• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Battle] Move Animation connection help in pokeemerald

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    Hey guys. I'm trying to add an animation to a new move I created. In
    Code:
    battle_anim_scripts.s
    , I added my move to right before Move_COUNT. I also added the move somewhere in the script with the other moves. It shares a name with the move in battle_moves.h. Finally, the animation I made for it works when it's attached to the Tackle move, so I know it's not a problem with the animation. It's just that whenever I use the move in game, the move does not have an animation. I'm trying to figure out if there's a place I'm missing for attaching the animation to the move or if I've messed up somewhere along the way.

Years
    Did you update the MOVES_COUNT in include/constants/moves.h? From the note next in to Move_COUNT in battle_anim_scripts.s,I would guess that any move animation after Psycho Boost would be ignored if the count isn't updated.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2021
    Really bizarre. I HAD updated it, but once I increased it once more another time it started working. Very bizarre. The number is technically two higher than the actual move count instead of one higher so hopefully that doesn't cause any issues. Thanks for your help!

Back