion. thats just dumb, it leads to nothing. facts are like the post that i posted before, where i stated that your kind of dumb based off the fact you consistenly contradict with yourself. and the fact you cant accept it shows that you fail at debating, so there really isnt any use trying. so yeh debate resolved, you are retared.
    on topic though, i dont really think there is an overated pokemon. there isnt really that i think that stands out.

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    AH MEK A LIST FOOS
    Charizard
    Slamance
    Metagross
    Tyranitar
    Zoark
    And all legendaries
    Don't get me wrong I like all the pokemon above this BUT I despise pikapoop

GaXeL

Feraligatr Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2012
    Lucario is number one right now, well because they had him in SSBB, he wasn't even a legendary... They replaced mewtwo with him? T_T

Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2010
    Overrated Pokemon

Gen I: Alakazam, For the same reason MartianOddity pointed out. Hell, I one time had a lower level fighting type kick Sabrina's Alakazam's ass. And Gyarados, since it has pretty low defense stats and can easily be killed off with a good electric attack. (They should make Gyarados Water/Dragon instead of a Water/Flying type)

Gen II: Ledyba...I remember back before the Gold and Silver versions were released; me and my classmates thought Ledyba would be a legendary pokemon, even a Pokegod if you will. But boy were we wrong when found out Ledyba was just another Bug-type you could find early in the game...Spinerak/Ariados is much better.

Gen III: Groudon, My Groudon always died on me and I never like it that much at all. To me, Groudon and Kyogre are just plot-enhancers.

Gen IV: I don't know much about Generation IV to be honest.

Rucario

Madam you see before you stand
    Years
  • Most overrated Pokemon?

Most overrated Pokemon?

I see these two a lot. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike them, but I do dislike how everyone and their dog has one on their team.
    Hahaha, I agree. Every time I battle a trainer they usually have a Salamence on their team. At one point I just exited the game because I was sick of seeing them.

I also say Bidoof. Not only is he useless to the whole Pokemon world, he is just a meme now and it got annoying quickly just like the "u mad" meme.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Charzard. Get out of freakin' SSBB, we have turtles. :D

And don't get me started on Ranger. Complely ruined the game for me.

Necrø

Paramore <3
    Years
  • Evn though when he first came out he was pretty awesome and really he still is Lucario is hell Over-Rated!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back