• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

most powerfull fire type

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    I would say either Blaziken(nice speed, good mix of fire fighting moves) or Magmotar(I'm suprised that nobody mentioned him, I mean didn't you watch the final fight between gary and ash?Magmar has the strongest fire type move and magmotar's power is even stronger!).

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    ^ No legendaries...

Competitive battling wise, Infernape is the strongest fire type. However, like someone else mentioned earlier, if it's for a fanfic you really could use almost any fire type.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • To make this question more answerable; If all the fire types got in battle, who would win?

Years
    • Age 14
    • Seen Jul 6, 2011
    It depends on alot of stuff

What is powerful to you?
    Most attack? defensive? strategy? special attack? fastest?

In my opinion Infernape is the best Fire Type.
    Because of its Speed and Close Combat.
    It can take all of the fire types with one Close Combat (depending on builds).
    I think Torkoal is the only fire type (non legend) that can take a close combat from it and hit back with an Earthquake

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    To make this question more answerable; If all the fire types got in battle, who would win?

That actually makes the answer different. Now the question is more like: Which is the best fire type to hurt other fire types with? The answer to that would probably still be infernape, because I'm sure it can learn earthquake via TM. Since it's one of the fastest fires it would most likely destroy the other fire types that are weak to ground. However, if you're set against using starters, magmortar would be a good choice as one of the best fire types (although it's lacking in the looks department).

Detox

Hmmm...for best physical i say rapidash,no doubt...

for special....probably infernape or charizard

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Hmmm...for best physical i say rapidash,no doubt...

for special....probably infernape or charizard

Rapidash sucks. And the best Special Sweeper in the fire category is Magmortar.

Dude,Charizard is fire/flying....

i Do agree.....
    it depends on the nature & the way the trainer uses it,It has high attack & sp.atk,descent speed is a count...

i wouldn't actually agree Infernape is the strongest,i think its because of that Close-Combat thing...
    lowers def & sp.def
    after that attack,infernape would be more vulnerable with all those earthquake,surf pokemon running around.
    But it is strong, ill tell you that.

So? He outspeeds a huge chunk of the metagame.

No legandaries dude..

same as^no legendaries, the creator of specifically told us:"Excluding legendaries."

I would say either Blaziken(nice speed, good mix of fire fighting moves) or Magmotar(I'm suprised that nobody mentioned him, I mean didn't you watch the final fight between gary and ash?Magmar has the strongest fire type move and magmotar's power is even stronger!).

Blaziken has horrible speed, and is basically an inferior Infernape.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    most powerfull fire type
    Gastly, Haunter, and Gengar are the strongest fire types.
    Dude,their poison-ghost....they aren't fire type...

Rapidash sucks. And the best Special Sweeper in the fire category is Magmortar.

Blaziken has horrible speed, and is basically an inferior Infernape.

I agree,rapidash does suck....

so counter would be a good move against it..(if physical)

Terri

Whatever floats your boat
    Years
    • Seen Feb 15, 2015
    i reackon charizard, it's got a pretty high special attack which is better than arcanine and its speed is high as well

rapidash isn't one of the worst, it's attack and speed is quite high, though there's not many physical fire moves

i think blaziken and inferape are both quite similar stat wise, but infernape is much faster

revelp8

My mohawk is on fiiiyaaaa!
    Years
  • infernape and charizard are my ties.

battling and competitiveness: infernape is quick and hits hard, and is movepool is massive. although, if he can't OHKO, then it is severely in danger in getting KO'd. charizard can take a hit well, although SR does horrible damage to it as well as other rock type moves. but its available to kick ass as a bellyzard. max attack, couple with fire punch for the stab and blaze, well, im sure some of you have seen the results.

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    It depends on alot of stuff
    In my opinion Infernape is the best Fire Type.
    Because of its Speed and Close Combat.
    It can take all of the fire types with one Close Combat (depending on builds).
    I think Torkoal is the only fire type (non legend) that can take a close combat from it and hit back with an Earthquake

The Close combat thing is demanding...
    Your A LOT more vulnerable to the pokemon you used it to...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtmvYXnBFeU
    (like that for ex.)
    But infernape is also strong.
    Ihate that effect of lowering both defensive stats..

I don't think Torkoal can physical wall for its life.

Back